First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If you want a stick that reads 10 quarts on your Bronco I am sure you can find one of those too...the real question should be do you want to follow the latest SSM/updated owner's manual (6 quarts) or buy a dipstick that is now clearly indicated in the parts catalog as for the Raptor? Apparently some folks prefer 7...others are opting to follow the latest information from Ford. Hopefully those in both camps will have many miles of happy motoring and no warranty issues if things don't go well.
I have not found one that will read 10qts.... but I did find one that reads correctly per my manual.... still have never gotten an SSM and I never will from Ford.... very happy with my Raptor stick...
Sponsored

OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am going to have my dealer take a picture of the stick on delivery and fill to there in the future. If it’s over the full mark at the start and takes 7liters to get there on the first oil change I will order a new stick. Does this sound ok?
Not if the factory fill is too high and if the dealer didn't read the SSM and adjust accordingly...IF the goal is having an accurate read at 6 quarts (if your stick has an H on the handle). 7 liters is almost 7.4 quarts...do you mean 7 quarts? If so, note that after a drain it should be filled with 6 per the most recent SSM.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I haven't been following this conversation since it was universally agreed that the proper capacity for the 2.7L was 7 quarts (confirmed supposedly directly by engineering via various dealer reps on these forums).

I ordered the MB3Z-6750-F when it was discovered that A. this stick accurately measured 7 quarts, and B. that this stick was (at that time) listed as the correct stick for the 2.7L. It's arriving this week.

Just trying to catch up: am I to now understand that

1. Despite confirmation multiple times DIRECTLY from ford engineering sources that the 2.7L oil capacity was 7 quarts, it is now the assertion that the 2.7L was always only supposed to run 6 quarts?
2. Despite the fact that the factory oil fill on ALL 2.7L Broncos were far beyond the max fill line on the supplied (6 quart) dipstick, it is now the assertion that the original dipstick is the correct dipstick for the 2.7L?

So this means that Ford themselves were overfilling every Bronco 2.7 produced up to this point by ~17%?

Kind of sounds like the far more likely explanation is that every 2.7L Bronco was intended to have a 7 quart capacity, AND that running 7 quarts in no way threatens to damage the engine by being "overfilled," since every Bronco 2.7 manufactured up to this point was "overfilled" from factory...
How the **** are we still unclear how much oil the engine is supposed to receive on service after a year of production?

All the delays and parts issues were dumb enough but this is just comically bad.

Apple Blossom

Outer Banks
First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not if the factory fill is too high and if the dealer didn't read the SSM and adjust accordingly...IF the goal is having an accurate read at 6 quarts (if your stick has an H on the handle). 7 liters is almost 7.4 quarts...do you mean 7 quarts? If so, note that after a drain it should be filled with 6 per the most recent SSM.
I just want the correct answer.......... Any chance? But if I take a picture of the dip stick... cold and they refill to the same level will that be correct? What ever the amount is!!! But then you say that I should just let them do what they are told and hope for the best?

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just want the correct answer.......... Any chance? But if I take a picture of the dip stick... cold and they refill to the same level will that be correct? What ever the amount is!!! But then you say that I should just let them do what they are told and hope for the best?
Depends if your engine used any oil during brake in.. your Factory fill is 7.5qts.. refill is 7qt per manual.... Ford SSM says now 6qts to refill... your factory stick will show full with 6qt refill.... will show overfull with factory fill or 7qt refill...

Sponsored

ABorges

Base
First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 F100
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Here it is...the definitive answer to our issues! The facts:

The correct stick is PN MB3Z-6750-B

It is 7/8 of an inch shorter from the base of the handle to the MAX line than the current sticks in our Broncos.

Note the pics...showing side by side comparisons of overall length and max mark lengths. Also note my oil position as measured PER THE MANUAL on the "new" stick. If you want an accurate oil measurement using the procedures indicated in the manual, with 7 quarts, buy the MB3Z-6750-B. I ordered it from my dealer Friday, it came today...19.45.

20220601_162510.jpg
20220601_162520.jpg
20220601_162733.jpg
Quick question in the 2.7 is it 6 quarts or 7 that is used to fill it?

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It is a moving target and it depends on who you ask...but as for now 6.
Ford has not notified any Bronco owners that it is now 6qts... only some dealers that read the SSM.... I'm staying with 7qts like a lot of other people here...Ford say 6 or 7... doesn't matter... your choice.... because Ford doesn't want to recall the dip stick that were put in wrong at the factory...

rayhil67

Black Diamond
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sahara 2006 hummer H3
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just had dealership do first oil change, they did 6qts I have H on dipstick and says its full, when I took delivery in May it was on the high side

Apple Blossom

Outer Banks
First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hmmmm

8D39719E-25B0-4CF5-8CD2-2B567086EBB7.jpeg

Sponsored

sniffHound

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I was completely wrong.

Ford Bronco New correct dipstick (here's part number) solves 2.7L 7-quarts engine oil capacity / maximum fill amount mystery! 🕵🏻‍♂️ 1660679996856

OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford has not notified any Bronco owners that it is now 6qts... only some dealers that read the SSM.... I'm staying with 7qts like a lot of other people here...Ford say 6 or 7... doesn't matter... your choice.... because Ford doesn't want to recall the dip stick that were put in wrong at the factory...
Dipsticks are not subject to recall:

"A recall is issued when a manufacturer or NHTSA determines that a vehicle, equipment, car seat, or tire creates an unreasonable safety risk or fails to meet minimum safety standards."

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Dipsticks are not subject to recall:

"A recall is issued when a manufacturer or NHTSA determines that a vehicle, equipment, car seat, or tire creates an unreasonable safety risk or fails to meet minimum safety standards."
Guess you forgot about these...... just a few...

Examples of defects and Recalls NOT considered safety-related:
  • Air conditioners and radios that do not operate properly.
  • Ordinary wear of equipment that has to be inspected, maintained and replaced periodically. Such equipment includes shock absorbers, batteries, brake pads and shoes, and exhaust systems.
  • Nonstructural or body panel rust.
  • Quality of paint or cosmetic blemishes.
  • Excessive oil consumption.
Yes we know that sticks are not subject to recall because it would cost Ford a lot of money and not to mention the embarrassment of not even having a dip stick built correctly....

OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So you think Ford is running (potentially hundreds of thousands) of engines a quart low down the road (let's pretend that is accurate)? Then why, rather than simply keep with the original dipstick I'm the parts catalog, is Ford ok with their THIRD dipstick iteration? So much secrecy and for "not wanting to recall a dipstick." By adding yet ANOTHER dipstick to the database, Ford already acknowledged that something was up with the first one (especially because the newest stick measure the same as the first one). By your line of thinking, it would have been much easier for Ford to stick with version 2 or version 3, both of which measured 7 accurately, AND not having to issue an SSM AND have to update all the manuals on paper/PDF/HTML...and stick with 7.

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So you think Ford is running (potentially hundreds of thousands) of engines a quart low down the road (let's pretend that is accurate)? Then why, rather than simply keep with the original dipstick I'm the parts catalog, is Ford ok with their THIRD dipstick iteration? So much secrecy and for "not wanting to recall a dipstick." By adding yet ANOTHER dipstick to the database, Ford already acknowledged that something was up with the first one (especially because the newest stick measure the same as the first one). By your line of thinking, it would have been much easier for Ford to stick with version 2 or version 3, both of which measured 7 accurately, AND not having to issue an SSM AND have to update all the manuals on paper/PDF/HTML...and stick with 7.
I guess I don't believe anything Ford says.... just know what they are doing at the factory on the fills.... They lost my trust after telling us first orders in first out.... and that the time stamp is gospel....
Sponsored