Sponsored

Updated: RAKET “Multi-Top” Roof Rack

RAKET Roof Rack Poll….Would you rather have a...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

aspen_vintage

Outer Banks
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Lots of tie down points built in, easily removable, no holes drilled
Sponsored

OP
OP
RAKET

RAKET

Big Bend
First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.raketdesigns.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Lots of tie down points built in, easily removable, no holes drilled
yes on all 3 fronts. We may need to refasten or improve current oem fasteners, but the goal is to keep things stock as possible. Thank you for the input and hopefully you’ll be happy with the finished product.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Would be great for the tower and a bar between the front mounts to be independently sturdy enough to be able to tie on a canoe, paddleboard, kayak, etc. to just those two pieces without needing rails in between. If that was the case, it would also be handy for the front bar to have integrated lighting, since then those lights would never need to come off.

OP
OP
RAKET

RAKET

Big Bend
First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.raketdesigns.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Would be great for the tower and a bar between the front mounts to be independently sturdy enough to be able to tie on a canoe, paddleboard, kayak, etc. to just those two pieces without needing rails in between. If that was the case, it would also be handy for the front bar to have integrated lighting, since then those lights would never need to come off.
Thank you for the ideas. We thought about the built in lighting, but there will be some that want to configure their lights differently. Our goal for the front mount is to be less bulky, somewhat aerodynamic, and very sturdy. Both mounts will be strong enough, but we’d need to design a mounting system for the application you’re looking for. Never say never right? Thanks again.

OP
OP
RAKET

RAKET

Big Bend
First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.raketdesigns.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

7-1-22 Update:

I think I’ve found a solid mounting option that is noise cancelling, secure, operational without tools, and lockable. This was one of the biggest hurdles of making this rack system user friendly.

Another aspect (that someone mentioned in the thread) is the option of a smaller basket that has flexibility and can be minimized. If I have a metal fabricator out there, PM me. This is the other part of the patent. We are looking at collapsible baskets…possibly folding into itself…or sliding into itself to decrease by 50%. Let me know your thought and I’ll do my best to answer/update the progress.

Sponsored

doyouglas

Black Diamond
First Name
Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There are a few choice with a static load of around 500. I would like to see one between 500lbs and the gobi 800lbs. I'm planning to use a big roof top tent that can fit my family of 4. I'm a big guy so the 500 static load would be cutting it very close.

OP
OP
RAKET

RAKET

Big Bend
First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.raketdesigns.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

There are a few choice with a static load of around 500. I would like to see one between 500lbs and the gobi 800lbs. I'm planning to use a big roof top tent that can fit my family of 4. I'm a big guy so the 500 static load would be cutting it very close.
If it’s possible we’ll shoot for more. I know the tensile strength of aluminum tubes is high, but we’ll need to test capacity of the accessory mounts. Thank you and we’ll keep you updated.

OP
OP
RAKET

RAKET

Big Bend
First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.raketdesigns.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Happy 4th of July everyone. Here’s a quick update.

RAKET designs is alive. We’re a proud sponsor of Bronco 6G and looking forward to getting acquainted with more of you. I’ll do my best to keep everyone updated but for now here is the new logo. I should have more design updates coming next week as we start the 3D printing for the mockups, and an update on fabrication. Before I forget:

- The goal is to go 500+ lbs on the rack system.
- The system will be powder coated
- The mounts/brackets/tower will be lockable

Ford Bronco Updated: RAKET “Multi-Top” Roof Rack CEAAD763-ACFF-49CE-AE9E-BBE1AE5EFB0E

Thanks,
Derick

Bronco1971

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

A couple of my desires on a rack and it starts with concurring that low wind noise is a very high priority.

Aside from that;
1. I would like to see a mounting system for off road lights that allows the lights to "flip" down for daily use and garage access.

2. Mounting options on the side of the targa bar for jerry cans would be nice.

3. Mounting options on the side or rear of the rack for quick disconnect of HiLift jack.

4. It's probably been said, but need to be able to remove the front roof panels with the rack on. Maybe a clever mount for those on the rack?

Thanks for listening.

OP
OP
RAKET

RAKET

Big Bend
First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.raketdesigns.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thanks for the ideas. That’s a yes for a few, and I’ll definitely be looking at ways to make the other stuff work :).

Sponsored

Bronco1971

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks for the ideas. That’s a yes for a few, and I’ll definitely be looking at ways to make the other stuff work :).
I'm a small business owner as well, so please understand that I'm not pressuring you. That said, are you guys still in concept design?

Mike777

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, GMC Terrain
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What’s up Bronchachos? I wanted to share exciting news that my company (RAKET) will be developing a new ROOF RACK for the Ford Bronco. THIS WILL BE FULLY COMPATIBLE WITH EITHER TOP. We’ve filed the patent application and have started the R&D. We’ll keep the Forum updated along the way. That being said…here’s what I’m looking for; I would love your input and ideas as to what makes the “ultimate rack” for your Bronco? I’d like to use this thread to hear from you as we start the process. I’ve attached a few details about the rack, but we’re open to ideas. Attached is a very rough sketch of our concept.

View attachment 347547

So let’s talk about some of the key components of the RAKET rack system:

1. The basket (and tower) can be removed within 10 minutes…and be done on the trail.
2. Portions of the rack system will be stationary with “no additional drilling”. That means less install/uninstall.
3. Components (along with the rack/basket) will be interchangeable based on your preference…taller rack…no problem.
4. Cost will be HIGHLY competitive with others in the market. This is a Bronco owner building for Bronco owners.
5. Research will include tensile strength to support Roof Top Tent capabilities.
6. Our goal is to provide customizable aspects to components (molle/ladder/light bars/etc.)
7. Will be available for 2/4/Raptor models.

So now it’s your turn. If you were to build your own rack system, what do you want? Thanks for your time and I look forward to hearing from you. Feel free to send a direct message if you prefer. More news to come once we kick off our marketing and pre-orders.

Derick - RAKET Designs
1. For me the rack has to support at least 500 lbs. I have a soft top and I've been wanting to put a rooftop tent and awning on my ride.
2. Also make it easily removable if I want to put my soft top down.
3. Please make this simple and affordable. There is too many options out there that are way to expensive like the Gobi which is also too big.

OP
OP
RAKET

RAKET

Big Bend
First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.raketdesigns.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thank you for the input and all 3 are goals for this rack. Keep an eye on future posts and hopefully we can meet your expectations.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.