First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
First: The Bronco is not my daily. All the miles on my Bronco are either off-road, getting to the trail, or towing a trailer... the rock rails and skid plates are already marked up and will continue to be. The exterior paint is full of bush pinstriping that can be corrected when I want want it to be. I purchased this vehicle with the intent on getting it dirty, but I also intend to keep it a while and like to keep my vehicles in good condition for my own OCD and future resale value.

Second: I've seen other threads where people have noted how easily the interior plastics scratch.

In Summary: This thread is intended to identify and prevent needless damage in common problem areas.

Rear Seat Belts: On my 2 door, the rear seats have only been used once. The seat belt buckles are starting to rub into the hard plastic (I have less than 1,000 miles). I'm planning to wrap an old sock around the male end of the buckle.
Ford Bronco Needless Wear & Tear Protection for the Interior IMG_5900.JPG
Ford Bronco Needless Wear & Tear Protection for the Interior IMG_5902.JPG

Center Console: This picture is of the passenger side of the center console. I'm not sure what's causing it. Likely the female end of the seat belt? Again, I've only had someone in the back once... so the seat has only been folded a few times. Considering adding the sticky back felt that you can buy for furniture feet and applying to the female end of the buckle.
Ford Bronco Needless Wear & Tear Protection for the Interior IMG_5899.JPG
Sponsored

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Meh,this is typical of most new vehicles now. Not just ford or bronco. When 99% of interior is plastic this is what happens

tritonx100

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford explore
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
No real solution here. maybe you can buff it out with plastix

lmarchetti

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The seat belts connectors are meant to retract and sit in the belt flap. Sometimes they don't fully retract into that pocket and the metal on the back of the clip rubs against the plastic causing that wear.

Add the soft side of Velcro to the back of the seatbelt clip across the metal portion. Do this for all 4 seatbelt clips. It will reduce the marring significantly !

cyberfalco

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 JK, 2000 Ram 2500, 1993 FZJ80, 1994 FZJ80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is a rough one for sure. I use the foam bumper cover shipping sleeves I got from a friend that works at a body shop to minimize damage. You should see the inside of my 2011 JK!
Sponsored