Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

What's crazy? If you're talking about the number, just forget it exists. That's an engineering number, not the service part number. Almost every number stamped/molded on a part is engineering and the service part may index to that but it won't be the same.

Still in the package.

mb3e6750bb.jpg

mb3z6750b.jpg
Do you have a picture of the end that goes into the oil?
Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nah, I don't think anyone's throwing shade. The problem is Ford stamps engineering numbers that don't translate directly to a service part. Then we have this gap of -A (wrong) sticks, short run of -B and now they decided to change the suffix to -F for whatever reason. Ford's part numbering system is confusing to figure out but once you understand the base, in this case 6750, you now know the base for almost every Ford engine oil dipstick. The prefix relates to the year and vehicle (for the most part) and the last stuff, the suffix, is generally a version or later variations. For example, if it ends in PTM, it's paint to match, CP is crash part.

There's just a lot of confusion with this because of the changes that happened so quickly. I just ran so warranty claims for these on folks that purchased from me and had to use the -F number instead of -B in order for the claim to go. Warranty system didn't recognize the -B since Ford already made the change in their system even though it's the same part. Technically, we should've taken a sharpie to the number and crossed out the B and wrote in F. If the part was defective, they would send a stop sale notice.

I'm not taking any offence to comments because I think I know what the confusion is. Just hard to explain in a few sentences why Ford does the stuff they do and make sense of it.

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t MB3Z-6750-A the one for the 2.3L.

Going back to my theory that the intended part was MB3Z-6750-B for the 2.7L but it never actually was provided to any Broncos. And it got replaced with -F because nobody bothered to put it together that nobody got the right one to begin with.

Matsterious

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I posted a few in the other stick thread but here are some others.

Ford Bronco New correct dipstick (here's part number) solves 2.7L 7-quarts engine oil capacity / maximum fill amount mystery! πŸ•΅πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ ds10

Ford Bronco New correct dipstick (here's part number) solves 2.7L 7-quarts engine oil capacity / maximum fill amount mystery! πŸ•΅πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ ds10

Thanks Phil!

I got the new part number ( MB3Z-6750-B ) and was wondering if was the same as the newer part number lol. What a fiasco over a dipstick! The MB3Z-6750-B stick reads my factory filled oil level exactly halfway between the two dots.

Sponsored

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I thought we had people earlier in this thread with photos showing -B and -F were slightly different? Maybe not, I’m on my iPhone and it’s painful to manually go back scrolling.

I thought both registered a 7qt fill better than the original factory dipstick (neither showed it north of the max fill hole), but I thought -F was the same as the factory dipstick except with the twist moved up and a larger cross hatch area, whereas the -B was ever so slightly different in length, had a different twist pattern, etc?

Maybe none of this is true and I’ve just gotten confused about what was being posted about which part number.

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I thought we had people earlier in this thread with photos showing -B and -F were slightly different? Maybe not, I’m on my iPhone and it’s painful to manually go back scrolling.

I thought both registered a 7qt fill better than the original factory dipstick (neither showed it north of the max fill hole), but I thought -F was the same as the factory dipstick except with the twist moved up and a larger cross hatch area, whereas the -B was ever so slightly different in length, had a different twist pattern, etc?

Maybe none of this is true and I’ve just gotten confused about what was being posted about which part number.
No you are correct from what I can tell through pictures. The F does appear to be the same length as the original just with a redesigned twist location and hatch area.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So is this a recall or TSB? I dropped my Bronco off this morning for its first oil change and the Service guy said that there is no recall or TSB for this associated with my Bronco. He showed me the screen and there was nothing.
Hi Paul! I can look into your Bronco's screen concerns on my end. To get started, could you please send a private message over with the name/location of your local Ford dealer and your Bronco's VIN?

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi Paul! I can look into your Bronco's screen concerns on my end. To get started, could you please send a private message over with the name/location of your local Ford dealer and your Bronco's VIN?
Oh no you didn't.......he's talking about the OASIS screen, not in-vehicle screen. There isn't a program out yet or in the works that I'm aware of.

I can tell you I've run some of these as warranty claims and Ford is calling the old sticks back. If you've got any pull, tell them to knock it off with the 700 tags. I'll send all of them back but really?

Sponsored

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh no you didn't.......he's talking about the OASIS screen, not in-vehicle screen. There isn't a program out yet or in the works that I'm aware of.

I can tell you I've run some of these as warranty claims and Ford is calling the old sticks back. If you've got any pull, tell them to knock it off with the 700 tags. I'll send all of them back but really?
The intern bot strikes again πŸ₯±

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've offered to help with what I can but, once corporate gets involved or offers assistance, I'm out. Not sure if they've got access to technical assistance/OASIS but some of the questions here don't always lead to or require a dealer visit. My entire professional life has revolved around Ford and service. Just sayin'.

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've offered to help with what I can but, once corporate gets involved or offers assistance, I'm out. Not sure if they've got access to technical assistance/OASIS but some of the questions here don't always lead to or require a dealer visit. My entire professional life has revolved around Ford and service. Just sayin'.
If the account was controlled by someone who knew what they were doing we would all be better off already.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If the account was controlled by someone who knew what they were doing we would all be better off already.
I originally thought it was Jackson Dawson running under the Ford badge but I was wrong.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Definitely not a bot, but also not a C-Suite executive or a member of the Critical Concern Review Group. :sneaky:

Ford Bronco New correct dipstick (here's part number) solves 2.7L 7-quarts engine oil capacity / maximum fill amount mystery! πŸ•΅πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ EF4D85F8-7927-4284-B273-D50B2D09E33F
Sponsored