E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15'Stang, 07'F150, 23',96',93',79'Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe someone else can agree with this picture representing what area 51 looks like to the naked eye.

1551487C-7EE7-40BC-A448-CE18BB305FE6.jpeg
My wife grabbed these and to me it looked pretty close to the real deal. It looked darker to me but when we were there it was overcast and in that building, but it still is a knock out color IMO
Ford Bronco New Area 51 pic has me shook 2021 Bronco 4 Dr Badlands (47).JPG
Ford Bronco New Area 51 pic has me shook 30471
Sponsored

Marine2146

Badlands
First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My wife grabbed these and to me it looked pretty close to the real deal. It looked darker to me but when we were there it was overcast and in that building, but it still is a knock out color IMO
It looks slightly different in almost every photo. It was much darker than I thought it would be too. IMO Area 51 looked great with the carbonized gray top and grill along with the gray interior. I was skeptical of both the gray top and the area 51 color before I went
but I don’t think anyone who orders that combo will be disappointed. I was hoping to be able to get the badlands with the color matched hard top but I was disappointed to hear that apart from the soft top the only option was carbonize gray or a shadow Black top.

Monster79

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15'Stang, 07'F150, 23',96',93',79'Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It looks slightly different in almost every photo. It was much darker than I thought it would be too. IMO Area 51 looked great with the carbonized gray top and grill along with the gray interior. I was skeptical of both the gray top and the area 51 color before I went
but I don’t think anyone who orders that combo will be disappointed. I was hoping to be able to get the badlands with the color matched hard top but I was disappointed to hear that apart from the soft top the only option was carbonize gray or a shadow Black top.
Exactly it is a beautiful color and I don't think anyone will be let down. The Wife and I are torn between the shadow black top and the MIC one. After showing her the colorizer that shows the 4 Doors with the shadow black top she leaned more toward it. Either will probably look great.

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
It is hard to pick a color with the way they look different in each photo.
But if I had them all lined up in person it would still be a hard choice. Lol

There are some really good color options.

Sponsored

Marine2146

Badlands
First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Exactly it is a beautiful color and I don't think anyone will be let down. The Wife and I are torn between the shadow black top and the MIC one. After showing her the colorizer that shows the 4 Doors with the shadow black top she leaned more toward it. Either will probably look great.
I wish they would give people the option of painted black or matte black Grill along with the gray one with the badlands. For me if it has a gray grill I’ll opt for the mic top.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, I felt the same. Not trying to beat the proverbial dead horse and repeat myself over several threads but:
A51 was not even in contention for my color of choice. I had no interest based on pics. And one of a Sport a while back totally turned me off to it.
I was thinking "Man, these people that get A51 are going to be very unhappy once they see their rig for the first time."
We went to TN to see them in person and vowed to make our color decision once we were able to see the cans in person. Fully expected to walk away knowing I would end up with an AMB or VB.
No joke, the second we walked up on the overland sitting there all of us looked at each other and nodded. It was THE color. Hands down, no waffling around any longer.
In person it amazes you at how a simple earth-tone type blue with no flake or pearl can look so good on a vehicle.
I'm not a big fan of the whole muted "Clear coated primer" look of a lot of colors out there these days.
I'm a pearl fan.
I love some tasteful flake that catches the sun just right.
Ghost flames? heck yeah.
And now I am 100% convinced and happy to get a solid color. Kinda weird.
But it does have that much of an effect on you in person. Cameras just can't capture it correctly.

ATLBronco75

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I feel like I'm spamming an affiliate link at this point but this video that I took in TN captures A51 the best. You can see it change before your eyes as the light and angle change. It explains all the different photos we've see and looks 99% the way it did in person. I swear this video isn't monetized, it's just the best representation of the color we have.

Marine2146

Badlands
First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I feel like I'm spamming an affiliate link at this point but this video that I took in TN captures A51 the best. You can see it change before your eyes as the light and angle change. It explains all the different photos we've see and looks 99% the way it did in person. I swear this video isn't monetized, it's just the best representation of the color we have.

I didn’t get to see it in direct sun, did it get darker or lighter in sun?

Broncomputer

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

It went from Gray to Blue to Teal all in that short video.

It's back to #1 on my list.

Sponsored

ATLBronco75

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I didn’t get to see it in direct sun, did it get darker or lighter in sun?
Neither. It just gets bluer in bright sun but angle plays as much a part in how blue it looks. Notice how blue it is when it is dead in front of me.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wish they would give people the option of painted black or matte black Grill along with the gray one with the badlands. For me if it has a gray grill I’ll opt for the mic top.
I wish that too but don’t think they will.

I hopeful we can order a diff style grill as DIO at launch. Supposedly the grill is really easy to change.

If so I’ll order the shadow black top and swap out for carbonized grey grill

twobigstacksoflowsociety

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
shitmobile
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
lol @ ford. the first 2 picks of this color looks better than any previous pics. they've somehow managed to take the 1980's prince wardrobe/album color out of it

TigerBronco

First Edition
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150 F/X 4, 2019 Honda Odyssey, 2001 Nissan Pathfinder, 1992 BMY M923A2 M
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I’m one of those who was blown away by Area 51 in person! I got to see it on Thursday in pretty bright sunlight. Looked fantastic and even the MIC gray top looked great.

C5157D29-9975-433F-8E3E-5BFBE919A899.jpeg

EFF4E5F4-DE4F-4538-ACB0-9A41DA99F9C4.jpeg

88A15C35-B045-4891-B1C2-8332AB947EAE.jpeg

D0D93156-0D90-4664-9B9C-2E2436A5A210.jpeg

KADNC

Outer Banks
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler JKU Anvil, 2012 911
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Here is my anvil hood it looks similar to Area 51 in the Picture (Hood is indoors). I can also agree with ATLBronco75 that it is a bit bluer but still very close to anvil. I’m assuming you know how many shades anvil can be in different lighting, I get the same feel about Area 51. You would like Area 51 if you like anvil, but if your considering cactus gray to not “match” it ended up being much more gray in person. I was set on cactus gray but left the show set on ordering Area 51

Ford Bronco New Area 51 pic has me shook D0D93156-0D90-4664-9B9C-2E2436A5A210

Very similar to my color journey :)
I was immediately drawn CG, but subsequent photos and viewings indicated that it didn't have the tone I wanted...more of a retro greenish gray.
Sponsored

Reactions: RLW