@NotOJsBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I love how Ford finally answers our questions, once most of us have build dates! šŸ¤£

Looks like Sand and Mud modes are pretty much the same. Good news for Base trims who were worried about missing out on mud mode.
Sponsored

Toecutter

Badlands
First Name
jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 f150 fx4, 2016 jeep willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

because then you have the ability to option a badlandsout to a first edition clone without the stripes, they had to pick something to hold back from the badlands buyers

wilbersk

Raptor
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Endless info on the GOAT modes yet I still have questions. How can switching to certain modes change you from 2H to 4H/4L? Donā€™t you need to stop the truck and put it in neutral first?

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Best part of the video was having this handy:

Ford Bronco New 2021 Ford Bronco Video showing all GOAT modes and 4x4 system Bronco ELD settings chart

Gives more info as to why the 4A gives more functions than the quick bullet point provided in the Ford media previously. Before B&P went live there was enough conjecture on here as we didn't quite know what the differences were between them.

In the vernacular it's actually having 4wd in daily use or being RWD. Then things get spicy with the new tech and how to best implement it for the situations designed into the GOAT mode functions.

Stitches1974

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Put it in neutral, no. Stop maybe. Second video shows the guy changing goat modes, while in drive, but stopped.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...-mode-trail-turn-sway-bar-rear-legroom.12376/
At least for Ranger, you can change the trans-ECU settings while in drive, but if you want to engage/disengage lockers or convert drive wheels, you need to be in neutral.

So it's not always the same, depending on what you want to do. I would guess Bronco can change some of these while on the go if it's simply GOAT ecu changes without changing drive/gearing/lockers.

wilbersk

Raptor
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Yea Iā€™m not sure why they donā€™t clear this up. Seems incredibly important.
There will be displayed info on the dash as you make setting changes.

Such as trying to go 4-Low, it will say "You must engage Neutral to engage 4-Low".

I don't have any Bronco-specific info on a potential display message for each GOAT mode change, but as some of them also make concurrent driveline changes, I would assume some of them require Neutral and some don't, depending on what changes are required. Thus, having the chart will help some owners, and likely most will simply rely on the dash warnings for operation rather than taking the time to understand the actual setting changes.

Ford Bronco New 2021 Ford Bronco Video showing all GOAT modes and 4x4 system Bronco ELD settings chart

Sponsored

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wonder if Sport can be added through Forscan or some other method by the dealerā€¦Eco would never, ever be used so it would be nice to replace it.
Maybe if we push enough it'll be part of the reflash/tune with the Ford performance procal tuning option..... Hmmmm

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I look forward to a future when a trim has all modes without compromise. Or better yet, of someone figures out how to hack MY21s to add it.

Whenever I don't like music I just think, at least it's not Cardi B, and suddenly it's not so bad.
I imagine theyā€™ll be able to be added once there are enough out in the wild for the Forscan folks to decipher the as built data. May give errors if rig isnā€™t equipped with ELD etc and itā€™s expecting an input / output from that system.

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Endless info on the GOAT modes yet I still have questions. How can switching to certain modes change you from 2H to 4H/4L? Donā€™t you need to stop the truck and put it in neutral first?
Certain modes will not be available when driving over certain speeds. (Anything with 4L). Anything with 4H, the system is shift on the fly so you donā€™t need to stop. 4wd high has been shift on the fly for a very long time. Since last century even (its fun to say that).

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

šŸ„±
Wonder how many times I have to see GOAT modes explained before I actually get a Bronco.

Wasnā€™t something I needed to start with. About the only thing it does for me is adjust throttle response. All the rest is controlled by Hero Switches and the 2H, 4H, 4A, 4L buttons.
Sponsored