Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So this video of A51 Sport has me even more optimistic. The color definitely changes depending on lighting but man...the portion of the video that shows the rear exterior looks FANTASTIC.

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So this video of A51 Sport has me even more optimistic. The color definitely changes depending on lighting but man...the portion of the video that shows the rear exterior looks FANTASTIC.

First time I have seen that video.
Between the assembly line (under the bright LED lights) pic and this video, I have added Area 51 to my color list. It was never even on my radar before, but now it has supplanted AMB(lack).

mikeheel

Wildtrak
First Name
MIke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lovelikehateblog.wordpress.com
Vehicle(s)
Azure Gray Wildtrak, BWM K1600B, Ford Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm really like A51. It reminds me a bit of the "cool gray khaki" color Subaru did on the Crosstrek. I love that cgk color. A51 is similar, but a tad darker and flatter, from what I can see so far.

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I agree. If I can get the wife off the Race Red, I will go with the Area 51. But, our deal is that I can get a new Bronco if she can pick the color. It could be "Bird Poop Green" as long as I get my Bronco.o_O:)

RWBigBend21

Big Bend
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline RTL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
When the reveal happened and we got our first glimpse of the design...I fell in love with Area 51. In the months since...pics of the A51 Sport and other A51 pics left me underwhelmed and Cactus Grey took the lead.

But then this picture dropped and I haVe to admit...A51 looks incredible here. I can't wait to see high res full pics of A51 now. MORE PLEASE!!!

7C9D25B9-88C4-4315-88AD-CF4031D82764.jpeg
When the reveal happened and we got our first glimpse of the design...I fell in love with Area 51. In the months since...pics of the A51 Sport and other A51 pics left me underwhelmed and Cactus Grey took the lead.

But then this picture dropped and I haVe to admit...A51 looks incredible here. I can't wait to see high res full pics of A51 now. MORE PLEASE!!!

7C9D25B9-88C4-4315-88AD-CF4031D82764.jpeg
Your Post is spot on. I've been struggling with Area 51 vs Cactus Grey. As a photographer I study light and color obviously. Consider the Cactus Grey like the military grey in tactical USAF and USN warplanes. The Area 51 can be misconstrued not only in direct, but ambient light as well as shadow or artificial indoor light. Consider the contrast of the remaining colors against your Bronco build. For instance the Antimatter blue is outstanding but the front end won't pop like it does against the Cactus Grey or Area 51. I believe Area 51 is the best for me. I'd like to know what everyone else thinks if these colors are a consideration for you.

Sponsored

Rkeally

Badlands
First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape, Honda CRV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

still would like to see A51 in person, for some reason I'm not 100% there but damn close

Rkeally

Badlands
First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape, Honda CRV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Your Post is spot on. I've been struggling with Area 51 vs Cactus Grey. As a photographer I study light and color obviously. Consider the Cactus Grey like the military grey in tactical USAF and USN warplanes. The Area 51 can be misconstrued not only in direct, but ambient light as well as shadow or artificial indoor light. Consider the contrast of the remaining colors against your Bronco build. For instance the Antimatter blue is outstanding but the front end won't pop like it does against the Cactus Grey or Area 51. I believe Area 51 is the best for me. I'd like to know what everyone else thinks if these colors are a consideration for you.
I'm definitely cruising within the blue spectrum with the occasional departure to Carb Gray/Black. A51 would be a bit of a departure for me in playing it safe which is why I might just do it. Def want to see it in person to seal the deal though.
Sponsored