Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands - Cactus Gray
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ahh....like I said I was a sales manger at a large Ford dealership for 15 years, and 15 years at other dealerships including GM for Toyota and Dodge/Jeep. Our Ford dealership won Presidents award, and it is very hard to do. It has nothing to do with how many Broncos you sell, nor making a ton more money. I gave a perspective, that's all. Agree or disagree, matters not much at all.
I wasn't aware you were a sales manager at a dealership. The dealership I worked at earned the Presidents award at least twice while I was there, and according to an article I saw the sister location earned it during 7 of 10 years. I never said it was easy just that satisfied customers was a factor in the award and I could be wrong but I for one will be perfectly satisfied to pay less than invoice and will answer a survey accordingly. So I still don't think those dealerships are regretting their decision to offer the deals they did. 🤷‍♂️
Sponsored

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Waiving and smiling, that ship has sailed and has crossed over the horizon and it looks desperate. Be glad you have a MSRP price at this point as a lot of people wish they could even get that.

I also bet the 20% rule goes un-enforced by papa Ford. With the high likelihood of not even getting the allocation numbers met and/or if dealer inventory gets built as there are no buildable orders from reservation holders that end is also likely a chit show of all talk.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They thought they had little to lose, because no dealer was going to be selling dealer stock until all the reservations were fulfilled. And then once dealer stock Broncos were built they would be in a great position to get a lot of Broncos. That's still true, I suppose, but big dealers are getting Broncos before they are at this rate.

We now know that Ford reneged on that pledge (build all reservations first) in a big way. I say that as a 7/14 reservation holder with no Bronco anywhere remotely in sight (and this was true even before the constraints became clear).
Big dealerships still have the same allocations restraints as any other dealership and don't get prioritized simply for being big. And I have not seen any reports of big dealerships getting dealer stock to sell. In fact, the little dealership we partnered with has thus far delivered more Broncos then the big dealerships in our area.

The only reason Ford is considering building dealer stock is because of the constraints. And then, only soft tops will be built if a dealership does not have any buildable reservation units. Being a 2nd day reservation holder without a Bronco doesn't mean Ford reneged in a big way.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You can't use canceling. It's getting built and if you cancel the dealership will just sell it anyway and likely with an ADM attached. If they're holding on to MSRP, try to squeeze more from them on a trade-in price(if you have one). You could also try and talk them into a free extended warranty or any other service/maintenance freebies.
I agree with Eric, you're stuck at MSRP now if you want that Bronco. trying to negotiate things like floor liners, mud flaps, cargo mat, or an extended warranty at a good price is all you have left. Good luck.

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Oh damn, getting personal, are we? Do you feel better? And what background and experience is the basis for this enlightening put down?
Don’t take it personal dude. Chilllllll

Sponsored

bloominguez

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Br BD, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Big dealerships still have the same allocations restraints as any other dealership and don't get prioritized simply for being big. And I have not seen any reports of big dealerships getting dealer stock to sell. In fact, the little dealership we partnered with has thus far delivered more Broncos then the big dealerships in our area.

The only reason Ford is considering building dealer stock is because of the constraints. And then, only soft tops will be built if a dealership does not have any buildable reservation units. Being a 2nd day reservation holder without a Bronco doesn't mean Ford reneged in a big way.
Sorry if I wasn't clear. I didn't mean to say that big dealers are getting stock units sooner *yet*. But that is what's on track to happen, that's what I meant when I said "at this rate." Some of the smaller dealerships with incentives and lots of reservations will still be fulfilling reservations at whatever discount they offered while the dealers without incentives will be selling stock units at MSRP.

I hope that the dealers that offered incentives or honored X-plan pricing do eventually get more allocation based on more Broncos sold via reservations; I hope their plans work. All I'm saying is that it shouldn't have to be that way, if Ford simply tried to fulfill reservations first, as best they can considering constraints (yes, I agree, better to build the stock units they can if they can't build certain reservation units based on constraints).

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think the best bet would be to slip on some pee in the bathroom. Maybe get assaulted by a lot attendant.

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Meanwhile I’m hoping and praying my dealer doesn’t go against their word keeping at least MSRP even though have it in writing.

spada

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Get an A/Z or B/X plan number from a friend or family member. I'll be damned if a dealership is going to try to screw over someone with A plan discount.
Sponsored