MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Henry is turning over in his grave. There was a time when Ford created everything for a car except the rubber for the tires. They even tried that but it didn’t work out. They who live buy the outsource, die by the outsource.

DieselSmack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Audi Q5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is what happens when you out-source to China
Webasto is German. Some of the tooling came from China. The tops were produced in the US. I think the Bronco will end up one of the highest "US" content vehicles produced this year (Ranger was #1 last year I believe). No vehicle is produced without outsourcing, regardless of manufacturer or market it is sold as far as I know.

MileHighCitizen

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
BuY aMeRiCan!

Toyota makes the most cars in America, while using the most parts sources from the US as well.

This is supposed to be my first "American" made car. My Subaru was made in Indiana, but my Ford will be mostly Mexican and Chinese...awesome.

palley6

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

honestly I'm not really surprised. They knew over 18 months ago that they didnt have what was necessary to meet their standards and continued anyways, now we are where we are. SURELY this had to have been known as an inevitable crisis but they continued anyways.

r21free

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I dont see any problem .The top is made in china. And as always breaks 5 minutes after you get it..

Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

BuY aMeRiCan!

Toyota makes the most cars in America, while using the most parts sources from the US as well.

This is supposed to be my first "American" made car. My Subaru was made in Indiana, but my Ford will be mostly Mexican and Chinese...awesome.
Yeah I have a new 21 Scuby from Indiana, but my dad just put in an order and his is going to be made outside the US as the Forester is overseas production.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, there's no shortage of blame going around. But the redesign speaks volumes about the decisions that Ford made to the top that essentially caused the issues.

Hopeless Diamond

Badlands
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350/2dr Rubicon/'96 4R/'75 Intl D150/'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wonder if the new tooling was also made in Wuhan, or if Webasto found another source? Face it, there's a lot of things like this that are no longer available from any other place than China. We all drive for the cheapest items and then bitch when everything comes from China, but that's where manufacturing and tooling has been moving for years, to save a buck.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
One thing Ford is definitely making in the USA,…” excuses“. The excuse should read, “ we couldn’t get the CHEAP tooling”.
Sponsored