Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’ve decided that I want to hold off on converting my order until I can get a white hardtop, (hopefully) some better color options, put eyes on the different models, and maybe give Ford more time to work out the kinks. So do I just sit tight and wait until after the MY22 B&P is online, and then convert my existing reservation?
Sponsored

sanford

Black Diamond
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado, Subaru Crosstrek, BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yep

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wouldn't. I'd have it converted now and have the dealer put it at priority 99. There have been different answers on whether non-converted reservations go away if not converted. I know the conventional wisdom is that they do not...but why risk it? Nothing to lose to convert and have the dealer sit on it....

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve decided that I want to hold off on converting my order until I can get a white hardtop, (hopefully) some better color options, put eyes on the different models, and maybe give Ford more time to work out the kinks. So do I just sit tight and wait until after the MY22 B&P is online, and then convert my existing reservation?
I wouldn't. I'd have it converted now and have the dealer put it at priority 99. There have been different answers on whether non-converted reservations go away if not converted. I know the conventional wisdom is that they do not...but why risk it? Nothing to lose to convert and have the dealer sit on it....
Al, if you're not planning on switching dealers, take the advice provided by @Gamecock. If you have a pre-Sept 31 reservation, converting now will help increase your dealer's allocation. As long as your order has a '99' priority code, the order will be held, and you will be all set for when the 22MY order banks open. This is what I did while waiting for my ManSquatch.

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
From 1-29-21-
"If a customer wants to wait for 22MY Bronco features, should they convert their reservation to an order? We recommend, with customer consent, the dealer coverts the order and leaves it in the order bank untouched with a 99 priority code so that it does not schedule. Using the remarks section in WBDO, see below, the dealership should notate “22MY Wait” for these customers. We are working on a process to convert / “rollover” 21MY orders to 22MY and will have more to share on this at a later date. See above for how a customer can revert their order back to a reservation. "

Also need to consider if this convert process keeps your timestamp position.

Sponsored

Joe Brony

Outer Banks
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape :(
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It would be nice if Ford could release MY22 details like... now. Unless their sales conversions are so bad that they need more MY21 sales before people delay to MY22. 🧐

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My vote is always to convert and have it be prioritized 99... since that's the safest from our perspective, and what Ford is recommending dealers do...

...that said, the only "penalty" to not converting is that scheduling appears to occur on a quarterly basis, so you can jump back in when you do finally convert, but you may have to wait up to 3 months to have your build scheduled.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...d-for-2021-model-year-after-march-19th.12880/

RescueCheckPT2

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco BD, MH-65D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It would be nice if Ford could release MY22 details like... now. Unless their sales conversions are so bad that they need more MY21 sales before people delay to MY22. 🧐

There's a funny dynamic happening now where people with early reservations are wanting to wait until MY22 just to see what else is available.

And then you have people like me with late reservations (9/30), who's builds don't fall into the "delayed trims/engines/trans" forcing them into MY22, that would gladly order an MY21 to move things along... you know, for the sake of.... progress?