Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corolla lol
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hey everyone!
I’m brand new here, and one of the many that has had their order in for over a year. The moral of the story is that I caved and decided to take off my Sasquatch package and hard top to take advantage of Ford’s $2500 private offer. I will be getting a 4 door base, and modifications to make up for removing the Sasquatch package. I have modded out an older 4runner in the past but don’t know a ton about the new bronco platform. I’m wanting to do 35’s and a 2 inch lift. Planning on some other modifications such as sas fenders, steel bumpers, etc. What I’m really trying to figure out is the best combination to not rub, have as much off road capability as possible. I’ve looked into eibach and icon for new suspension, but am open to any other good options! I’m having difficulty figuring out the wheel and tire specs to run 35’s with 17 inch rims while being fully functional off road (was thinking 315/70/17 tire with a 0 offset wheel, and a 2 inch lift.). If anyone has any experience with this platform and can chip in that’d be much appreciated. If you have a similar set up let me know how it is, and show me your builds! Thank you :)
Sponsored

emulous74

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 ZR2 Bison D , '23 Bronco 2DR, MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With all due respect, what kind of capability are you looking for? By dropping the Sasquatch package, you are loosing 4.7 gearing, the advanced 4x4 system, front and rear locking differentials, possibly trail-turn assist (I believe only with the 2.7), beyond the tires/rims/suspension.

The tires/rims/suspension are the easy things to upgrade on the bronco, that other stuff is rather expensive and it would be much cheaper to move to a different trim that offers many of those (black diamond and badlands) things.

OP
OP

MountainGoat

Base
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corolla lol
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thank you so much for the response! I have the 2.7L engine. I believe I am still able to upgrade trim levels, but would have to check. I originally did the base squatch since it was so cost effective for the capability. Would it be better to just upgrade the trim and do wheels and tires since the Sasquatch isn’t available? If so, I’m wondering what wheels/tires and possibly suspension would work best for the setup

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you so much for the response! I have the 2.7L engine. I believe I am still able to upgrade trim levels, but would have to check. I originally did the base squatch since it was so cost effective for the capability. Would it be better to just upgrade the trim and do wheels and tires since the Sasquatch isn’t available? If so, I’m wondering what wheels/tires and possibly suspension would work best for the setup
The Basesquatch was a great deal to get a well equipped Bronco at minimal cost; once the Sasquatch package was dropped, as you've seen, a LOT falls out on the base and much of it can't be added via options. Without the Sasquatch the next best option, IMO, is the Black Diamond as was suggested earlier. The BD comes with rear lockers, underbody protection and MGV standard. The so-so 32" wheel/tire combo is less relevant since you intend to upgrade that anyway (and like-new Bronco take-offs of more capable combos are abundantly available at cheap prices).

OP
OP

MountainGoat

Base
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corolla lol
Your Bronco Model
Base
The Basesquatch was a great deal to get a well equipped Bronco at minimal cost; once the Sasquatch package was dropped, as you've seen, a LOT falls out on the base and much of it can't be added via options. Without the Sasquatch the next best option, IMO, is the Black Diamond as was suggested earlier. The BD comes with rear lockers, underbody protection and MGV standard. The so-so 32" wheel/tire combo is less relevant since you intend to upgrade that anyway (and like-new Bronco take-offs of more capable combos are abundantly available at cheap prices).
That’s very true on the takeoffs. I have been looking at tire/wheel combinations that were almost all over 3k. I just built a black diamond out and it comes out to be about 48k plus whatever the wheels and tires come out to be. My base build was 9k less, but would obviously require more modifications. I’m going to definitely use this thing on some trails on the weekends, but it’ll mostly be on road trips between national parks, and around town.

Sponsored

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Basesquatch is the off road bargain. What you give up will cost you double the money to replicate, and not covered by warranty. Base base is still a great vehicle, but you've got to know its limitations...

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

With all due respect, what kind of capability are you looking for? By dropping the Sasquatch package, you are loosing 4.7 gearing, the advanced 4x4 system, front and rear locking differentials, possibly trail-turn assist (I believe only with the 2.7), beyond the tires/rims/suspension.

The tires/rims/suspension are the easy things to upgrade on the bronco, that other stuff is rather expensive and it would be much cheaper to move to a different trim that offers many of those (black diamond and badlands) things.
Correct me if I'm wrong but trail turn assist comes with all automatics. Not available with manual.
Edit: I looked it up. Trail turn assist requires rear locker which means stepping out of the base for just the locker. Base locker is only available with sasquatch package.

Last edited:
OP
OP

MountainGoat

Base
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corolla lol
Your Bronco Model
Base
Basesquatch is the off road bargain. What you give up will cost you double the money to replicate, and not covered by warranty. Base base is still a great vehicle, but you've got to know its limitations...
Hey fellow Utah friend? Saw the utes in your profile pic. The thing that makes this difficult is not necessarily the wait. It’s been a year and I’m still expecting 6-9 months for just a base. It’s the fact that I am able to get prior year pricing plus the extra 2500. The hardest part is definitely ruining the warranty. I’m jealous you were able to get one! Would definitely throw a decent chunk of change into it if base base is the final order

edit: it would actually be 2845 off of 2023 MSRP. The black diamond is just under 2k.

Last edited:

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hey fellow Utah friend? Saw the utes in your profile pic. The thing that makes this difficult is not necessarily the wait. It’s been a year and I’m still expecting 6-9 months for just a base. It’s the fact that I am able to get prior year pricing plus the extra 2500. The hardest part is definitely ruining the warranty. I’m jealous you were able to get one! Would definitely throw a decent chunk of change into it if base base is the final order
Was at the U many years ago. Now live in Appalachia, but am a lifelong fan of Utah, repping them on CFB boards for years, back in the MWC conference days...

OP
OP

MountainGoat

Base
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corolla lol
Your Bronco Model
Base
Would have to do more research but if I decided on base. Would there be a good combination anyone can recommend for wheels/tire/lift dimensions? (2 in lift, 35’s, and 17 inch rims). I’d like to figure out an estimate of going with the modification route. While keeping it as capable as possible… no rub and can still flex! Thanks for all the replies!

Sponsored

emulous74

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 ZR2 Bison D , '23 Bronco 2DR, MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Correct me if I'm wrong but trail turn assist comes with all automatics. Not available with manual.
Edit: I looked it up. Trail turn assist requires rear locker which means stepping out of the base for just the locker. Base locker is only available with sasquatch package.
Here's what I found on the 2022 specs:

Trail control Standard on all Bronco series with 10-speed automatic transmission
Trail turn assist Standard on all Bronco series with 10-speed automatic transmission
Trail one-pedal drive Standard on 2.7-liter V6 models with 10-speed automatic transmission

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’d go to Big Bend w/ locking rear. The rear locker at least gives you a ratio that begins with a “4” making the 35s you want a much more viable option (plus the locking part). The Sandstone interior is very nice in person, and I hated it in pictures, but order the gray one if that’s your jam. The mid package goodies wouldn’t be missed if you never had them, but they make the daily driver experience a little better.

Donkeygyrl

Base
First Name
Sheri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco on order
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The basemansquatch was the perfect package for me ,if you think you might ever need /want lockers get them from the factory,less hassle,cost,and you get a warranty.
Ford Bronco New build help! 20230130_152613

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Dropping the Sas you also lose the M210 front diff. For off-roading I am not willing to give up the M210, lockers, and gears. Wheels, tires and suspension are easy to do from the aftermarket of take offs.