First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Neighbor asked me to stop over so he could show me his new 392 black Rubicon. Loved the wheels. Had fox shocks. Exhaust note was wicked with valves open. The rest was typical Rubicon.

Looks like I will need to buy a Warthog now.
Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice! I got an affinity for that 392, I know how good it sounds! I wish the Bronco had a V8 but the TT V6 will do.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just a tune on the 2.7 and you can be in the ballpark HP wise! You will all ready be ahead in the ride, handling and high speed off road ability with A BL or anything with SQ 😎 sound? Well I have nothing 😯

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just a tune on the 2.7 and you can be in the ballpark HP wise! You will all ready be ahead in the ride, handling and high speed off road ability with A BL or anything with SQ 😎 sound? Well I have nothing 😯
How will the ford explorer 10r60 trans hold up to that extra hp after the 2.7 tune?

Sponsored

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Congrats neighbor

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am not sure we know which transmission it will use or what the difference is , but it wouldn’t be my biggest concern. They have been running the powertrain for a few years, so hopefully good to go. I am willing to bet whatever issues come up, they are generally less than the Jeep (I have owned several Chryslers or whatever it is today) and although I have loved the design and engineering, the quality, not so much. I do have a 2.7 10sp currently and it has been excellent. I know locally people are tuning them to well over 400HP with minor bolt ons and running the heck out of them in F150s and Fusion Sports. Hopefully the Bronco transmission will prove similarly reliable and “tuneable”. I can also say with certainty, the Bronco ride and drive is light years better than the Jeep. The “392” is lipstick on a pig once you get off the rocks, the only place the SFA is an advantage. It will be fun to see how everything compares “in the wild” if we ever actually get Broncos in our garages. Jeep definitely wins, actually having vehicles you can buy😱
How will the ford explorer 10r60 trans hold up to that extra hp after the 2.7 tune?
e

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That thing is pretty fast. Guess it reaches death wobble even faster. You do have to hand it to jeep. They did release 2 new jeeps within a few months of announcing them while Ford can barely make a few thousand broncos.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With a shortened lifespan. Even with safety factors in design, 600 N-m (442 lb-feet) design parameters are not going to hold up to the increased heat and abuse of 525 plus lb-ft when a tuned 2.7 twists it.

Sponsored

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Pretty funny that people already have these 392 Wranglet’s in their driveway and Bronco continues to be delayed. The 392 is damn impressive and getting great reviews and while I’m not going to spend $75k on a Jeep or Bronco, it’s still a bargain for anyone who would have planned a v8 motor swap on a wrangler or new Bronco.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In the ballpark? You’re not making 140hp on a tune, not even close. Second, horsepower has absolutely nothing to do with how fast a car is, it has to do with how fast the car will go on the top end. Torque is what you’re concerned with and the Bronco with a tune could be about on par with the Wrangler with a tune which is good. But, the 392 is a monster, I know because I own one. The car eats through gears from a standstill, it’s an impressive engine and it’s unbelievable to drive. The V6 in the Bronco will have some turbo lag while the 392 has insane power in any gear at any speed at any RPM. Still excited for the V6 though, it should be fun to drive!

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In the ballpark? You’re not making 140hp on a tune, not even close. Second, horsepower has absolutely nothing to do with how fast a car is, it has to do with how fast the car will go on the top end. Torque is what you’re concerned with and the Bronco with a tune could be about on par with the Wrangler with a tune which is good. But, the 392 is a monster, I know because I own one. The car eats through gears from a standstill, it’s an impressive engine and it’s unbelievable to drive. The V6 in the Bronco will have some turbo lag while the 392 has insane power in any gear at any speed at any RPM. Still excited for the V6 though, it should be fun to drive!
In the ballpark at 400 HP give or take and roughly the same torque (500 lb ft). Assuming roughly the same weight as the F150, it’s not unusual to see low 13s or high 12s in the 1/4 mile with otherwise stock motors in those trucks. The Fusion Sports really fast guys seem to add additional bolt ons and many run higher ethanol tunes, but they are still getting well over 450HP with stock internals, so with a tune, the Bronco could be in the ballpark with a stock 392. I think the Jeep is cool and I did love my LJ, but they are going to have to do something with the front suspension to be competitive with all but the most hardcore rock crawlers.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In the ballpark at 400 HP give or take and roughly the same torque (500 lb ft). Assuming roughly the same weight as the F150, it’s not unusual to see low 13s or high 12s in the 1/4 mile with otherwise stock motors in those trucks. The Fusion Sports really fast guys seem to add additional bolt ons and many run higher ethanol tunes, but they are still getting well over 450HP with stock internals, so with a tune, the Bronco could be in the ballpark with a stock 392. I think the Jeep is cool and I did love my LJ, but they are going to have to do something with the front suspension to be competitive with all but the most hardcore rock crawlers.
You just said with a tune and now you’re adding in bolt-ons and high ethanol
Gasoline. Which is it? 70HP is not in the ballpark. 70HP is akin to me saying my Challenger is in the ballpark of the 550HP Jaguar F-pace SUV. It’s not.
Sponsored