Sponsored

New 22 wildtrak check engine light and steering assist fault service required notification

desertoasis2b

Wildtrak
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 bronco, 2003 excursion,1963 F250 unibody
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
We got our new 2022 wildtrak today, 12 miles on the odometer and a check engine light and steering assist fault service required notification. Gotta love it.
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
We got our new 2022 wildtrak today, 12 miles on the odometer and a check engine light and steering assist fault service required notification. Gotta love it.
Hey there! I can look into your Bronco’s error message concerns on my end if you’d like. Will you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership info?

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unhook negative battery cable. Let codes clear. Hook up battery cable. Try again.

OP
OP

desertoasis2b

Wildtrak
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The PS started working on its own, and I unhooked the neg. battery cable and drove around with the check engine light still on then parked for several hours and and drove again with no engine light. Thanks for the help.

Fetus1987

Outer Banks
First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford bronco outer banks 2022, volkswagon jetta SEL
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The PS started working on its own, and I unhooked the neg. battery cable and drove around with the check engine light still on then parked for several hours and and drove again with no engine light. Thanks for the help.
Did the problem ever return? I'm getting the same code in mine now.

Sponsored
OP
OP

desertoasis2b

Wildtrak
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
We had to take it in for service, they replaced a control module and did a reset. We have not had any issues since then.

Kseannau

Base
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just took delivery of my base manual. No options and it's been 12 days and I just had this message flicker on mine. It was on for just like a second and went off after. I'd already been driving for 20 minutes. Couple minutes later went on again for like a second went off. Mind you when it started I'd been driving straight down a single road the whole time. When this happened there was no turning. No lane changing when it flickered twice. I did safe slow donuts in an open area of parking lot to get the wheel to turn locked to lock I did it in first gear. Second gear crawl gear reverse up and down hills. Any variable I could think of and it didn't come back on again. The only strange thing is before this today I thought I heard a kind of a whining noise, but I figured it was just you know being in first gear it only happened like first and second gear. Whenever it would kind of rev into higher rpms like 3,000 and I know that all the manuals I've driven they kind of sound like that when your doing that.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I just took delivery of my base manual. No options and it's been 12 days and I just had this message flicker on mine. It was on for just like a second and went off after. I'd already been driving for 20 minutes. Couple minutes later went on again for like a second went off. Mind you when it started I'd been driving straight down a single road the whole time. When this happened there was no turning. No lane changing when it flickered twice. I did safe slow donuts in an open area of parking lot to get the wheel to turn locked to lock I did it in first gear. Second gear crawl gear reverse up and down hills. Any variable I could think of and it didn't come back on again. The only strange thing is before this today I thought I heard a kind of a whining noise, but I figured it was just you know being in first gear it only happened like first and second gear. Whenever it would kind of rev into higher rpms like 3,000 and I know that all the manuals I've driven they kind of sound like that when your doing that.
Hello there! I'd like to look into this for you. Feel free to send over a private message with your VIN and dealership information at your earliest convenience.

Kseannau

Base
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
So just a quick update. I called Bell Ford where I bought the bronco and first off they said there's a three to five day wait for diagnostic work and I can't make an appointment to try and get close. I get that you know when I bring it in there might not be a tech available right away, but if there's already a three to five day wait, why can't I make an appointment for next Wednesday and drop it off then so that it's a hell of a lot closer. I'm sorry not everyone can just leave their only car at the dealership and just say I'll just grow wings and fly.

I'll tell you why they do it though, or what I've been told by friends that worked at dealerships. It's because they want to make sure there's always a backlog of work so that they're not paying their techs to just stand around.

Although most of those techs are paid on commission anyways, as far as I understand it, there quoted a certain amount of money for each job in a certain amount of time and if they get it done in less time, great. They could technically do 20 hours of work in a 10-hour day if they get it done fast enough. That's why I will never bring my stuff to a dealership unless it's for warranty work cuz they're basically incentivized to do more stuff to your car so they get paid more.

He also said that he can't do anything unless the message is currently displaying which it's not. So I'm just SOL and hopefully it's not a major problem and all of a sudden can't steer while I'm driving.

Although luckily because I grew up working on cars and I've had to work on all my own cars usually unless it's body work, I know a little about their epas system and it's it's just so you have power steering for the most part and it's now electric instead of hydraulic nrun of the serpentine belt and it's unlikely that I'll lose steering unless like there's something physically wrong with the rack and pinion and somehow the gears get stuck and it won't turn or something like that. I just lose the assist and you got to use your man muscles to turn especially when you're going slow.

I'll give you my vin info and stuff if you want, but knowing that the message isn't currently displayed, do you still want to bother with it since the other text said there's nothing they can do unless it stays on?

Last edited:

Sponsored

Kseannau

Base
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
So I still have that Ford pass thing and it actually saved the messages. Unfortunately I open one of them and it said Ford pass is not currently responding, but I took a screenshot of the notification. I know it doesn't tell you much but you can at least see that it happened along with whatever other notifications people are going to get to see on my phone now, I don't think I have anything to embarrassing on there looks like some spam and when I went golfing
Ford Bronco New 22 wildtrak check engine light and steering assist fault service required notification Screenshot_20230310-083807

Kseannau

Base
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
So I took the bronco out to Sedona Arizona and the little off-roading there wasn't really any mud. It was just this one trail that has a lot of I guess like steps. Kind of like sandstone I guess, but with the off-road tires and nothing else on a base manual bronco it did really good. And the steering alert didn't come up and I think I put a total of like 250 mi on the bronco so hopefully that was just some kind of glitch. So I just want to put an update that so far doing okay. Knock on wood.

Southside_Ray

Base
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just had this code appear while I was taking delivery of my Bronco... It went away, so I will return immediately if it appears again... No issues physically that I can tell. I will disconnect the battery and see if that corrects the issue.

StrainedCMOS

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Mine began doing this today as well, and it would come up again each time the car was started (manually and auto stop/start). No issues with the steering I could feel but will take it in for service as it would be bad to lose steering on the highway.
Sponsored