Pony Collector

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Just wondering if I need the rear locker, won't be doing any off-road driving. Debating this option for NY winter driving. Bronco will be winter daily driver , summer split with Mustang. Ordered very late (June), started out with bb and changed order to ob because I wanted either high or lux package.
Sponsored

MrOzMan

Wildtrak
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
No you won’t need a rear locker. Having 4 Auto would be nice. I would still get the rear locker for drifting and donuts in the snow though :)
Just wondering if I need the rear locker, won't be doing any off-road driving. Debating this option for NY winter driving. Bronco will be winter daily driver , summer split with Mustang. Ordered very late (June), started out with bb and changed order to ob because I wanted either high or lux package.

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's 10x cheaper to have one put in when ordering, vs deciding later you want one lol.

noliveaxle

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 jku rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have one in my work truck 4X4. Never thought I would need it and I have used it at least 6 times to help me out from bad articulating hills and pulling out a buddies truck and fifth wheel in sand. Just buy it. If you don’t use it. I would bet you would get more for your bronco when you sell it.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Being as the diffs are open I would get the factory locker or plan on installing a limited slip in the rear to have some sort of traction device.

Sponsored

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No you won’t need a rear locker. Having 4 Auto would be nice. I would still get the rear locker for drifting and donuts in the snow though :)
It's 10x cheaper to have one put in when ordering, vs deciding later you want one lol.
Both of these posts are spot on. The 4A transfer case will be very welcome in the snow. The locker, while not needed much, is a good addition and very cheap to add to a build.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The only time you'll need it is when you slide into a ditch. Sadly , at that point, it probably won't help anyway.

John Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500/ Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Something to consider is with open diffs, a 4wd doesn’t actually put power to all 4 corners (1 front 1 rear). At least with a locker, you’d have 3 wheel drive. Without a locker, the tire(s) with power is usually the one that doesn’t need it.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford should've atleast provided LSD option for models without lockers. On base base, you can't even option a rear locker.
LSDs aren’t as important as the once were now that vehicles can independently brake specific wheels depending on which have slip or traction.

Sponsored

ilbastarge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla X
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Something to consider is with open diffs, a 4wd doesn’t actually put power to all 4 corners (1 front 1 rear). At least with a locker, you’d have 3 wheel drive. Without a locker, the tire(s) with power is usually the one that doesn’t need it.
With the advancement of drivetrain controls I would counter that "light duty" use would be verrry close to a locker.

bluesun68

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
raptor, velar, f-type
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I've rarely used mine in the Raptor. Most often on a boat ramp. But honestly in those situations you can just brake and it will get both wheels moving.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If you are putting street tires on it then it wont make a big difference anyway if you get stuck. If you are getting ATs then might as well.

Slick Rick

Black Diamond
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Challenger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yes, I would get one, you will regret it if you don't. It turns a regular 4x4 into a beast. I don't think that you need the front locker if you are not going off road. The front locker helps lift the front over rocks and logs etc..

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Have you ever been in a driving situation where you got stuck because of no traction? Maybe you're off the side of a highway, it's been raining and it's muddy. If your spinning wheels and not going anywhere, this is where the locker will help you. Engage and both rear wheels turn at the same rate and out you go. Could be something similar on a steep icy driveway in the winter. Instead of slipping and spinning tires, the locker may get you up.

If I were buying a non-Sasquatch Bronco and the rear locker was available, I'd definitely get it, although I would probably go off road with mine. In your situation, it's a toss up. The vehicle will be more desirable with this feature when if and when you sell it. It might come in handy sometime and you'll be really glad you have it. You also may decide that you want to get off pavement in the future and this will give you confidence to go down the trail.
Sponsored