Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

4- should one buy it out of state I.e. Oregon and drive it down to california for lower sales tax purposes?
Taxes are paid in the state where the vehicle is registered to prevent exactly this situation.
Sponsored

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
they're all very capable of handling all different kinds of off-roading, but I'm admittedly a lot more sand than trails. For me, the WIldtrak has every upgrade that I would want already built in (2.7 engine, hardtop, Sasquatch, etc).
It has all the upgrades except you have to deal with cloth interior and carpet. Seats can be upgraded to leather though. Not sure I want 35”s either. I like the Badlands.

2001 escape

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Escape XLT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
HELLO ALL,

it is great to come across this website and forum. I recently have fell inlove with the new bronco and am curious to know more.

I have been interested in the BLACK DIAMOND or BADLANDS edition. Currently live in California but do alot of camping/traveling on the road.

some of the things I am curious or questioning-

1- do I go with a 2 door or 4 door? what are your thoughts?
2- do hard tops come off on 2 doors and 4 doors? should one go with soft top or hard top and why?
3- what one would chose and why : black diamond or badlands?
4- should one buy it out of state I.e. Oregon and drive it down to california for lower sales tax purposes?

thank you all.
Living in California and suddenly worried about taxes? Lol
Prius to a Bronco is a big leap! You will have fun.

There are thousands of threads on your questions, but we can’t answer some of your personal taste questions...

Start reading :)

elfshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Liberty
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It is OK to experience indecision. This week I like the colors in the pic below...
Ha! Yeah - my thoughts on color change on a near-weekly basis as well!

OP
OP

hsaid

First Name
H
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota prius
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Living in California and suddenly worried about taxes? Lol
Prius to a Bronco is a big leap! You will have fun.

There are thousands of threads on your questions, but we can’t answer some of your personal taste questions...

Start reading :)
this is to gage each persons taste and direction.
yes taxes in california re high.
not all threads are the same :) engaging in new conversation about evolving topic is always good :)

Sponsored

Ajusaf

Black Diamond
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm still torn between Badlands and Black Diamond myself. Leaning towards BD now even though I have reserved a Badlands. The Badlands is a pretty serious rig. I won't be rock crawling, just running trails, so the Badlands is probably a bit much...
But dang if it ain't cool.
BD for sure. It carries almost the same as OB minus a couple of things but for trails and camping etc... BD is more than sufficient and you can save 6k and use it towards the auto tranny, mid package and 2.7 which I'm going to do as well. I would like to have the high package but I can't justify $$

Ajusaf

Black Diamond
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hey Welcome!
At some point you will think about color and color combinations. That can be a fun part of your journey. It is OK to experience indecision. This week I like the colors in the pic below.

Bronco Badlands Blue.jpg
AM is a good colour and it's my #1 choice. I would take the gray top over white for sure, but I might do a body matching colour or go with shadow black to match the black rims, door handles and fenders. Decisions decisions, I can also go for the gray if it ends up saving a good amount of $$$. And I can alway rhino it etc..

Ford Bronco new and excited to go BRONCO IMG_2425.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited: