Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For the really budget minded...way back in the early 2000's we used to buy old boat...like ocean going boat ropes...big suckered cheap on fleabay. If I recall like $20 and even if they are only .25% of their original strength would still rip a frame in half or pull off a bumper

Hossamus Prime

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
21 BadSquatch,‘21 ExplorerST , RIP 84 & 90 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After considering a number of options and listening to lots of recommendation, I went with Voodoo Offroad's recovery ropes and soft shackles.

Haven't used yet, but impressed with the quality. Also already impressed with their customer service. A few days after I placed the order I still didn't have and shipment information, so I called them. Talked to a guy, gave him my info, and he put me on hold for a few minutes. He comes back on and explains the issue:

I'd included a t-shirt in my order, along with the rope and shackles. He explained they have two facilities, one in Utah and one... somewhere else (can't remember). He explained their system automatically routes orders to one or the other and sends a notification to their order-preppers based on what's in the order. Mine should have been filled by the Utah location (because of the shirt), but for some reason the notification never went to them. So while I was on hold, he called Utah, and got a hold of one of their team. He stayed on with him while the guy physically put my order together in the warehouse and walked it over to be packed and shipped.

I got a shipment notification 15 minutes after getting off the phone, and the box arrived 2 days later.

By far the most efficient and helpful customer service I have encountered, and that despite coordinating between multiple states.

Sponsored

mbagne

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I purchased the Matt's Recovery Rope when they were initially announced last year. It is a Yankum rope in Matt's Recovery yellow.
Actually . . . that's the version I purchased too, big fan of the show . . . you can actually learn recovery techniques and the style/finesse it sometimes takes.

OP
OP
Happy

Happy

Black Diamond
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ5, Wagoneer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've enjoyed the Matt's Recovery vid's.

Thanks for all the suggestions. Also appreciate the soft shackle suggestions.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah Matt works the hell out of his ropes and tows with them which you are not supposed to do...yet they are still working.

If I ever break down and actually buy an expensive rope, it will be that. I've seen it in action way too many times.

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

JPG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Steve from C4RSonline is in Colorado and make all his recovery stuff by hand, give him a look.
Sponsored