Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just stopped by my very helpful dealer today and talked about my place in the MY2021 build line.
I learned something about the process at Ford, and I'm requesting validation @Granger Ford @Zach@Granger on this information.

First: I was close to missing out on the MY2021 being reservation 30 of 19 allocations at my dealer. However, after math and conversion numbers, I had an 80% chance to fall within the MY2021 build schedule. To my delight, I was number 16 on the conversion/reservation schedule. I WAS three builds inside the MY2021 and was happy to hear that.

Second: After finding out that I was 16 of 19 allocations, I was told that Ford revised the allocations DOWN by 25%, and now my dealer was only receiving 14 allocations!!!

WTH Ford?

I'm requesting validation of allocation adjustments from other Ford dealers. I'm not sure if some went up and mine went down, or ALL allocations went DOWN?

If there were "adjustments" both up and down based on the dealership, then Ford has some explaining to do as we looked for dealers based on the probability of getting a MY2021 per reservation timestamp. If all of them went down, then I assume it's Ford's response to the chip shortage and possible build limits... even though Ford said it was not cutting production on the Bronco. Clawing back 25% of allocations is definitely cutting production.

Third: looks like I'm still not getting a MY2021 because of reasons...
Sponsored

Last edited:

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have not heard this. We've received Bronco allocations and no other scheduling because they've placed such a high priority on it.

Doesn't mean it can't be true. But I haven't heard it.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just stopped by my very helpful dealer today and talked about my place in the MY2021 build line.
I learned something about the process at Ford, and I'm requesting validation @Granger Ford @Zach@Granger on this information.

First: I was close to missing out on the MY2021 being reservation 30 of 19 allocations at my dealer. However, after math and conversion numbers, I had an 80% chance to fall within the MY2021 build schedule. To my delight, I was number 16 on the conversion/reservation schedule. I WAS three builds inside the MY2021 and was happy to hear that.

Second: After finding out that I was 16 of 19 allocations, I was told that Ford revised the allocations DOWN by 20%, and now my dealer was only receiving 14 allocations!!!

WTH Ford?

I'm requesting validation of allocation adjustments from other Ford dealers. I'm not sure if some went up and mine went down, or ALL allocations went DOWN?

If there were "adjustments" both up and down based on the dealership, then Ford has some explaining to do as we looked for dealers based on the probability of getting a MY2021 per reservation timestamp. If all of them went down, then I assume it's Ford's response to the chip shortage and possible build limits... even though Ford said it was not cutting production on the Bronco. Clawing back 20% of allocations is definitely cutting production.

Third: looks like I'm still not getting a MY2021 because of reasons...
Do you mean their number went down from the estimate they were given initially, and the actual allocation number they got after 3/19?

OP
OP
Lab00Rat

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do you mean their number went down from the estimate they were given initially, and the actual allocation number they got after 3/19?
Correct. After the orders were all complete (at some point there in), the final allocation number was 14, not 19.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Correct. After the orders were all complete (at some point there in), the final allocation number was 14, not 19.
Well, that makes sense...the 19 was an estimate that would go up if they converted more orders proportionally to other dealers, or down if they converted less. Half of the allocation formula was th enumber of converted orders. My dealer went from 16 to 70+ because they brought in and converted a lot of orders...dealers that didn't convert as many as expected, got less actual allocations than the estimate. The dealer never "had 19"....they were given that as an estimate that would prove reliable if they converted orders at the same rate as the national average.

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Right. This is how it was always happening. The first number provided to dealers was the “allocation estimate” based on how many orders Ford expected them to convert.

After the March deadline, when all pre Sept 18 orders were supposed to be converted, *actual* allocation numbers were calculated.

If a dealership converted fewer orders than anticipated, that would be one reason why the actual number was lower than the estimate.

(This is why we were freaking out when people said their dealer was only going to convert the number of orders equal to their estimate.)

OP
OP
Lab00Rat

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, that makes sense...the 19 was an estimate that would go up if they converted more orders proportionally to other dealers, or down if they converted less. Half of the allocation formula was the number of converted orders. My dealer went from 16 to 70+ because they brought in and converted a lot of orders...dealers that didn't convert as many as expected, got less actual allocations than the estimate. The dealer never "had 19"....they were given that as an estimate that would prove reliable if they converted orders at the same rate as the national average.
I'm not even sure how to respond to this frustration. My dealer converted way more than what they were allocated, but still lost builds. Reservation timestamp means nothing, dealer volume was all that really mattered.

This rollout is absolutely messed up beyond comprehension.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It could simply mean that Ford can’t guarantee a certain percentage of production so possibly many dealers allocation went down even if they converted a higher percentage of orders...

TonyWonder

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Nissan Altima
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm not even sure how to respond to this frustration. My dealer converted way more than what they were allocated, but still lost builds. Reservation timestamp means nothing, dealer volume was all that really mattered.

This rollout is absolutely messed up beyond comprehension.
Honestly, this isn't new information either. They should have know their actual allocation number for a couple of months now. Not sure why you are just now getting this information. Also, the dealer should (theoretically) understand that the initial number was just an estimate. I don't think your dealer is a helpful as you believe.

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not even sure how to respond to this frustration. My dealer converted way more than what they were allocated.
Most (or all) dealers did....yours just converted at a lower rate than the national average, giving them less actual orders than expected and that is weighted in the formula...and thus less allocations than predicted.

Old Guy

Big Bend
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Validated. My dealer experienced same thing. I was lucky and have 2021 build even after allocation reduction.

OP
OP
Lab00Rat

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Then I'd suggest peeps contact their dealer to verify if they are still getting what they though and when they thought...

No words for the way I feel right now.

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Second: After finding out that I was 16 of 19 allocations, I was told that Ford revised the allocations DOWN by 25%, and now my dealer was only receiving 14 allocations!!!
I don't know if this will make you feel better or worse, but you will almost certainly still get a 2021 if you ordered a ragtop squatchless 2.3L big bend. If you ordered a Wildtrak then there was probably almost no chance of getting a 2021 even if your dealer had kept the 19 allocations. Only buildable vehicles (all parts available) can fill an allocation slot.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Then I'd suggest peeps contact their dealer to verify if they are still getting what they though and when they thought...

No words for the way I feel right now.
There have been thousands of posts on this, so I don’t think many people are shocked that an “estimate” was not exactly the final number. It’s not like the top 15 at your dealer are the ones getting those allocations anyway, not even close.......read more around here and you’ll be in for some more surprises....
Sponsored