H
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota prius
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
HELLO ALL,

it is great to come across this website and forum. I recently have fell inlove with the new bronco and am curious to know more.

I have been interested in the BLACK DIAMOND or BADLANDS edition. Currently live in California but do alot of camping/traveling on the road.

some of the things I am curious or questioning-

1- do I go with a 2 door or 4 door? what are your thoughts?
2- do hard tops come off on 2 doors and 4 doors? should one go with soft top or hard top and why?
3- what one would chose and why : black diamond or badlands?
4- should one buy it out of state I.e. Oregon and drive it down to california for lower sales tax purposes?

thank you all.
Sponsored

PELS82

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
1 -- depends on your needs (cargo/passengers, etc). Both look amazing. I think the 2 door has the great classic look, but if you're going to be taking the doors/roof off I think the 4 door looks a lot better. There's about a 15 inch difference in size.

2-- hardtops come on all 2 doors and the 4 door Wildtrak. Available as an accessory on others. Roof and doors are removable on all.

3-- depends on budget. They're in the same zone though as far as what they do. Badlands gets you upgraded suspension/tires, etc.

4-- can't help you there.

OP
OP

hsaid

First Name
H
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota prius
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
1 -- depends on your needs (cargo/passengers, etc). Both look amazing. I think the 2 door has the great classic look, but if you're going to be taking the doors/roof off I think the 4 door looks a lot better. There's about a 15 inch difference in size.

2-- hardtops come on all 2 doors and the 4 door Wildtrak. Available as an accessory on others. Roof and doors are removable on all.

3-- depends on budget. They're in the same zone though as far as what they do. Badlands gets you upgraded suspension/tires, etc.

4-- can't help you there.
thank you so much for the prompt response. may I ask what appeals to you personally for the WILDTRAK?

PELS82

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
thank you so much for the prompt response. may I ask what appeals to you personally for the WILDTRAK?
they're all very capable of handling all different kinds of off-roading, but I'm admittedly a lot more sand than trails. For me, the WIldtrak has every upgrade that I would want already built in (2.7 engine, hardtop, Sasquatch, etc).

Sponsored
OP
OP

hsaid

First Name
H
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota prius
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
they're all very capable of handling all different kinds of off-roading, but I'm admittedly a lot more sand than trails. For me, the WIldtrak has every upgrade that I would want already built in.
got it. and do you feel a hard top is more of a pain to deal with vs a soft top?

PELS82

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
got it. and do you feel a hard top is more of a pain to deal with vs a soft top?
I've never been a soft top fan. It's all preference. Neither are too bad to handle.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You've got a lot of catching up to do!

Use that search function. There are threads on all your questions with a ton of good information and opinions.

We would need more info to know your needs for trims and doors.

Sough

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Impreza
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
1- I'm going with 2 door because I like the looks
2- Hard top comes off. I'm going with it. Also because I like the looks.
3- I'd go with Badlands and upgrade to leather seats. Mainly because I don't want Vinyl. But I'm going Big Bend or Base Model.
4- I'm buying out of state. I'm buying in West Virginia since I'm technically not a Pennsylvania resident yet. Not sure how taxes work on it though.

OP
OP

hsaid

First Name
H
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota prius
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You've got a lot of catching up to do!

Use that search function. There are threads on all your questions with a ton of good information and opinions.

We would need more info to know your needs for trims and doors.
there is a lot to sip through and I am but its hard to know where to start.
also the msrp and costs are variant in different places on the web one reads.

I am trying to figure out what trim/doors I need by gaging in conversation

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Welcome. Only you can answer questions 1-3. The good thing is, you have until December to figure out what you want! If you are curious about the hard tops and the size of the vehicle go test drive a few Wranglers to get an idea of wind noise a dimensions. But don't judge the Bronco by the Wrangler, I expect the Bronco ride to be more refined. Also, read the descriptions of each model on Ford's website as each one was built with a specific purpose. Base = to be stripped and customized, BB = entry level off roader, BD = entry level cralwer/off roader, OBX = geared toward more luxury, BL = hard core crawler, WT = Baja/sand runner.

And, no matter where you buy you will only pay tax in your home state. Check out the Reservation section of the forum, there is a master list of dealers and their commitments to pricing. And if you are up for a road trip there is always Granger Ford in Iowa.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

2 vs 4 door: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/2-door-or-4-door.1681/page-3

Black Diamond vs Badlands: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/black-diamond-vs-badlands.2561/page-3#post-105638

Also search for the Badlands and Black Diamond threads. Lots of discussion on the merits of each.

There are a ton of threads on buying out of state. Especially from Granger Ford in Iowa. Worth searching. Check the "Reservations" section of the forum. Lots of purchase information for dealers across North America..

I'm still torn between Badlands and Black Diamond myself. Leaning towards BD now even though I have reserved a Badlands. The Badlands is a pretty serious rig. I won't be rock crawling, just running trails, so the Badlands is probably a bit much...
But dang if it ain't cool.

ontheborder

Wildtrak
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Audi A4, 2010 Veracruz, 2014 T. Scrambler
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
1- I'm going with 2 door because I like the looks
2- Hard top comes off. I'm going with it. Also because I like the looks.
3- I'd go with Badlands and upgrade to leather seats. Mainly because I don't want Vinyl. But I'm going Big Bend or Base Model.
4- I'm buying out of state. I'm buying in West Virginia since I'm technically not a Pennsylvania resident yet. Not sure how taxes work on it though.
I live in PA as well but on the Maryland border. You'll have to pay PA taxes when you register the vehicle in Pa so you def do not want to pay WV taxes. In my area if you buy car in MD and finance they'll finance the whole cost and cut you a check back for the PA tax which you'll pay yourself. You'd then have to get the car PA inspected as well if purchased out of state. The final detail is -- don't know if WV is a 2 license plate state like MD -- is to make sure they don't drill the front bumper holes/affix the front plate mounting block for PA. Don't need them.

Sough

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Impreza
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I live in PA as well but on the Maryland border. You'll have to pay PA taxes when you register the vehicle in Pa so you def do not want to pay WV taxes. In my area if you buy car in MD and finance they'll finance the whole cost and cut you a check back for the PA tax which you'll pay yourself. You'd then have to get the car PA inspected as well if purchased out of state. The final detail is -- don't know if WV is a 2 license plate state like MD -- is to make sure they don't drill the front bumper holes/affix the front plate mounting block for PA. Don't need them.
I'm going to register it in WV. I only have an apartment in PA. Until I get my own home, I'm not switching addresses to PA. WV isn't a 2 plate state but when I order from my dealer I'm making sure they note not to drill into the bumper. If it's drilled into when I got to pick it up, I am not buying it until it's replaced.

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hey Welcome!
At some point you will think about color and color combinations. That can be a fun part of your journey. It is OK to experience indecision. This week I like the colors in the pic below.

Ford Bronco new and excited to go BRONCO Bronco Badlands Blue
Sponsored

Last edited: