Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Macan GTS
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So as discussed in other parts of this forum, I received my new bronco and I absolutely love it. I drive about 30 miles on I 75 to get to work. Usually the speed is anywhere from 75 to 85. Once I hit 75 there was a definite shaking coming from the front end of the car when it only had 50 miles on it. I got to the dealer at somewhere around 150 miles. The dealership was great except the vehicle and it took them in the neighborhood of two hours to try to balance and align the tires. They even took off the spare in the back and try to match it up in a position where the car would be in balance. Once I took the car back up to 75 to 85 mph today he drove like a dream. Iā€™m not sure they are doing much of a balancing act at the factory. For those of you noticing that same shimmer I would definitely get the vehicle in. Fire stone stores have a lifetime alignment policy if you buy it for somewhere around $100 or $150. I think I will purchase this from them and balance the tires quite frequently.
Sponsored

zyglyrox

Base
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 BaseSAS / ā€˜21 Bronco Sport BB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I agree, I had my OEM Goodyears put on a new set of wheels and my tire guy said the OEM tires were a bear to get balanced right.
Dunno if itā€™s poor quality control or just a bad batch of tires.

sgraing1

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond.A Bunch More Junk.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Did they isolate the tire(s) that were causing the issue?Were they simply just not balanced correctly or is there a tire/rim runout issue?
I'm fortunate. I have a Hunter tire balancer in the garage.I bought it because of all the bad experiences I had with tire stores.

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Interesting. We have a Michelin plant here local and he said Ford had super high QA checks on tires and would reject the whole batch if they didnā€™t test to their spec. He said it was very stringent as far as roundness and balance specs.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hmmm, I know mine is good as I had to get it up to about 85 this week on the way in to work. It also tracks good and straight too. Alignment spot on. I have had new vehicles in the past that the alignment and balancing were off. Sometimes it happens.

Sponsored

Snowboarder777

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS7
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I had issues with the goodyears too and they were all out of round and excess of 30lbs road force which is pathetic. Michelins have far higher quality control compared to Goodyears. Nonetheless I replaced the tires on my Bronco sasquatch with the BF Goodyears K02 and wow its night and day. Very smooth at all speeds and far more compliant over bad roads and a bit quieter. The BF goodrich were all below 10-15 lbs road force and barely needed balancing weights on the hunter machine.

cyberfalco

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 JK, 2000 Ram 2500, 1993 FZJ80, 1994 FZJ80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Some tire techs are not very good at balancing tires and some tires take a lot of experience to balance.

RednWhite89

Badlands
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had 3 of 4 tires replaced early on. Over 50 lbs on the balancer. The one good one was 18lbs. They struggled to balance the new ones and could only get them down into the low 30's. I still have the wobble right around 70-75 mph.

I'm trying not to be a pain in the rear, but wondering if I should take it back to the dealer (but what do I say: better balance or replace again) or live with it. It does bug me and speed limits around me are 70mph, so I'm in the wobble range frequently.

Your thoughts are appreciated.

OP
OP

Padawan

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Macan GTS
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Itā€™s my thought that like the engine failures, there are many with tire issues that should be covered or recalled. Iā€™m not sure what needs to happen, but @Ford should be providing a lifetime alignment and free balancing until the tires are toast.

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 GTS, BMW M3, VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had 3 of 4 tires replaced early on. Over 50 lbs on the balancer. The one good one was 18lbs. They struggled to balance the new ones and could only get them down into the low 30's. I still have the wobble right around 70-75 mph.

I'm trying not to be a pain in the rear, but wondering if I should take it back to the dealer (but what do I say: better balance or replace again) or live with it. It does bug me and speed limits around me are 70mph, so I'm in the wobble range frequently.

I reco you raise a stink. While it seems like the only downside is an annoyance at speed, out of balance tires will prematurely wear all your suspension and steering bushings. The balance will never correct itself. It will only get worse.

Sponsored

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I agree, I had my OEM Goodyears put on a new set of wheels and my tire guy said the OEM tires were a bear to get balanced right.
Dunno if itā€™s poor quality control or just a bad batch of tires.
Did they remove all the rocks from the tread that the tires love to hold on to before they tried to balance? šŸ˜‚

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did your WT sit for an extended period prior to taking delivery? If so, it's highly probably you have flat spots that may or may not ever come out of. Unfortunately, Ford considers this "lot rot" which is the dealer's responsibility. If you were sitting in Michigan for a long time it would be Ford's problem.

If the problem is high road force or just overall lack of balance, that should be covered under factory warranty for the first 12mo or 12,000 miles. High road force that can't be corrected by indexing will require the tires to be replaced.

Sounds like they were just out of balance and GTG now.

OP
OP

Padawan

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Macan GTS
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Luckily no lot rot. Straight through production to delivery.

Did your WT sit for an extended period prior to taking delivery? If so, it's highly probably you have flat spots that may or may not ever come out of. Unfortunately, Ford considers this "lot rot" which is the dealer's responsibility. If you were sitting in Michigan for a long time it would be Ford's problem.

If the problem is high road force or just overall lack of balance, that should be covered under factory warranty for the first 12mo or 12,000 miles. High road force that can't be corrected by indexing will require the tires to be replaced.

Sounds like they were just out of balance and GTG now.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

If they wonā€™t balance itā€™s a manufactures defect and they will replace them. Finding a tech that actually knows how to balance properly is the problem. It takes a lot of time and ford doesnā€™t want to pay it.
Sponsored