Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Got my Bronco delivered 2 days ago.
Been driving around and checking out the car all around. I noticed a few things...

1. My AC fan blows a lot of air when I drive on highway even though the fan setting is at 1. Is this normal?

2. Found two bolts and retainers inside of this thing. Idk if this is forgotten bolts or just extra forgotten bolts.... Kinda concerning.
Ford Bronco New Bronco, a few concerns. 1664548753345

3. So I looked around, I found the exhaust hanger bracket uses these two bolts. I'm gonna assume it is extra forgotten bolts that I found eariler...
However, then I noticed two holes on the weld. Are those intentional for getting water out of there or am I having a leaking exhaust?

Ford Bronco New Bronco, a few concerns. 1664548728250
Sponsored

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

1. Is the ac on fresh air or recirc? Fresh air will definitely do that. Check those first. Mine seems to be normal.
2 & 3. You did a better job than most of us lmao. Im gonna say those are extra parts and the yes the hole is deliberate.

OP
OP
HCGxKaLiBeR

HCGxKaLiBeR

Wildtrak
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
1. Is the ac on fresh air or recirc? Fresh air will definitely do that. Check those first. Mine seems to be normal.
2 & 3. You did a better job than most of us lmao. Im gonna say those are extra parts and the yes the hole is deliberate.
AC was on fresh air. I think you are right.
Lots of fresh air gets push through the grill as this is a tall brick on wheels.

lol, I noticed shiny bits through the holes, when I first found it I was like WTH...
Thanks for confirming the exhaust concern. (y)

JeffROK

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
AC was on fresh air. I think you are right.
Lots of fresh air gets push through the grill as this is a tall brick on wheels.

lol, I noticed shiny bits through the holes, when I first found it I was like WTH...
Thanks for confirming the exhaust concern. (y)
I've noticed my AC will go from really light to seemingly max all on it's own, and vice versa. I usually keep my on the recycled air function.

Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've noticed my AC will go from really light to seemingly max all on it's own, and vice versa. I usually keep my on the recycled air function.
I've noticed this happen twice now in the past week (Only have had this Bronco 2 weeks). Was on recirc as well. Both times I think I was on the highway, first time for sure on the highway. Driving perfectly comfortable and suddenly air flow seemed to jump up though I didn't hear a fan speed change (but might not have with highway noise) and the fan speed indication on the knob still showed low. I thought maybe it changed the output port setting from all to the one that directly blew on me the most but I don't think that changed. I seem to recall turning it up and then back down and it seemed to go back to normal.

I won't if ram air effect on the highway was pushing the fresh/recirc door to fresh suddenly and turning up the fan caused enough force to push it back to recirc?

I never noticed it with my other bronco where I drove much more highway miles.. That one I only drove a few weeks (keep it in a different state), but still 10x the miles on this one I experience this.

Sponsored

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Good response. I believe that hole is a drain hole for moisture. My Ranger also has a deliberate hole in the exhaust and it does drip/allow moisture out of the system.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

HVAC has a program built into it to cycle the recirc off after a certain amount of time and bring in fresh air. I have a feeling this was included on Ford vehicles after the Explorer exhaust intrusion issues a few years ago. The idea is clean air is healthier air, purges out any any exhaust gas that may've found it's way in and possibly help reduce the concentration of germs or other nasties in the air. Long story short, it's built into the system and normal.

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Mine actually does that sometimes when Im on the road or driving continuously for a while. I had forgotten.

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

HVAC has a program built into it to cycle the recirc off after a certain amount of time and bring in fresh air. I have a feeling this was included on Ford vehicles after the Explorer exhaust intrusion issues a few years ago. The idea is clean air is healthier air, purges out any any exhaust gas that may've found it's way in and possibly help reduce the concentration of germs or other nasties in the air. Long story short, it's built into the system and normal.
That makes sense. Mine has done the same thing and thats exactly what it felt like. I turned the recirc off then back on and it went back to normal operation.

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was taught to use recirculating with AC and fresh otherwise. It's easier for the system to keep the recirculating air cold than if you keep adding hot air into the system. My Mazda3 will automatically switch on both the AC and recirculating buttons when I rotate the temperature knob (manual, not auto climate temp) all the way down on cold.

So I can see when on fresh air at hwy speed the airflow increasing; same would happen if no fan was on.

Sponsored

Brockdog12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer ST-Line
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My HVAC fluctuates also and I found a couple of extra screws inside my Bronco when I picked it up.

iwantabasebronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gmc
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've noticed this happen twice now in the past week (Only have had this Bronco 2 weeks). Was on recirc as well. Both times I think I was on the highway, first time for sure on the highway. Driving perfectly comfortable and suddenly air flow seemed to jump up though I didn't hear a fan speed change (but might not have with highway noise) and the fan speed indication on the knob still showed low. I thought maybe it changed the output port setting from all to the one that directly blew on me the most but I don't think that changed. I seem to recall turning it up and then back down and it seemed to go back to normal.

I won't if ram air effect on the highway was pushing the fresh/recirc door to fresh suddenly and turning up the fan caused enough force to push it back to recirc?

I never noticed it with my other bronco where I drove much more highway miles.. That one I only drove a few weeks (keep it in a different state), but still 10x the miles on this one I experience this.
They'll automatically switch out of recirc on their own. I think I read that explorers do the same and its because of how exhaust fumes collect behind the car when in motion (wind shadow?) or something... Did you happen to notice if your recirc light switched?

WVBaptist

Wildtrak
First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak High - Cyber Orange
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
In Regards to the air blowing stronger all by its own, especially at highway speeds, I have this happen often on both the Broncos I have had.
My 2021 Big Bend did it, and now my 2022 Wildrak does it as well.
Seems like it's something that it just does. At least the Wildrak has dual climate so my wife doesn't complain when it does it as she has her side set to her temp setting.
In the BB I'd freeze her out.

Mike Kleen

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 EG Base MIC
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Man I'm sure it's been said before but I really appreciate your wealth of information. Thanks for being around.

OP
OP
HCGxKaLiBeR

HCGxKaLiBeR

Wildtrak
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
And in other news the carpet in the passenger side footwell is .002 mm taller than on the drivers side, should I be concerned?
lol, I guess this is the time I should unsub thread watch.
Sponsored