Sponsored

Never owned a convertible, plan on a mod top, but can anyone provide some possible reasons to get the soft top as well?

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes. Ford doesn't offer a soft top for the 2-door... that's why the hard top is standard.

Bestop is offering the 2-door soft top, but as of this post, it's only available as an "accessory"... you can not order a 2-door from the factory with anything other than a hardtop installed.
Yeah, I knew about the ordering. I just thought there was a soft too available for purchase, that might be the bestop one I’m thinking of but it’s not on B&P.
Sponsored

6GSooner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Its an extra $600 to add soft top. any reason why I should?

doesnt look like its the "fold back" version?
I assume if I would have to take the whole thing off to have any of it off, while the hard top can come off in pieces.
the hard top can be stored in the 4dr version, so portability isnt a big benefit.

what am I potentially missing?

Thanks
If you don’t have a storage plan for your hard top, you are not likely to ever use a soft top. At least, that was the case for me.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

When will soft doors be out?

LARELL

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

for my two door i plan on getting a Bimini and then a full cover for if we are expecting any rain or if its still in a shoulder season where we might get some dew etc. try that for a while and decide if I want a soft top. I know that we'll get random rain storms in the summer where i'll need the protection for the interior but with the 2 door being so small already that hard top needs to come off! and just the two front panels off with the 2 door doesn't cut it for me.

Burndog

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just pointing out that the soft top, 4dr, the side and back panel come off, so it's now a bikini top. In addition you can then flip the front of the top back for a sunrider.
I've had hard top Jeeps and they are not necessarily more quiet than the soft, particularly in the rain. As far as cold, cold is cold and your heater should keep that cabin warm regardless. People seem to think a soft top is somehow colder, like a breeze will come ripping through during the yearly February polar vortex.
I won't even get into storing hard tops pieces. Why get a hard top when you spend all your time taking it off and storing it?
Anyway, that's why I'm soft top only.
My rant is over. Thank you for your patience.
Sponsored