First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Strange - their website indicates $2,500 for all the keeps they offer this on.
Why strange? New product, new design. I would expect if they ever got closer to mass production status or just get more experienced and better/faster at making these that the price would drop.

That or current Bronco owners are rich AF and easy to rip-off.

atx_chance

Badlands
First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: 1993 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why strange? New product, new design. I would expect if they ever got closer to mass production status or just get more experienced and better/faster at making these that the price would drop.

That or current Bronco owners are rich AF and easy to rip-off.
I think they are betting it’s the second scenario. I have a hard time believing that their cost per item is much different between jeep and bronco.

I would probably be in at $2,500 for the whole roof but $5,000 for only the front is never gonna happen…

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You seriously need to change the title. Do you know how many Broncos people are waiting for an aftermarket hardtop so they can switch to a soft top and get their Bronco faster?

This is not an option to buy a different hardtop. This is a modification to your existing hardtop

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

right but im speaking more from a material and construction standpoint. I hope those slides are real because thats what i want for my 2 door . specifically the LARGE moonroof compared to the earlier "pill shaped" gunner hatch. However it would be even better if the top was made of a heavier sturdier material. Or even metal idk.

Seems ford should bring this one in house in my opinion

having a light roof you can toss in the garage for full air experience is good , but i would rather have a top you COULD remove but wouldnt because you can just remove a bunch of panels and get roughly the same experience. A top that is a bit higher quality and better sound proofed.
Here is the modular top intel we have at the moment:

Where was it confirmed. All the ones I’ve seen in testing were fiberglass
I have a friend at Webasto, supposedly they are in fact prototyping making the Modular Top. I'm not sure if several companies are pursuing it as well but that's very interesting. I actually would suspect that company could very well be a supplier if they got the chance.
So for starters I’ve heard rumors Webasto is preparing for production of the Soft Top. I’m not sure if Haartz is having a hard time with demand or that was the conversion of the existing contract for Hard Top production just so they can at least do something still.

As for the Mod top I know the process is definitely a bit different, it’s thicker and overall better. The physical design is identical to the current Hard Top apart from the materials, finish and of course removable windows on both two and four door units and then the center hatch on two doors.

I wish I could provide absolute conviction that the Mod Top will turn everything around but it’s impossible to say. They know they need to get it right. Though as far as I’ve been able to find out the issues rely mainly with Webasto as the design involved an entirely new process for them and it was their first go at it. Granted this was designed by Ford as you said, Webasto was struggling to achieve it while saying they’d be able to every chance they got. Also what I’ve heard is that at the time they started doing this, their headquarters were the first to shut down for Covid at the beginning, their tooling supply comes from wuhan and the manufacturing of the tooling assemblies came from Italy. All terrible blends of issues.
My son works for Teijin (was Continental Structural Plastics). They are in phase I of prototyping for a Bronco top.

What I don’t know is if it is for Ford or an aftermarket company, as his plant makes F150 Raptor parts and EVO Mustang hoods (along with Corvette body panels). They supposedly are picking up some Jeep work too.

Sponsored

EXO Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer ST, Audi S4, Raptor (Previously)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks cool, aside from the ghetto party-bus LED lighting inside... LOL

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That's very nice, you first! It looks like the front 2 glass panels are still removable! And I'll bet that'll be a mess if I do another Flying Roof Club event! Looks like nice workmanship, though!

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yeah that true about the static hard top
Looks like there are still mechanisms to unlock the two front glass panels, the rest static.
Sponsored