First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost50 Year Appearance Package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think I would like Bronco Scout better the focus groups must have liked Bronco Adventurer more.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I dislike the idea of using the Bronco name on this vehicle at all. It's weird to have two fundamentally different vehicles use the same name.

Just like the Transit and Transit Connect. It's annoying. Other than being vans, they have nothing in common. It seems lazy to me.

The veracity of the story seems dubious to me if Ford hasn't filed for the name. I would expect anything reaching even a middle level consideration to be secured as a prerequisite. If nothing else, this article will inspire squatters/trolls.

OP
OP
Bronco II

Bronco II

Black Diamond
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I dislike the idea of using the Bronco name on this vehicle at all. It's weird to have two fundamentally different vehicles use the same name.

Just like the Transit and Transit Connect. It's annoying. Other than being vans, they have nothing in common. It seems lazy to me.

The veracity of the story seems dubious to me if Ford hasn't filed for the name. I would expect anything reaching even a middle level consideration to be secured as a prerequisite. If nothing else, this article will inspire squatters/trolls.

It's all about sales the same reason when Ford refreshed the Five Hundred and changed the name to Taurus. Tying the Bronco name to the new same suv is to create sales.

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's all about sales the same reason when Ford refreshed the Five Hundred and changed the name to Taurus. Tying the Bronco name to the new same suv is to create sales.
Agreed, not only does it bring in sales through familiarization, it also helps the sales reporting. Like F-series for example. We'll see how they market these and if that's something they are going for.

As for the name, I can see why it would bug people. Obviously they wont have the same capability but there may be an element of shared DNA that's deeper than just Ford, like Jeep has a whole lineup with shared FCA DNA but they still have there own jeep style and "brand" despite having more in common with other platforms under FCA. It works really well for marketing and so long as the execution is good I don't think it hurts the flagship product.

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ahhhh, that's just to long IMHO. I don't see a think wrong with the name "Scout". But, I'm old, and know they don't care what I think anymore. That's just the way it goes. :)

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's all about sales . . .
That's part of why I think it's a bad idea. Putting the Bronco name on this little crossover will discredit the name as a capable off roader.

It's not the Wrangler-Renegade, or Wrangler-Compass. Similarly the Trailhawk trim/name is not used on the Wrangler either. Those models get their credibility through the Jeep name they share with the Wrangler.

There is no benefit to the Bronco name in applying it to lesser vehicles. Use the Ford name and FX4 or Tremor to prop them up.

OP
OP
Bronco II

Bronco II

Black Diamond
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That's part of why I think it's a bad idea. Putting the Bronco name on this little crossover will discredit the name as a capable off roader.

It's not the Wrangler-Renegade, or Wrangler-Compass. Similarly the Trailhawk trim/name is not used on the Wrangler either. Those models get their credibility through the Jeep name they share with the Wrangler.

There is no benefit to the Bronco name in applying it to lesser vehicles. Use the Ford name and FX4 or Tremor to prop them up.
I agree but I think it's more like applying the Jeep name Jeep Wrangler, Jeep Compass, Jeep Renegade. If Ford's eventual plan is to make Bronco it's own division and to go toe to toe with Jeep then it makes sense.

Guidr3

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F 150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Bronco TRUE GRIT. SHOW YOUR HAND YOU. S.O .B.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.