Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I literally just picked it up. My fault for not fine combing it and tbh not much of a big deal anyway.. Back tailgate rubbing upon closing thankfully it's plastic on metal which the metal is the obvious winner no issues. See pics any idea on how to adjust it?
87C19D9D-2F14-4092-AEE5-8A9EB6A5FC5A.jpeg
image.jpg
That plastic piece pops off... I believe the clips are glued in place?? One is obviously misaligned.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Ig_bronco

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well I'm taking it in tomorrow.. 50 miles in and the engine light is on. Ford app sent me this. Hoping just a faulty sensor and one that's in stock.. Wishful thinking on my part.
Ford Bronco New bronco with..... tailgate rubbing against body panel 😢 B6AB687A-32CB-47FD-BDA5-5320B6363D67

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
once more than a coupl'a hundred Broncos are actually delivered, we're gonna need much more forum bandwidth just to catalog problems

TXAG96

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Bullitt, '01 Boxster, '87 TBird Turbo Coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I literally just picked it up. My fault for not fine combing it and tbh not much of a big deal anyway.. Back tailgate rubbing upon closing thankfully it's plastic on metal which the metal is the obvious winner no issues. See pics any idea on how to adjust it?
87C19D9D-2F14-4092-AEE5-8A9EB6A5FC5A.jpeg
image.jpg
Took delivery last week of my Rapid Red. My tailgate gap is badly off.
Tight on bottom very open at the top.
I'll post photos later

has yours been fixed yet???? I was thinking of adjusting myself but will make an appointment with the dealer.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ig_bronco

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Took delivery last week of my Rapid Red. My tailgate gap is badly off.
Tight on bottom very open at the top.
I'll post photos later

has yours been fixed yet???? I was thinking of adjusting myself but will make an appointment with the dealer.
Yeah it was fixed real quick

Sponsored

GeoWar64

Badlands
First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just picked my Bronco up yesterday (01/12/2022). My swing gate is also misaligned, albeit in slightly different places (top and bottom). It was noted at closing and I’ll be scheduling to take it in for adjustment. There was also a lot of debris and an odd discoloration in the gas lid panel that has to be replaced. The passenger visor was cut, and a few other odds and ends. The dealer was great and is on it, but as the consumer I now have to deal with getting it all corrected.

Don’t get me wrong, I am excited to finally have it, but Ford definitely has a LOT of quality control problems right now. This is the first new vehicle I’ve ever had with so many defects or quality issues from day one. I’m loving the Bronco so far, but I can’t say I would recommend Ford to anyone at this point. My 2017 Ram 1500 Limited I recently sold to buy the Bronco was nearly flawless from day one and I never had any issues. Same is true of my old 1999 Ford F-250 Super Duty 7.3L PowerStroke. My, how things have changed.

1379C785-BB95-4095-BE32-A61B2794E5B2.jpeg

CDEC89EF-A1DE-4E02-946B-4021302990B2.jpeg

891EF048-DD1B-48F8-9ECE-B17F3C6B2A1E.jpeg

710614E6-98DA-4D5B-8552-42B347FFB4DC.jpeg

08BE3DE5-0527-47DB-B065-9C584BAA7BA4.jpeg

ChrisD

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2021 Lincoln Corsair
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think it's more common than that. I took this photo the day I took delivery of mine. Ford's fixing it, but it's something to look for.

Ford Bronco New bronco with..... tailgate rubbing against body panel 😢 08BE3DE5-0527-47DB-B065-9C584BAA7BA4
Wanted to post a quick update to the group - mine is scheduled in the body shop Monday to get all this repaired. In my case, they're replacing the swing gate, then aligning the body panels. My swing gate had a dent in it and the body shop said the only way they could repair the dent is replacement of the gate.

Just figured I'd let you all know!

OP
OP
Ig_bronco

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wanted to post a quick update to the group - mine is scheduled in the body shop Monday to get all this repaired. In my case, they're replacing the swing gate, then aligning the body panels. My swing gate had a dent in it and the body shop said the only way they could repair the dent is replacement of the gate.

Just figured I'd let you all know!
Nice, a lot of the small qc issues compound and take away from the overall vehicle, it's unfortunate. Mine was a quick adjustment and I was on my way. 5/10 min.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Nice, a lot of the small qc issues compound and take away from the overall vehicle, it's unfortunate. Mine was a quick adjustment and I was on my way. 5/10 min.
Glad it was something simple. I was disappointed when I read the original post, but then realizing it was just the plastic trim piece I was relieved. Not as much as you were though I'm sure. :)

ChrisD

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And results of the repair. My dealership scheduled me with a local body shop who fixed it at no cost to me.

Ford Bronco New bronco with..... tailgate rubbing against body panel 😢 IMG_2350

Ford Bronco New bronco with..... tailgate rubbing against body panel 😢 IMG_2351

Sponsored

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

ChrisD

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you have a misalignment, also check if you have a dent in the swing gate behind the spare tire. I don't know if the two things are related, but I suspect they are, and they should get fixed at the same time. In my case, they replaced the swing gate. If you look at the end of the lower hinge, you can see where the dent was on mine before it was replaced:

Ford Bronco New bronco with..... tailgate rubbing against body panel 😢 UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_c01

GeoWar64

Badlands
First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just picked my Bronco up yesterday (01/12/2022). My swing gate is also misaligned, albeit in slightly different places (top and bottom). It was noted at closing and I’ll be scheduling to take it in for adjustment. There was also a lot of debris and an odd discoloration in the gas lid panel that has to be replaced. The passenger visor was cut, and a few other odds and ends. The dealer was great and is on it, but as the consumer I now have to deal with getting it all corrected.

Don’t get me wrong, I am excited to finally have it, but Ford definitely has a LOT of quality control problems right now. This is the first new vehicle I’ve ever had with so many defects or quality issues from day one. I’m loving the Bronco so far, but I can’t say I would recommend Ford to anyone at this point. My 2017 Ram 1500 Limited I recently sold to buy the Bronco was nearly flawless from day one and I never had any issues. Same is true of my old 1999 Ford F-250 Super Duty 7.3L PowerStroke. My, how things have changed.

Ford Bronco New bronco with..... tailgate rubbing against body panel 😢 UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_c01

UPDATE @ 02.02.2022: My dealer replaced the cut visor and repainted the fuel door panel, so those items are fixed and checked off this list. The problem is they couldn’t fix the misaligned swing gate. They apparently talked with Ford and the engineers and tried several scenarios, but the swing gate latch still hangs up just a little and the driver side (latch handle side) is visibly out of alignment. My dealer’s Sasquatch doesn’t have this problem, but another customer with a Sasquatch does have the same problem. Anyone else with this issue or have an idea for a solution? Right now my plan is to pull off the spare and the passenger side cargo door trim and then try to adjust the inside hinge mounts/bolts myself.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

UPDATE @ 02.02.2022: My dealer replaced the cut visor and repainted the fuel door panel, so those items are fixed and checked off this list. The problem is they couldn’t fix the misaligned swing gate. They apparently talked with Ford and the engineers and tried several scenarios, but the swing gate latch still hangs up just a little and the driver side (latch handle side) is visibly out of alignment. My dealer’s Sasquatch doesn’t have this problem, but another customer with a Sasquatch does have the same problem. Anyone else with this issue or have an idea for a solution? Right now my plan is to pull off the spare and the passenger side cargo door trim and then try to adjust the inside hinge mounts/bolts myself.
The only solution I would have to suggest is to have the dealer order you a new gate.

MotoCeptorMan

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang, 2013 Ram, 2003 Jeep Liberty 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why can't Ford get this right at the factory? Where is Quality Control? @Ford Motor Company should be embarrassed. What happened to job number one?
Sponsored