Stitches1974

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
At least for Ranger, you can change the trans-ECU settings while in drive, but if you want to engage/disengage lockers or convert drive wheels, you need to be in neutral.

So it's not always the same, depending on what you want to do. I would guess Bronco can change some of these while on the go if it's simply GOAT ecu changes without changing drive/gearing/lockers.
I should have made it more clear. My post was aimed only at goat modes. Not dealing with lockers etc, but you bring up good points. In the video, the driver went through all of the goat modes while in drive.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It's been shown at various events with videos posted on this forum, that you have to be in neutral to engage Rock Crawl mode.

because then you have the ability to option a badlandsout to a first edition clone without the stripes, they had to pick something to hold back from the badlands buyers
According to Ford's literature [and we all know how accurate that can be at times], the first edition does not have Sport mode either.
Ford Bronco New 2021 Ford Bronco Video showing all GOAT modes and 4x4 system 1625864512680

Attachments

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a hunch the Black Diamond and Badlands have all modes. For Baja in a BD, just switch to sport mode then 4Hi or 4Auto. For Sport mode in BL, just switch to Baja then to 2Hi. I'm waiting for one of the lucky early deliveries to test this theory out after their break-in period and report back to us.
does not seem to work that way, several posts somewhere on this forum seem to confirm.
I find it silly that they only allow 7 our of 8 on the top trims, but I also would hardly ever use 'sport' on my heavy as heck BL, not buying a sports car here. But it would be interesting to hear what the reasoning is behind this odd mode limit.

BareBack

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F 150 XLT Reg. cab FX4 5.0 Coyote
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There's 2 versions of the brush guards, excluding redesigns. There's the stand alone version and this short one that comes with the winch setup. The winch set-up looks unchanged from the overland concept.

Ford Bronco New 2021 Ford Bronco Video showing all GOAT modes and 4x4 system 249687CA-2B3A-474B-88F5-8BC3641D6507
NICE!

Sponsored

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Last edited:

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Endless info on the GOAT modes yet I still have questions. How can switching to certain modes change you from 2H to 4H/4L? Don’t you need to stop the truck and put it in neutral first?
You can switch between 2H/4H/4A on the fly. Switching to/from 4L requires stopping and putting it in Neutral.
A given GOAT mode might switch you to a different default 4x4 mode, or limit your available options, but you can still switch between those options manually. Everything is available in Normal mode.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Real Men’s 4x4
Ford Bronco New 2021 Ford Bronco Video showing all GOAT modes and 4x4 system 3
And women's! I really wish that the Bronco came with a shifter for the 4x4, but then I guess it would have to be actuated by a change in GOAT mode. That just looks so good with a stick shift for both the tranny and transfer case though.
Sponsored