Sponsored

Updated: RAKET “Multi-Top” Roof Rack

RAKET Roof Rack Poll….Would you rather have a...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I will hold out for this. As a soft top owner (and lover) I’d like to have the ability to use position 1 on a regular basis. Also be able to use the IAG cargo lift. I understand that I may lose those functions when it’s loaded up top - but, I like that you’re thinking modularity and when the rack isn’t in use - that it doesn’t render the soft top useless. Also, if you can incorporate more modern and sleek design as opposed to tube bars…
Sponsored

OP
OP
RAKET

RAKET

Big Bend
First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.raketdesigns.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I will hold out for this. As a soft top owner (and lover) I’d like to have the ability to use position 1 on a regular basis. Also be able to use the IAG cargo lift. I understand that I may lose those functions when it’s loaded up top - but, I like that you’re thinking modularity and when the rack isn’t in use - that it doesn’t render the soft top useless. Also, if you can incorporate more modern and sleek design as opposed to tube bars…
Thanks and I’m excited to hear this. Designing this I’ve been trying to limit my preferences to keep everyone else in mind. Having use of the soft top (at all times) is a must. Tube bars will be limited to the basket (if anything). I’m not a fan of that design, but I’m a fan of the tensile strength. Functionality of the soft top is the absolute priority.

Brad Fx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Merle the Bronco - Roof side rails only option that’s compatible with common crossbars, e.g., Thule and Yakima., AND the ability to remove 1st and 2nd row roof panels with the bar still on.

OP
OP
RAKET

RAKET

Big Bend
First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.raketdesigns.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

@Merle the Bronco - Roof side rails only option that’s compatible with common crossbars, e.g., Thule and Yakima., AND the ability to remove 1st and 2nd row roof panels with the bar still on.
thanks for the input. Yes the goal is to offer different options for the roof rack. Compatibility is high on the list since individual use will differ. Yes the roof panels will be removable while the bars stay on.

Guardian1fox2

Black Diamond
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond, 1923 Model T Racer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Man I need a roof rack for a soft top bad with two kids and beach trips and camp outs all summer; but can’t afford the Gobi option. I didn’t get to look through thread yet but does anyone know estimated cost on this is?

Sponsored

Bronco-ocnorB

Big Bend
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Man I need a roof rack for a soft top bad with two kids and beach trips and camp outs all summer; but can’t afford the Gobi option. I didn’t get to look through thread yet but does anyone know estimated cost on this is?
I believe it was said to be around the $2k range, but it has not been finalized.

OP
OP
RAKET

RAKET

Big Bend
First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.raketdesigns.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’m looking at multiple options to keep the cost down. That means meeting with several fabricators to check on pricing. I can tell you that our goal is to have competitive pricing for a lasting rack system. Stay tuned.

Bronco-ocnorB

Big Bend
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Man if that’s the case might as well save up for the gobi. 🥺
Yeah, really hoping it comes in less than that. I am similar in looking for a rack option with the soft top and the two things this has over the Gobi is it is more streamlined and it has the removable feature. We shall see though...

OP
OP
RAKET

RAKET

Big Bend
First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.raketdesigns.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Man if that’s the case might as well save up for the gobi. 🥺
I don’t want to promise too low and find out that materials and shipping is crazy.

Sponsored

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

For me a rack has to either be outboard of top or hinged with an open section so I can flip the roof half open and still use crossbars ( not basket as opening roof halfway means leaving basket behond) which also means the crossbars would have to be higher

OP
OP
RAKET

RAKET

Big Bend
First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.raketdesigns.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yeah, really hoping it comes in less than that. I am similar in looking for a rack option with the soft top and the two things this has over the Gobi is it is more streamlined and it has the removable feature. We shall see though...
once we get numbers I’ll get pricing in place. Thanks.

Last edited:

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Merle the Bronco

Do you have drawings completed yet? I saw that you asked to speak to a fabricator earlier in the thread, but for what I don’t recall. I can look at some stuff for you, if you’d like.

OP
OP
RAKET

RAKET

Big Bend
First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.raketdesigns.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

For me a rack has to either be outboard of top or hinged with an open section so I can flip the roof half open and still use crossbars ( not basket as opening roof halfway means leaving basket behond) which also means the crossbars would have to be higher
Yes the half position will definitely pose some design adjustments. That being said, the goal is to make a basket (and tower) removable in less than 5 minutes and give you the freedom of however you want the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.