Sponsored

New 22 Bronco in July; is my 21 Bronco worth that much?

Exekious

Big Bend
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hey everyone. I have a 2021 Bronco Big Bend soft top (4800 miles), 4 cylinder, automatic, stationed in Germany. I have been really enjoying the weather and the full top down experience.

I move to SC next month and I have ordered a 2022 Bronco Outer Banks with hard top (wife wants a quieter cabin). The Big Bend was someone else's canceled order, so once I realized how move I love this car, I wanted to order it my way. I had intended to sell the "old" Bronco in Germany to avoid paying $2k to ship to port of Charleston, but the local military market doesn't seem to support what the dealer told me it was worth.

I'm told the auction prices are $53-55k. I listed it for $49k and got lot's of complaining on the FB car sales groups about the outrageous price. I decided to drop it to $47k to see if that would generate interest. Got some messages and a test drive, but no sale. Before I waste time/money can anyone confirm if the market back in the States supports these auction prices? I don't want to pay to ship it back if it all turns to be BS. The delivery date of my Outer Banks is mid-July.

Thanks and I appreciate your local intel.
Ford Bronco New 22 Bronco in July; is my 21 Bronco worth that much? IMG_2334.JPG
I
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah auction prices are definitely not in the $50,000 range for a Big Bend unless it's got the Sasquatch package.

Big Bends with a rear locker are going for $46,000 - $49,000. If it has an open differential it's around $44,000 -$47,000. It fluxuates from week to week though—about a month ago Big Bends with open differentials were almost back down to MSRP, and they've gone up since then.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So you're in Germany and trying to sell it in Germany and local people are complaining about the price? And you can only sell it to the local military market? Because I would think that if you could sell it outside the military market that it would get snapped up in a sec.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

When I was in Germany I thought there were military members that sold to locals. You might want to check with base legal but I think a German would easily pay that if you're allowed to sell.

Calm horse

Big Bend
First Name
MO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 f150 king ranch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I don't think the hard top is more quiet than the soft top....every hard top bronco I rode in was actually noisier...whistles..pops.....maybe that will change once they figure out how to properly make one!

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The noise levels are about the same for both tops so don't let that be a deciding factor. Get a value through a couple of the many car buying services (CarMax, Vroom, etc) to see how much you can get for it if you have to ship it back and unload it quickly.

DFFam

Wildtrak
First Name
Dalil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have a 2022 Badlands Sasquatch lux pack full set of bags. Rock rails, leather seats. I took it to Carmax with 54 miles on the odometer. They offered me basically MSRP with with out the door price less $92.00.
I got others appraisers to give a price from the likes of We Buy Any car and Carvanna. They all offers less. I don’t know where people are getting the claimed offers of $7000 or more for these vehicles but has not proven to be true, for me. I live in the highest cost living area in America.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hey everyone. I have a 2021 Bronco Big Bend soft top (4800 miles), 4 cylinder, automatic, stationed in Germany. I have been really enjoying the weather and the full top down experience.

I move to SC next month and I have ordered a 2022 Bronco Outer Banks with hard top (wife wants a quieter cabin). The Big Bend was someone else's canceled order, so once I realized how move I love this car, I wanted to order it my way. I had intended to sell the "old" Bronco in Germany to avoid paying $2k to ship to port of Charleston, but the local military market doesn't seem to support what the dealer told me it was worth.

I'm told the auction prices are $53-55k. I listed it for $49k and got lot's of complaining on the FB car sales groups about the outrageous price. I decided to drop it to $47k to see if that would generate interest. Got some messages and a test drive, but no sale. Before I waste time/money can anyone confirm if the market back in the States supports these auction prices? I don't want to pay to ship it back if it all turns to be BS. The delivery date of my Outer Banks is mid-July.

Thanks and I appreciate your local intel.
Ford Bronco New 22 Bronco in July; is my 21 Bronco worth that much? IMG_2334.JPG
I
Hi, I like my hard top OBX, it is quiet and of high quality. It is more work to take it off, though. I would ask Palmetto Ford (my dealer) or Jones Ford or wherever your new order is, how much your BB is as a trade-in. Will give you a clue. Right now, Broncos are scarce on Charleston area dealer's lots. Also, there's no guarantee as to the arrival of your new car, unless its already built AND has its full array of Chips!

brentutk

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eruption Green Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I got 4 offers in the 70-72k range for my 54k MSRP 2022 Wildtrak (4700 miles) over the last week. Were from online services like Carvana.

DFFam

Wildtrak
First Name
Dalil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What am I doing wrong because Carvana offered me well under MSRP.

Sponsored

DFFam

Wildtrak
First Name
Dalil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I got 4 offers in the 70-72k range for my 54k MSRP 2022 Wildtrak (4700 miles) over the last week. Were from online services like Carvana.
What am I possibly doing wrong because carvana offered me well under MSRP

brentutk

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eruption Green Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What am I possibly doing wrong because carvana offered me well under MSRP
I'm in Nashville and had a green Wildtrak with high package. Not sure which of those variables drove the offers I got. Wildtrak's appear to be highly valued.

DFFam

Wildtrak
First Name
Dalil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Anyone looking to sell their vehicle on any platforms like CarGurus or Auto Trader, be aware of scams. If some offers to send you a cashiers check for your vehicle, reject it.

OP
OP
Exekious

Exekious

Big Bend
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Bronco leaves for Bremerhaven on Tuesday. I am shipping in to Charleston. It'll be there around the 12th of July and then look to sell in the States.
Sponsored