Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Fair criticism. My camera on my I-phone stopped working due to a hardware failure so I couldn’t grab. Picture.

I am sure Zach from Granger can vouch that it is real since he sold it to me neighbor.
Speaking of vehicle manufacturers catering to the allegedly toxic masculinity, I saw a TRX in its natural habitat, the mall. It looked like an updated version of the truck in Back to the Future and navigated the parking garage as well as the Tesla in front of it. So, kudos, RAM!

So, does it seem like a V8 swapped Jeep Wrangler or something more?
Sponsored

OP
OP
MJJ

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Speaking of vehicle manufacturers catering to the allegedly toxic masculinity, I saw a TRX in its natural habitat, the mall. It looked like an updated version of the truck in Back to the Future and navigated the parking garage as well as the Tesla in front of it. So, kudos, RAM!

So, does it seem like a V8 swapped Jeep Wrangler or something more?
it feels and looks like a regular rubicon with different wheels and hood. when you start it up, the exhaust note barks to let you know it is something more but not radically new or different.

Imissmy1996bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The 3.92 claims 0-60 in 4.5 seconds. The Bronco is not doing that.

Then again 0-60 times are not a selling point for most outdoor adventure rigs.

I have a rubicon today and am still going to do a bronco
Fair point, but I suspect the Bronco will at least keep up a lot better than most people expect. At the tire, the Bronco and the 392 wrangler still put the same max torque, and without launch control, I suspect that in real life they’ll be significantly closer than expected until you hit high speeds

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unfortunately, they have not been running this "powertrain for a few years". The 10R60 transmission was new for 2020 in the Explorer and has been experiencing a lot of problems. :confused:
If you are going to go by internet reported problems, you would never buy a Jeep 😀 I have read through some of the issues and several of the reports are rental companies or other one off issues. Not that it doesn’t have issues, I just wouldn’t qualify the current information as definitive, for me at least. Lots of people don’t like the 2.710sp in the F150. I have had two and had solid performance and experience.

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have read through some of the issues and several of the reports are rental companies
Since the Ford 10 speeds are supposed to learn driver behavior, it has to be brutal for a rental.

flatlander40

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I will say Jeep probably read this forum to figure out that decibels will sell Jeeps and they added a switch to prove it
The reviews I’ve seen seem to say something Like “ it’s ridiculously overpowered and terribly overpriced, but it sounds awesome!!”

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
And with no Bronco , Jeep would not have made the 392 wrangler.

That is a cool jeep. I am sure the v8 jeep will push ford to do something better them selfs.

Scott2373

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Ford F150, '18 Wrangler Sahara, 08 FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs