James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Ford Mustang Fastback, 2011 Ford Mustang G
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They’ve already clarified it as much as they’re going to. Multiple posts about this already. Factory dipstick is correct, and the correct capacity is 6 quarts.
So they have clarified that the original factory dipstick is correct yet we still have an abundance of these threads? Why are the mods allowing disinformation?

Can you link to an official clarification from FORD? I can't find one. All I see are forum posts and YouTube videos... What started all this?
Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So they have clarified that the original factory dipstick is correct yet we still have an abundance of these threads? Why are the mods allowing disinformation?

Can you link to an official clarification from FORD? I can't find one. All I see are forum posts and YouTube videos... What started all this?
Your guess is as good as mine 🤷‍♂️

Here’s the information straight from Ford. This was a special service message released by them.
Ford Bronco New correct dipstick (here's part number) solves 2.7L 7-quarts engine oil capacity / maximum fill amount mystery! 🕵🏻‍♂️ 9FB0038C-31D3-495B-867F-7B8FD3140321

SigSauer226

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Ford Mustang Fastback, 2011 Ford Mustang G
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you. Honestly this seems out of control. Holy hell, so much misinformation online and people believe everything.

Still think the mods should address it by posting a sticky on page 1. People use this forum to get a lot of their information. People are being misled.

OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Your guess is as good as mine 🤷‍♂️

Here’s the information straight from Ford. This was a special service message released by them.
Ford Bronco New correct dipstick (here's part number) solves 2.7L 7-quarts engine oil capacity / maximum fill amount mystery! 🕵🏻‍♂️ 9FB0038C-31D3-495B-867F-7B8FD3140321
In addition to the SSM we have an oil pan from a Bronco and an oil pan from an F-150...with six and seven quarts measured in both. The Bronco oil pan holds LESS than the F-150 6-quart pan for the same engine. I'm not sure whatever additional definitive information you were hoping Ford will give us, because they haven't replied to any of our inquiries for over a year. Ford now indicates that the newest six quart stick is the only proper stick for the Bronco with a 2.7. Additionally, if you type your VIN in on the Ford website with the HTML version of the owner's manual, it too indicates 6 quarts. The correct answer (from Ford) is 6 quarts. The "factory fill" amount means nothing to us at this point because we have no way of verifying exactly how much the person adding oil actually added. We can, however, use the correct stick to check our own oil and adjust it as needed to the correct level.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thank you. Honestly this seems out of control. Holy hell, so much misinformation online and people believe everything.

Still think the mods should address it by posting a sticky on page 1. People use this forum to get a lot of their information. People are being misled.
I completely agree

Sponsored

Noco

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser, Trail Teams edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In addition to the SSM we have an oil pan from a Bronco and an oil pan from an F-150...with six and seven quarts measured in both. The Bronco oil pan holds LESS than the F-150 6-quart pan for the same engine. I'm not sure whatever additional definitive information you were hoping Ford will give us, because they haven't replied to any of our inquiries for over a year. Ford now indicates that the newest six quart stick is the only proper stick for the Bronco with a 2.7. Additionally, if you type your VIN in on the Ford website with the HTML version of the owner's manual, it too indicates 6 quarts. The correct answer (from Ford) is 6 quarts. The "factory fill" amount means nothing to us at this point because we have no way of verifying exactly how much the person adding oil actually added. We can, however, use the correct stick to check our own oil and adjust it as needed to the correct level.
The on-board manual on my 2021 Badlands, 2.7 states it takes 7 quarts, not 6. Is my manual incorrect? My Ford service department is looking into it, because they refused to put more than 6 in it today.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The on-board manual on my 2021 Badlands, 2.7 states it takes 7 quarts, not 6. Is my manual incorrect? My Ford service department is looking into it, because they refused to put more than 6 in it today.
Yes, it’s incorrect. They haven’t sent out an update for that manual yet. Your dealership should follow what the workshop manual says, which is 6 quarts.

*Edit - Ford HAS corrected the owners manual in the newest OTA update. Mine now shows the correct amount (6 quarts) Once your bronco receives the update, it will be fixed.

Last edited:

BrodyUSMC

Base
First Name
Brody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Bronco and a Prius
Your Bronco Model
Base
So bottom line how much oil do I need to put in this when I change the oil?

John Bronco_ I am here

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnbronco.com
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '08 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow, people arguing on the interwebs, who would have thought.

When arguing a point I suggest one come with facts, not yell for suppression, it can turn out to be very SADS :cry:. Asking for an accurate dipstick seems to be a reasonable request.

Sponsored

paxfish

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 fx4 eco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My June 2022 built 2.7 was at the top hashmark of it's "H" dipstick when I received it.

At 5700 miles, it had not moved. It took 6.5 qts to return to that level at my first oil change.

6 qts had it at the lower third of the hashmarks.

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Needs a concise sticky. Could the other engines have also been affected (2.3, 3.0)? I think so.

OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow, people arguing on the interwebs, who would have thought.

When arguing a point I suggest one come with facts, not yell for suppression, it can turn out to be very SADS :cry:. Asking for an accurate dipstick seems to be a reasonable request.
The facts are that the correct amount of oil is 6 quarts for an oil change for the Bronco 2.7 and that the 2.7s have (and have had) the correct stick (per Ford...much of what else is out there on the interwebs is a variation of those facts). Not sure what the conspiracy theorists think Ford has to gain by running a "covert op" designed to trick owners into adding that extra quart? Much bigger mistakes have been made over the years in automotive manuals and have since been corrected...revisions exist for a reason. The funny part in all of this is that while many folks who refuse to believe the current Ford manual for oil change capacity say nothing about the differential capacities or the radiator capacity or any of the other Information in the manual...so they trust Ford to produce their Bronco and the entire manual except for the oil change part?

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
The facts are that the correct amount of oil is 6 quarts for an oil change for the Bronco 2.7 and that the 2.7s have (and have had) the correct stick (per Ford...much of what else is out there on the interwebs is a variation of those facts). Not sure what the conspiracy theorists think Ford has to gain by running a "covert op" designed to trick owners into adding that extra quart? Much bigger mistakes have been made over the years in automotive manuals and have since been corrected...revisions exist for a reason. The funny part in all of this is that while many folks who refuse to believe the current Ford manual for oil change capacity say nothing about the differential capacities or the radiator capacity or any of the other Information in the manual...so they trust Ford to produce their Bronco and the entire manual except for the oil change part?
I think it’s the 7~7.5qt factory fill vs the 6qt service fill that creates the confusion and skepticism. A quart, quart and a half of variation is quite a lot to ignore. Most engines will either be critically low or oil aerating high with that type of deviation.

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes C250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have approximately 22k miles on my Bronco. I did purchase the Raptor dipstick and have been running 7 qts with four oil changes so far. I know this has been beat to death, but I have not observed any issues to date running 7 qts versus 6 qts. I am on the fence as to whether to move to 6 qts and go back to the factory dipstick or stick with 7 qts for my next upcoming oil change. Just to mention, I am running AMS Oil not that this shuld make a difference for 6 vs. 7.
Sponsored