Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I asked this elsewhere with no response, but this thread seems to be full of good information.

I trust my salesman, but am starting to doubt my dealer. They have been very quiet after I complained about them converting my reservation without my consent while claiming that ford made them do it.

I told them that I would have ford reinstate the reservation for my '22 mansquatch and then move it to another dealer... unless they state in writing what markup or markdown I will receive under this forced "order".

That is still some negotiation power isn't it? Or did we lose the ability to convert an order back to reservation? And thus... I screwed myself? 😆
At this point you’re FUBAR with that order. You’re at their mercy most likely. You could have had it switched by Ford when they converted it, but that ship has probably sailed.
Sponsored

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I asked this elsewhere with no response, but this thread seems to be full of good information.

I trust my salesman, but am starting to doubt my dealer. They have been very quiet after I complained about them converting my reservation without my consent while claiming that ford made them do it.

I told them that I would have ford reinstate the reservation for my '22 mansquatch and then move it to another dealer... unless they state in writing what markup or markdown I will receive under this forced "order".

That is still some negotiation power isn't it? Or did we lose the ability to convert an order back to reservation? And thus... I screwed myself? 😆
They converted your order so they can get more allocation in 2022. In theory they were doing you a favor.

Swacer

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Raptor; 2018 Shelby GT350; 2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My build date is on 9/20

Is there any negotation tips to get bronco at invoice price instead of MSRP?

My dealer accidently showed the invoice price which is 2-3k lower.
But they are insisted to go with MSRP?

Can I play the card of cancelling the order or showing granger ford deal?
yeah, wait 2-3 years. You have no upper hand here right now

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base

Did you adjust the order to what you wanted? If you're waiting on a Mansquatch, you certainly have time to. The ability to change your reservation to another dealer ended in March. They are not taking new reservations at this time, '22 production is also sold out apparently, so once they open up the reservation system again, it'll be for a '23...

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Yea. Just tell them you're a day late and a dollar short. I'm sure they'll understand.

Sponsored

bloominguez

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Br BD, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

... A couple dealers doing invoice pricing on Broncos is good for the folks willing to travel to that dealership, but I imagine those dealerships are already regretting that they threw that out there when they did. No point or benefit to the dealership at all. Every dealership will easily sell every Bronco they get at MSRP or above.

Those under invoice dealers are loving it. Here’s why: the allocation formula for ‘22 onwards is mostly based on how many converted orders the dealer had for ‘21 and each year preceding the allocation for the year in question. The few small(er) dealers doing this recognized early on that they could make more money long term by getting people to flock to their dealership with under invoice pricing the first year; the result of which is a massive second, third and fourth year allocation which they are free to sell at whatever price they want.
I don't disagree with what RG7 said, but back to the earlier post by goatman: I think that the dealerships that offered the invoice pricing do have *some* small regret because they (like us) still believed Ford when Ford said that all reservations would be built before any dealer stock. They thought they had little to lose, because no dealer was going to be selling dealer stock until all the reservations were fulfilled. And then once dealer stock Broncos were built they would be in a great position to get a lot of Broncos. That's still true, I suppose, but big dealers are getting Broncos before they are at this rate.

We now know that Ford reneged on that pledge (build all reservations first) in a big way. I say that as a 7/14 reservation holder with no Bronco anywhere remotely in sight (and this was true even before the constraints became clear).

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My build date is on 9/20

Is there any negotation tips to get bronco at invoice price instead of MSRP?

My dealer accidently showed the invoice price which is 2-3k lower.
But they are insisted to go with MSRP?

Can I play the card of cancelling the order or showing granger ford deal?
Little late to the game for all of that

Also this is your 3rd post about this. The information you’ve been given isn’t going to change

Last edited:

Mrpenn46

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands - Cactus Gray
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ditto what has been said. You have NO leverage whatsoever. A couple dealers doing invoice pricing on Broncos is good for the folks willing to travel to that dealership, but I imagine those dealerships are already regretting that they threw that out there when they did. No point or benefit to the dealership at all. Every dealership will easily sell every Bronco they get at MSRP or above. The invoice pricing will get people from out of the area so the dealership won't even get the service and repairs. From a dealership standpoint it is a pointless strategy. Good for the folks who are buying from them to save a couple grand.

The statements I bolded are flat wrong regarding a dealership selling under invoice. There are a lot of behind the scenes incentives these dealerships are playing for. Holdback is just one of the money making incentives dealers are can get. Ford specifically has a "presidents award" that is tied into survey scores, units sold, and other factors. just one of the benefits of that award is lower interest rates on the vehicles parked on the dealers lot waiting to be sold. For example imagine the difference between 3% and 4% interest on a hundred + vehicles . That is huge money right there, way more than any given markup. There are intangible word of mouth benefits to treating customers right even if they don't get the long term relationship they could get from local buyers.

Sponsored

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The statements I bolded are flat wrong regarding a dealership selling under invoice. There are a lot of behind the scenes incentives these dealerships are playing for. Holdback is just one of the money making incentives dealers are can get. Ford specifically has a "presidents award" that is tied into survey scores, units sold, and other factors. just one of the benefits of that award is lower interest rates on the vehicles parked on the dealers lot waiting to be sold. For example imagine the difference between 3% and 4% interest on a hundred + vehicles . That is huge money right there, way more than any given markup. There are intangible word of mouth benefits to treating customers right even if they don't get the long term relationship they could get from local buyers.
Ahh....like I said I was a sales manger at a large Ford dealership for 15 years, and 15 years at other dealerships including GM for Toyota and Dodge/Jeep. Our Ford dealership won Presidents award, and it is very hard to do. It has nothing to do with how many Broncos you sell, nor making a ton more money. I gave a perspective, that's all. Agree or disagree, matters not much at all.

OP
OP

kkurni

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Countryman
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Lol try to play chicken... watch what happens.

They’ll sell it no problem, with markup, if you walk away. Did you not confirm pricing (in writing) when you ordered?
I got it in preview order before I signed. But it said "It is not an invoice"
When I try to confirm again, they always said, it will be MSRP (since in the beginning)

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ahh....like I said I was a sales manger at a large Ford dealership for 15 years, and 15 years at other dealerships including GM for Toyota and Dodge/Jeep. Our Ford dealership won Presidents award, and it is very hard to do. It has nothing to do with how many Broncos you sell, nor making a ton more money. I gave a perspective, that's all. Agree or disagree, matters not much at all.
You’re not the first current or former sales rep to downplay the below msrp deals. Probably not the last.

all have been run off because they didn’t and don’t understand the current state of the game.
Good luck

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

You’re not the first current or former sales rep to downplay the below msrp deals. Probably not the last.

all have been run off because they didn’t and don’t understand the current state of the game.
Good luck
Oh damn, getting personal, are we? Do you feel better? And what background and experience is the basis for this enlightening put down?

navi

Base
First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Is there any legal limit to the ADM the dealer can add to an existing order?
I'm thinking a lot of dealers will add a huge ADM to get the vin holder to walk away, leaving them with another Bronco.
Sponsored