Nichole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am so freaking pi#@ed right now. Not only for me but EVERYONE being pushed to July and August! I know reservations mean sh@t(first 45 min)....I know A LOT of us made compromises when ordering to "get it quicker"(MIC, tow package). And I realize this has been addressed here before. BUT HOLY HELL @Ford!!!!! WTH!!?? Dont get it confused....I am happy seeing people from all builds receive their trucks! But it also hits a a kinda way! P#$ed, happy for others, guilty( I havnt waited as long as others) & jealous all at the same time! How in the HELL did a company whose claim to fame is the assembly line f this up so bad!?? Sorry for the rant
Sponsored

Romano

Badlands
First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw/Honda/Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am so freaking pi#@ed right now. Not only for me but EVERYONE being pushed to July and August! I know reservations mean sh@t(first 45 min)....I know A LOT of us made compromises when ordering to "get it quicker"(MIC, tow package). And I realize this has been addressed here before. BUT HOLY HELL @Ford!!!!! WTH!!?? Dont get it confused....I am happy seeing people from all builds receive their trucks! But it also hits a a kinda way! P#$ed, happy for others, guilty( I havnt waited as long as others) & jealous all at the same time! How in the HELL did a company whose claim to fame is the assembly line f this up so bad!?? Sorry for the rant
You spoke for a great many of us.. and some of the silent majority..

CagyBasilisk

Black Diamond
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota 4Runner SR5
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

60 day push?
Those of us who are chip hold were given a resolution date of around 5/10 back in march or so. The system within Ford just added another 60+ days to the ETA. Mine is 7/29 now, produced 1/14

T Copp

Raptor
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Mercedes GLB
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Those of us who are chip hold were given a resolution date of around 5/10 back in march or so. The system within Ford just added another 60+ days to the ETA. Mine is 7/29 now, produced 1/14
Oh dang. That's ridiculous.

Sponsored

CagyBasilisk

Black Diamond
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota 4Runner SR5
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would imagine customers would be super pissed if your truck was delivered without any chips and nothing worked.
I imagine customers are pissed that Ford has not been open with this information and we have to fight to get it.

I imagine customers are pissed to see new models announced, launched, and delivered while their trucks sit in lots in Michigan.

I imagine customers are pissed when they see trucks with the exact same trim and features gets delivered when it was built in May and theirs has sat since January.

I get supply chain, I run a business myself, but if I filled customer orders based on convenience on a last in/first out basis I would rightfully be crucified.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Totally agree, Ford probably only ordered the chips a week before production which caused this whole mess, morons. Doubtful they even stumped up the extra 3% for having a tracking ID.

In all seriousness, Ford is hardly the only manufacturer affected by the realities of globally sourced JIT mass-manufacturing. Not to mention that parts ordering was likely done in late 2018/early 2019 for many of these parts.

Can't imagine the countless number of real-time decisions required to launch a new product with nearly 20,000 different parts coming in from all around the world. Turns out global JIT manufacturing has the same flaw it's always had except that it's actually happening right now. In 10 years if this is still a problem, then it's on Ford, but many, many, many billions of dollars are going to be spent between the OEM's and parts suppliers to resolve some of these issues and then we can see how it shakes out.

I know what I was doing in early 2019, and it wasn't preparing for a global pandemic and hoarding toilet paper in advance of the FOMO people.

d_bearhugs

Base
First Name
Dani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base Bronco 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yep, moved out to 7/26 now. Unfortunately last time I spoke up about my issues with Ford I got bashed, belittled, and called a whiney entitled baby.

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I get supply chain, I run a business myself, but if I filled customer orders based on convenience on a last in/first out basis I would rightfully be crucified.
How complex are your products? Are you sitting on north of $40 billion in parts inventory, spanning >20,000 parts per product and over 60 products worldwide with global staffing of over 200,000 people?

I make a product as well, we have about 6 suppliers with a staff of less than 5 and the realities of supply chain disruption have impacted us since February 2020 and continue to do so today. Decisions are made in real-time which might not end up being the best answer in all situations.

d_bearhugs

Base
First Name
Dani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base Bronco 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I imagine customers are pissed that Ford has not been open with this information and we have to fight to get it.

I imagine customers are pissed to see new models announced, launched, and delivered while their trucks sit in lots in Michigan.

I imagine customers are pissed when they see trucks with the exact same trim and features gets delivered when it was built in May and theirs has sat since January.

This is my exact issue. Literally work in manufacturing of vacuum chambers that make chips for semi conductor. If we built the way Ford did I could guarantee we wouldn't be in business still.

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Has no one read the news for the past 3 years?

I'd sayi feel for you/us, but really i don't, our lives are SO fantastic that we get to wait for something instead of getting shot at, dying of hunger, becoming extinct, etc. So you have longer to wait on a luxury BFD.
I've listened to people bitch the past 2 years about THE SAME THING, I'm over it. In the grand scheme of things you/we are not that important. Find happiness within yourselves, i wish that for all of you

Last edited:

CagyBasilisk

Black Diamond
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota 4Runner SR5
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How complex are your products? Are you sitting on north of $40 billion in parts inventory, spanning >20,000 parts per product and over 60 products worldwide with global staffing of over 200,000 people?

I make a product as well, we have about 6 suppliers with a staff of less than 5 and the realities of supply chain disruption have impacted us since February 2020 and continue to do so today. Decisions are made in real-time which might not end up being the best answer in all situations.
I am not the size of ford, no, I have around 35,000 items in stock, as well as a fleet of trucks.

I am also on the product development team for one of the largest manufacturers in my industry who is a multi billion dollar company. I get supply chain, I truly do. They are operating their holding lot on last in/first out because they grab the easiest vehicles to get to, per Ford's regional rep in my area.

I wasn't planning for the pandemic in 2019 either, but my entire buying, shipping, and fulfillment model changed to fit the new world, and it wasn't easy changing the direction of a 75 year old company, but adapt or die.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I am not the size of ford, no, I have around 35,000 items in stock, as well as a fleet of trucks.

I am also on the product development team for one of the largest manufacturers in my industry who is a multi billion dollar company. I get supply chain, I truly do. They are operating their holding lot on last in/first out because they grab the easiest vehicles to get to, per Ford's regional rep in my area.

I wasn't planning for the pandemic in 2019 either, but my entire buying, shipping, and fulfillment model changed to fit the new world, and it wasn't easy changing the direction of a 75 year old company, but adapt or die.
I'd be shocked if they actually had a system developed prior to it's need of tracking an entire MONTH of assembly-line production which gets sent outside of normal production parameters.

Speaking dispassionately, we're talking about 2% of vehicle produced (strong assumption that all 53,000 cars on Ice Mountain are Broncos). Their assembly line model is focused and scaled to build upwards of 3,000,000 cars a year (1,905,955 during 2021, 2.4 million in 2019), that there is an incredibly small number of vehicles which get pushed out to "get some random employees off the line and out into free thinking territory" and it goes sidways sounds just about exactly what it should sound like.

Nothing about assembly line production is grabbing some random employees and doing ad-hoc work via bouncing in/out of the parts room and randomly taking things off the shelf without internal controls over materials and quality of labor.

So much so that there's a song about it!

Sponsored