First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford & Toyota
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have est. 9/4 delivery date on an OBX and want to start preparing. The first thing I want to do is install a 2” leveling kit.

I’m looking at the 4WP($400) or the rough country ($150). Only difference I see is the 4WP comes with replacement crash bars.
Opinions? One recommended over the other? Thanks in advance.

tires 315/70/17 or 35/12.5/70
Wheels 17” +35 & 5.88 backspace
Sponsored

Last edited:

RubyRedGT

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco. Sold the 1968 and 2015 mustang GTs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What size tires are you planning on?

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have est. 9/4 delivery date on an OBX and want to start preparing. The first thing I want to do is install a 2” leveling kit.

I’m looking at the 4WP($400) or the rough country ($150). Only difference I see is the 4WP comes with replacement crash bars.
Opinions? One recommended over the other? Thanks in advance.

tires 315/70/17 or 35/12.5/70
Wheels 17” +35 & 5.88 backspace
Wait until you get your Bronco first. I saw a recent video where a dealership received an OBX W/std suspension and it was already level. They wanted to add 35 in tires, so they added the Rough Country 4 wheel 2 in spacer kit and it worked out beautifully

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

RC kit looks like welded steel on the spacers vs billet aluminum on the 4wp kit.

If you care about ride quality/performance you’ll be swapping this when something better comes out so it becomes a question of do you want crash bars and do you care what the spacers are made from?

Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Depends on your set up OP, but Rough Country don't have the best reputation for quality. Between the two, go with 4WP would be a simple suggestion.

Are you getting Sas or what? It's all about the suspension and tires you're starting with.

Most important is do you plan to wheel the Bronco and what type of terrain? Comfort and durability may be affected by your kit.

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
RC kit looks like welded steel on the spacers vs billet aluminum on the 4wp kit.

If you care about ride quality/performance you’ll be swapping this when something better comes out so it becomes a question of do you want crash bars and do you care what the spacers are made from?
On the RC 2 in spacer install, the crash bars remained and they indicated the ride quality was the same after the installation. Other than removal of the strut housings on all 4’s, nothing else was touched.
Sponsored