BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Went to the Nevada Off-Roadeo on Thursday and it was incredible! Took my mom so we could spend some time together and learn. Neither one of us have ever driven off road more than a gravel fire road. I know we have plenty of these write-up but here’s one more and some pics to kill some time haha.

First off getting to experience the Bronco’s first hand under top notch instructions is so valuable and makes the wait easier. Even though my spec is dang near $60k after driving the vehicle for hours I believe the price will be worth it.

The instructors were great and really were the cherry on top to the whole experience. The food was phenomenal too!

For the day I was there there were 4 parties of drivers. We got 3 SAS Badlands and 1 SAS OBX. My mom and I were in a SAS Badlands mid-package.

The terrain at Nevada is mostly slow speed rock crawling. Which was great for me because as a newbie that genre is the most intimidating. But the Broncos are well equipped and we all got through everything pretty easily. I now know how/when to use the SBD, front & rear lockers, trail control, one pedal driving, and manual modes.

It was one thing reading about these features, and another putting them into practice. It all makes WAY more sense to me now. I was so worried about lifting tires from reading the SLA vs IFS arguments from years back haha. But even when the tires lift the Bronco can keep going thanks to the lockers. Best part is you can set them independently whenever needed.

The instructors taught technique over technology which was extremely helpful. So I got to practice modulating the gas/brakes myself AND using the Bronco’s assist features. I feel comfortable using both ways now.

All in all it was a GREAT time and I’d like to do it again at a diff site to try more types of terrain. Well worth every penny!

Now to the best part, the pics haha

AE9CF6ED-1D5B-4665-8984-5EC1FACB177B.jpeg

D0BEF3C3-4326-4C46-85A9-32EF33EC215A.jpeg

E310E34D-F7CB-42EA-AA1A-D20C9320452D.jpeg

87A60384-410D-4A21-9C2C-8F0686F87819.jpeg

1A166B93-0BA1-4059-A357-EBBADAACB0C0.jpeg

C406B8B3-51F4-4801-A589-4611974BEC4F.jpeg

38D49317-5AB9-47B1-8E47-3E2BEF8A5E09.jpeg

91B96F04-71FD-4FAA-8EE2-43C285A270FA.jpeg

3F6BECFE-FFF2-4AC1-9DD9-50F3C5F57076.jpeg

3517DCB8-AC9A-44B4-9434-9E9566E5E082.jpeg

D2D81196-F14A-4E01-9DCD-6D55C9E47BD1.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
BroncoBoy22

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well crap...now I'm completely on the fence between Nevada and Moab. I guess I'll just have to order another Bronco and go to both. :LOL: Thanks for the review!
Bahahaha!! The best part is you can’t go wrong with either! You’re gonna love it!

TRMFAM

First Edition
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 & 73 Bronco, 21 MDX A-Spec, 20 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I know we have plenty of these write-up but here’s one more and some pics to kill some time haha.
No sir, we do not have enough of these threads IMHO! Thank you for posting and love you took your mom that is some awesome time together.

Is that you in the cyber orange? I want to see the rest of the face that is in the shadow b/c it looks like an Oh Sh!t moment! :oops: Any more pics keep them coming please...but, no more pics of the desserts I am hunting some sugar after seeing those...yum!

Sponsored
OP
OP
BroncoBoy22

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No sir, we do not have enough of these threads IMHO! Thank you for posting and love you took your mom that is some awesome time together.

Is that you in the cyber orange? I want to see the rest of the face that is in the shadow b/c it looks like an Oh Sh!t moment! :oops: Any more pics keep them coming please...but, no more pics of the desserts I am hunting some sugar after seeing those...yum!
That was one of the people experiencing it. It was his first time behind the wheel so that was def his oh sh!t moment haha. The instructors purposely put him in a bad spot to demo the sway bar disconnect. I have video of it squatting down but I always have issues trying to upload videos here from some reason haha

I had one of those moments when the path was shaped like a “V” and instead of straddling both sides I rode one side. It like a 20* incline. To me it felt like I was gonna tip over but the car was fine lol.

Noted on the dessert pics! 😂 when I get home I’ll see if have anymore

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

thanks for the review! Spectacular landscape, not what I think when I think "Las Vegas".

This is the one I'll sing up for sometime next year, have to see what my son's college schedule looks like, want to take him as my guest.

It's the location most like what I'll encounter here in the sierras and it's easier to get to than Moab for me. The other locations look fun too, but very different from what I'll be doing, I'm not interested in wet and mud so much.

I'll most likely drive my own Bronco there, go past Mono Lake and explore on the way there or back.

Oneand0

Badlands
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I never got an email to sign up! I put in interest, but nothing back! I guess I better call them. Great review and I’m a newbie too for rock crawling. I want to learn and take full advantage of my BL, hopefully sooner than later. I Will sign up, as soon this fire threat is over in Tahoe.

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium; 1994 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good review and pics. Thanks for posting. I'll be there November 20th with my Son and Grandson. Spending Thanksgiving week with our Daughter in Pahrump. I'll get in a little Firearms practice and training at Front Sight too. And I'm kind of a Piro, Fireworks lover, so I can't wait to light some off. Can't do that in California 😎. Pahrump has quite a few Fireworks stores with some cool stuff. And of course we'll be in Vegas quite a bit too 😉 Can't wait!

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP, I plan on attending the Vegas Off-Rodeo as well. Did you stay at the partnered hotel (Red Rocks?)? How did you get the Off-Rodeo in the morning or did they have a meet-up spot. I will probably end up staying on the strip and need to get transportation sorted out.

OP
OP
BroncoBoy22

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
thanks for the review! Spectacular landscape, not what I think when I think "Las Vegas".

This is the one I'll sing up for sometime next year, have to see what my son's college schedule looks like, want to take him as my guest.

It's the location most like what I'll encounter here in the sierras and it's easier to get to than Moab for me. The other locations look fun too, but very different from what I'll be doing, I'm not interested in wet and mud so much.

I'll most likely drive my own Bronco there, go past Mono Lake and explore on the way there or back.
All the trail guides live in the area and are total off road junkies. So they’ll also be able to tell you some other trails to check out while you’re in the area.

That is awesome! I live down the street (off of Blue Diamond) from the Rodeo. I reserved my spot for Sat Oct, 2nd. Cant wait!
Awesome! If you get time post up your review after!

I never got an email to sign up! I put in interest, but nothing back! I guess I better call them. Great review and I’m a newbie too for rock crawling. I want to learn and take full advantage of my BL, hopefully sooner than later. I Will sign up, as soon this fire threat is over in Tahoe.
Create an account here then register for whichever date you like! https://broncooffroadeo.com/Login

OP
OP
BroncoBoy22

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP, I plan on attending the Vegas Off-Rodeo as well. Did you stay at the partnered hotel (Red Rocks?)? How did you get the Off-Rodeo in the morning or did they have a meet-up spot. I will probably end up staying on the strip and need to get transportation sorted out.
We stayed at Harrah’s on the strip. (Terrible experience at Harrah’s since their customer service was so bad lol). If you stay on the strip it’s about a 45 min drive to the entrance of the Off-Roadeo.

I would recommend getting a rental car or using the shuttles provided at the partner hotel (Red Rock).

The reason is that there’s about a 1 mile long gravel/rock road leading up to the entrance once you exit the highway. I thought about taking my mustang not realizing this, but my mom brought up getting a rental and thank God we did haha. It’s not a treacherous road, but not for sports cars. Ubers or taxis will probably refuse to drive on this road.

One of the other guests came in a CTS-V coupe. Let’s just say I was praying for him lol.

You wait with one of the trail guides at the entrance, then once it hits 0800 everyone follows them into the property where there shuttle you up to the welcome section and the fun begins.

These are the coordinates to the entrance 35°59'34.9"N 115°30'21.2"W

jcmhere

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep and 1975 vett
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Another thing I forgot to add is they also teach you how to be a spotter! That was SUPER valuable
Looks great and thank you for sharing. I go there Oct 15-18 from Washington with one of my friends. I hope they have a WT model their which is what I am purchasing. Did Ford or anyone communicate with you prior to the trip with details of what to expect?
Sponsored