Sam4wheeler

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU, Wildtrak Ordered
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Nothing here of substance but some fun speculation and a rendering from Bold Ride. Heck they even call it a 2017 Bronco which we know is nonsense.

2020 Ford Bronco Concept Rendering.jpg

Rumors are circulating of a revived Ford Bronco for the 2017 model year. Together with Gabriel Hantig, we created a unique interoperation of our own modern Bronco.

The smartest thing Ford could do would be to use the European Ranger platform as a starting point. The lightweight frame would be perfect for the Bronco and its off-road credentials. Not to mention the overall size and shape would be exactly what enthusiasts are looking for. Not to small, but not just a two-door Explorer, either.

To go along with that lightweight body, an efficient yet powerful EcoBoost V6 would be the most likely engine under the hood. Expected power output would be in the neighborhood of 300 horsepower, with more than enough torque to handle rough and rugged terrain.

Engine and performance aside, one thing Ford needs to assure is that a new Bronco has a design enthusiasts will love. The big and boxy looks have been translated here into a modern interpretation, featuring a number of cues you would find in Ford trucks today. The overall size of the SUV would be similar in dimensions to the current Ford Edge.

With the Explorer, Edge, and F-150 all staying relatively similar in price, it’s hard to guesstimate where the Bronco would fall into place. Our estimates would assume a starting price of around $29,000—priced just above the Edge, but well below the Raptor and higher-level F-150 trims.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sam4wheeler

Sam4wheeler

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Moniturr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette C7
I hope the next Bronco does NOT look like that. It's way too pedestrian and looks like a warmed over Explorer. I really hope it's got more of a Jeep feel to it for lack of a better comparison.

Ecobeasttt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
The front is basically just the current Ford SUV front end and the back looks like it's from the 80's. Nein nein nein!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Built Ford Tough
If it's going to take on the Wrangler it's gotta look tougher than that! Ford's not going to steal sales from Jeep if the Bronco looks like another other big SUV. The Range Rover looks even tougher than this.

Good thing it's just one artist's speculative rendering based on his imagination.

Sponsored

VonDutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Too many Ford styling cues I'd say. Why bother building a bronco if it will just look like everything else in their current lineup. I like the boxy look too, they shouldn't make it too refined.

Simmy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All American
Your Bronco Model
Base
Too many Ford styling cues I'd say. Why bother building a bronco if it will just look like everything else in their current lineup. I like the boxy look too, they shouldn't make it too refined.
Agreed, needs to be a tougher off-road look. I don't think it'll be this soft. Just look at the 2003 Bronco Concept that thing was basically a box on wheels and Broncos have always had that tough boxy look.

OP
OP
Sam4wheeler

Sam4wheeler

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Agreed, needs to be a tougher off-road look. I don't think it'll be this soft. Just look at the 2003 Bronco Concept that thing was basically a box on wheels and Broncos have always had that tough boxy look.
Not only Broncos were boxy back then but other Ford vehicles but I'll give you that, the 2004 concept was VERY boxy even for its time.

Simmy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All American
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not only Broncos were boxy back then but other Ford vehicles but I'll give you that, the 2004 concept was VERY boxy even for its time.
That's true. Look at an 80's Mustang compared to the S550.

But unlike a sports car, an off road utility vehicle should look tough, which usually means boxier.

1987-mustang-gt-with-the-5-0-badge_100202160_m.jpg
Sponsored