Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Basesquatch & 2020 Escalade
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hurst T Handle in M16-1.5 thread size + Bronco 6G Adapter should get you up and running.
Got it installed…finally. FedEx took my Redline boot around the world a couple times.
the install wasn’t bad. That reusable white cup was scary. Didn’t know that pushing it was going to actually push the shaft out. Instructions could be better on that.
all is good on it…throw, feel, height, and looks Something about a Hurst handle makes it right. In the day there were plenty of Broncos losing the 3 on the tree and getting a Hurst.
Ford Bronco NEW: B&M Precision Manual Sportshifter IMG_7193
Sponsored

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Got it installed…finally. FedEx took my Redline boot around the world a couple times.
the install wasn’t bad. That reusable white cup was scary. Didn’t know that pushing it was going to actually push the shaft out. Instructions could be better on that.
all is good on it…throw, feel, height, and looks Something about a Hurst handle makes it right. In the day there were plenty of Broncos losing the 3 on the tree and getting a Hurst.
Ford Bronco NEW: B&M Precision Manual Sportshifter IMG_7193
Nice, but I live in Minnesota, and I had one of those Hurst handles on a vehicle (with a brake lockout button) and it can get pretty cold. I prefer plastic shifter knobs these days.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m about to get shoulder surgery on Wednesday and am beginning to wonder if this will be better positioning for me.

WeirdGuy

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
I recently purchased this shifter. I'll post pics and impressions of use after install.

WeirdGuy

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
I installed the shifter and new knob I ordered over the weekend. Pics to come this afternoon. Here are a few of my first impressions.

• Don't judge this shifter unless you've installed one, and are using it. Plain and simple. The height is PERFECT. The throws are very nice and notchy as well.
  • It looks a lot better installed than the pics depict, IMO.
  • The shaft actually doesn't look all that bad in person with the glossy black finish, however, if you're wanting something that looks more OEM, brushing it with some 3M Red scuff pads makes it have that look. This is what I did after seeing spuddy59's post.
  • If you have issues with larger drinks/bottles getting in the way when you're shifting, this shifter remedies that issue hands-down.
  • The height really makes for a more comfortable shifting position.
  • I don't know if anyone else had this issue, but after installing the shaft cover over the shaft rod, when I would shift, the metal shaft cover would "clank" against the shaft rod itself. At first it didn't bother me much, as it kind of reminded me of the same sound a gated shifter in an older Lamborghini or Ferrari makes. However, after a bit of driving, I realized I wanted to quiet it down. I slipped 4 pieces of long slim foam down into the shaft itself, and this did the trick. It no longer makes the sound, and the shaft doesn't move around at all like it did before (the moving of the shaft is what was causing it to hit the shaft rod to begin with).
  • Install wasn't difficult, but that white ball joint cup was a PAIN to remove, and honestly took the most time.

I did not even try to install the glossy black B&M shift knob that it came with, as I had already brushed the shaft, and it now didn't match. I would have brushed the knob, but the shaft is metal, and the knob is plastic, so that wouldn't work well or look right. I installed the stock knob back on since the new one I had ordered hadn't been delivered yet. The stock shift knob looks VERY at home on it. It looks like it came from the factory this way when the OEM knob is on the B&M shifter.

I looked around a bit before I chose to go with the same shift knob that spuddy59 put on his. I wasn't intending to do the same thing he did, but sometimes when you see someone do a mod that just looks right, well, you gotta do it, too. I installed the Twisted ShifterZ knob last night, and between the color and finish on that knob with the now brushed finish and dull black color of the B&M shaft, it looks fantastic, and looks VERY OEM. I was also able to snag the Twisted ShifterZ knob while it was on sale (could still be).

Definitely feel it was worth the time and money on this mod. Would highly recommend.

Side note: One issue I ran into while disassembling the center console to remove the shifter housing; someone at Ford, while putting the 'L' bracket on that bolts to the shifter housing, they stripped the screw that goes into the bolt. They stripped in such a way that the bolt just spun around in one place about 8mm from the top of the screw. Had to tack weld the bolt onto the screw in order to get it out. I wasn't surprised at this issue, as I've read a lot of posts about quality issues once people started digging into their Broncos, and not to mention, all of the issues I've personally had with mine so far from the factory.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bigfx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wanna do this but that install looks like a pita lol. May give it shot though

shoptb2277

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 2d 7M
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wanna do this but that install looks like a pita lol. May give it shot though
Same thought here, but I'm definitely craving a firmer shift feel, especially coming from "sportier" manual transmission cars. This will probably be a nice winter project.

McLovin80

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 M240i, 95 Prelude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This install is similar to the short shifter install from my WRX STi. The hardest part was getting the pin back into the reverse cable.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The install and cost was making this less of a priority…but, feedback has been so positive and I scored a NIB unit for $250. So, winter project it is.
Sponsored