Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Cool, part ordered today using my pass points. Thank you.
Sponsored

pineapple

Black Diamond
First Name
Cass
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks guys. Found it since the search feature in Ford Oass wouldn’t pull it up.
But I did noticed my service schedule says “up to 7 qts”

Ford Bronco New correct dipstick (here's part number) solves 2.7L 7-quarts engine oil capacity / maximum fill amount mystery! 🕵🏻‍♂️ E02F4D0E-168C-4431-B0C0-10502433D1F8

OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks guys. Found it since the search feature in Ford Oass wouldn’t pull it up.
But I did noticed my service schedule says “up to 7 qts”

Ford Bronco New correct dipstick (here's part number) solves 2.7L 7-quarts engine oil capacity / maximum fill amount mystery! 🕵🏻‍♂️ E02F4D0E-168C-4431-B0C0-10502433D1F8
That 7 quarts in the 10k service section is generic...it applies to more than one platform. The current HTML for your VIN, however, is updated to 6.

CheekyOldMan

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dealer tells me they've been putting in 6 qt, and that part number doesn't even show up anywhere.

FDHog

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat FX4, 22 Road Glide ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Owners manual for mine says 5.7L. I'll bring it to Ford for oil changes (I have a crapload of reward points) If it blows up, it's on them.

Sponsored

Blackdimondma

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Here it is...the definitive answer to our issues! The facts:

The correct stick is PN MB3Z-6750-B

It is 7/8 of an inch shorter from the base of the handle to the MAX line than the current sticks in our Broncos.

Note the pics...showing side by side comparisons of overall length and max mark lengths. Also note my oil position as measured PER THE MANUAL on the "new" stick. If you want an accurate oil measurement using the procedures indicated in the manual, with 7 quarts, buy the MB3Z-6750-B. I ordered it from my dealer Friday, it came today...19.45.

Question I have a 22 black diamond built October 6 2022 2.7 motor do I need to be concerned about this ?? Also what is the total needed for oil change??

Blackdimondma

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I spoke to a ford dealership today and they tell me that part has been Superseded??

Joemama

Outer Banks
First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

so the original stick is correct and does not need to be replaced, correct?

Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

USAGUY

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

. Man. This whole dip stick thing got me going bonkers. I don’t know what to think. I’ll just keep getting the oil changed at the dealer and hope for the best.

SigSauer226

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Ford Mustang Fastback, 2011 Ford Mustang G
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has there been any official word from Ford? Or is this just internet speculation? I haven't seen anything except for internet forums and this seems like a pretty important issue if it's real. Everyone is freaking out.

I mean from a liability standpoint, how can Ford not correct this if it's real? Companies get sued because idiots buy hot coffee and spill it on themselves. Yet here we're talking about not having the correct amount of oil in an engine worth thousands and Ford is just gonna sit there silent and hope one of these blown engines isn't gonna try and blame the dipstick?

Whole thing smells fishy. Makes no sense to me.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Has there been any official word from Ford? Or is this just internet speculation? I haven't seen anything except for internet forums and this seems like a pretty important issue if it's real. Everyone is freaking out.

I mean from a liability standpoint, how can Ford not correct this if it's real? Companies get sued because idiots buy hot coffee and spill it on themselves. Yet here we're talking about not having the correct amount of oil in an engine worth thousands and Ford is just gonna sit there silent and hope one of these blown engines isn't gonna try and blame the dipstick?

Whole thing smells fishy. Makes no sense to me.
They’ve already clarified it as much as they’re going to. Multiple posts about this already. Factory dipstick is correct, and the correct capacity is 6 quarts.

AMTRV

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands 4dr, 22 6.7L Tremor, 1940 Ford Cpe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford first said 7. Then Ford said 6, but 7 is okay.
All this while Ford was still doing an initial fill at the factory of 7.5.
You‘ll be fine with either.
Sponsored