First Name
dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yugo
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
A friend is a chip broker for his company. He told me many companies are offering 3 to 5 times the cost to get chips. He said one long time account that orders 1.3 million worth og chips per year offered him 5 million for the same quantity. He said so many are offering so much money. He said unfortunately they can't produce enough and can't allocate and prioritize one client over another. He said they often are lacking raw materials to make chips.
Sponsored

Canyon Coolers

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
canyoncoolers.com
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco, Dodge 2500, Sprinter Van
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am so freaking pi#@ed right now. Not only for me but EVERYONE being pushed to July and August! I know reservations mean sh@t(first 45 min)....I know A LOT of us made compromises when ordering to "get it quicker"(MIC, tow package). And I realize this has been addressed here before. BUT HOLY HELL @Ford!!!!! WTH!!?? Dont get it confused....I am happy seeing people from all builds receive their trucks! But it also hits a a kinda way! P#$ed, happy for others, guilty( I havnt waited as long as others) & jealous all at the same time! How in the HELL did a company whose claim to fame is the assembly line f this up so bad!?? Sorry for the rant
If we steal washing machines can we get them quicker ? #russianengineering

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Those of us who are chip hold were given a resolution date of around 5/10 back in march or so. The system within Ford just added another 60+ days to the ETA. Mine is 7/29 now, produced 1/14
I’m your sane build date and got the March pushback due to chip hold, etc. I called our dealer this week and he was (shocker) unable to provide an ETA on the hold. Where are you seeing the 60+ day hold within Ford? My tracker dates disappeared long ago. Thanks for the info.

CagyBasilisk

Black Diamond
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota 4Runner SR5
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m your sane build date and got the March pushback due to chip hold, etc. I called our dealer this week and he was (shocker) unable to provide an ETA on the hold. Where are you seeing the 60+ day hold within Ford? My tracker dates disappeared long ago. Thanks for the info.
I called customer service, then confirmed through my dealer. I knew before he did

First Name
manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Those of us who are chip hold were given a resolution date of around 5/10 back in march or so. The system within Ford just added another 60+ days to the ETA. Mine is 7/29 now, produced 1/14
Mine was built with yours I'm on that chip delay prob also, ford keeps pushing it back. now july 26-aug 8

Sponsored

StephLuna0211

Black Diamond
First Name
Stephine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am so freaking pi#@ed right now. Not only for me but EVERYONE being pushed to July and August! I know reservations mean sh@t(first 45 min)....I know A LOT of us made compromises when ordering to "get it quicker"(MIC, tow package). And I realize this has been addressed here before. BUT HOLY HELL @Ford!!!!! WTH!!?? Dont get it confused....I am happy seeing people from all builds receive their trucks! But it also hits a a kinda way! P#$ed, happy for others, guilty( I havnt waited as long as others) & jealous all at the same time! How in the HELL did a company whose claim to fame is the assembly line f this up so bad!?? Sorry for the rant
I agree with you. To people saying there’s a shortage issue, read the news, I think I can understand most people and I think most people are frustrated, not because of the parts shortages issue, it’s the fact they are being built, running out of parts and sitting the cars at the plant, while getting those parts In and putting them on the newer cars being built rather than fulfilling orders that were started months ago. I have no problem being patient and waiting for my car. I do have a problem when my car is sitting at MAP, and I see the exact trims being built after mine get delivered. My frustration is the fact, I saw someone post they just ordered the same trim, with hard top and tow, in Dec 2021 AND already had it delivered and I ordered the same thing Jan 2021 and actually removed all restraints (hard top, 2.7L and tow) last summer and now on a chip hold until mid July. I’m lost at how the process is supposed to go. It’s certainly not first in first out.

StephLuna0211

Black Diamond
First Name
Stephine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I called customer service, then confirmed through my dealer. I knew before he did
my dealer now has eta updated and mine is another 60 days out. About mid to end of July. I haven’t been in dirt mountain as long as others, it’s been 2 months for me.

gfred53

Outer Banks
First Name
gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Man I still dont even have a build date. Ordered 11/1/21. Unfortunately I ordered it at the dealer my wife works for so I cannot raise hell with the lack of communication from them. I wish there was a number for Ford I can call to find out why others got their build dates before me
Agreed. I ordered mine through Karl Flammer Ford (Tampa Bay) last June. Not a word, no VIN, no Build date..... but yet Im seeing multiple posts about people getting their ordered Bronco in Weeks. Worse yet, people who have been waiting well over a year, I'm not sure what the deal is and Im unable to find anyone to tell me how the order system works. Maybe its as simple as a big wall with all the orders and a blindfolded dart thrower...... The Bronco is amazing, but is it worth getting treated like s**t.

Zam1979

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Trans Am
Your Bronco Model
Base
I haven’t received any email or update informing me of a further delay. I called Ford and they told me I had an expected delivery of 6/15-6/21

capterik

Base
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford flex, ram promaster
Your Bronco Model
Base
It’s not the supply chain issue, it’s the fact that when the chips become available they are not used in the vehicles already built, but build new vehicles and letting the others sit, that is the issue at hand
Totally agree, Ford probably only ordered the chips a week before production which caused this whole mess, morons. Doubtful they even stumped up the extra 3% for having a tracking ID.

In all seriousness, Ford is hardly the only manufacturer affected by the realities of globally sourced JIT mass-manufacturing. Not to mention that parts ordering was likely done in late 2018/early 2019 for many of these parts.

Can't imagine the countless number of real-time decisions required to launch a new product with nearly 20,000 different parts coming in from all around the world. Turns out global JIT manufacturing has the same flaw it's always had except that it's actually happening right now. In 10 years if this is still a problem, then it's on Ford, but many, many, many billions of dollars are going to be spent between the OEM's and parts suppliers to resolve some of these issues and then we can see how it shakes out.

I know what I was doing in early 2019, and it wasn't preparing for a global pandemic and hoarding toilet paper in advance of the FOMO people.
issue
Totally agree, Ford probably only ordered the chips a week before production which caused this whole mess, morons. Doubtful they even stumped up the extra 3% for having a tracking ID.

In all seriousness, Ford is hardly the only manufacturer affected by the realities of globally sourced JIT mass-manufacturing. Not to mention that parts ordering was likely done in late 2018/early 2019 for many of these parts.

Can't imagine the countless number of real-time decisions required to launch a new product with nearly 20,000 different parts coming in from all around the world. Turns out global JIT manufacturing has the same flaw it's always had except that it's actually happening right now. In 10 years if this is still a problem, then it's on Ford, but many, many, many billions of dollars are going to be spent between the OEM's and parts suppliers to resolve some of these issues and then we can see how it shakes out.

I know what I was doing in early 2019, and it wasn't preparing for a global pandemic and hoarding toilet paper in advance of the FOMO people.

Sponsored

JBBP

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Judy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Right there with you. Blend date 1/19. So angry!

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So... I just got off the phone, with Customer service...
I reserved on July 14, 2020 (2nd day)... After my dealer agreed and updated it to a Code 10, it was finally scheduled and went into Production, the week of March 21, 2022...

I got a Blend Date, of March 21, 2022... then NOTHING! I previously talked to Ford, a couple times, and they had no updates (other than Chip Hold).

TODAY was different, as they now have a scheduled Ship date, of August 4!!! I can't even speak right now!

Badlands, non-Sasquatch, MIC Top, Lux... nothing else AND THEY STILL CAN"T FIND A WAY TO BUILD IT.
WELL, THIS IS NEW... see my Post, above!!!

I just took a look at my Build Status, online, and it still says it is "in Production." So, I decided to call Customer Service, again (it's been 3-weeks since my last call), to see if I still have an August 4 CHIP date.

I am now informed that my build has chips, and it is in transport, to my CA dealer. It is expected to arrive on June 17!!! I asked CS to confirm this date for me twice, so I guess we'll see.

I don't know what happened... I don't know why it happened... I'm confused that the online tracker says that it is still in production... I guess we'll see if it shows up at Kerney Mesa Ford, in San Diego!

I'll let y'all know if it shows up.

OP
OP
Wvwaiting

Wvwaiting

Badlands
First Name
Nichole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

WELL, THIS IS NEW... see my Post, above!!!

I just took a look at my Build Status, online, and it still says it is "in Production." So, I decided to call Customer Service, again (it's been 3-weeks since my last call), to see if I still have an August 4 CHIP date.

I am now informed that my build has chips, and it is in transport, to my CA dealer. It is expected to arrive on June 17!!! I asked CS to confirm this date for me twice, so I guess we'll see.

I don't know what happened... I don't know why it happened... I'm confused that the online tracker says that it is still in production... I guess we'll see if it shows up at Kerney Mesa Ford, in San Diego!

I'll let y'all know if it shows up.
Seems to be a lot of movement in some of the build weeks!!!! GREAT news!!!!
Sponsored