Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 97 F150, 92 Mustang LX 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I just received this back from Ford:

Ford superseded MB3Z6750B to MB3Z6750F

I sure hope that I received the correct one!
Sponsored

OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

We can ask Flip about deciphering the numbers but I can verify the one ending in the B works great.

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I reported this one earlier to Flip and nothing was coming up yet and also mentioned it in this thread about a week ago. The engineering number for the F variant (MB3E-6750-BC) showed up under the 3.0 for Ranger and Bronco Raptors in that same filing for new tooling. I assume they’re interchangeable since the motors are the same as far as oil specifications but who knows it could vary slightly for some reason since Ford Performance always has to be special. I’ll try to get one when available.

I wonder if they just simply got mixed up altogether. -A is for the 2.3 and -B is the working and supposed intended one for the 2.7 but nobody ever got one from the factory so they just release an entirely new one? Maybe this is their way of forcing a correction through the system. If it comes back that MB3Z-6750-B is wrong it’ll also trickle down to anyone with the FT4Z-6750-B dipsticks without actually saying they put the entirely wrong dipstick in to begin with. Mild conspiracy theory here but that seems like the easiest way to go through a silent recall. This would explain why they detailed the tooling change as for being “readability” and not outright saying Lima Engine Plant installed the wrong ones entirely. Brush it under the rug basically by hiding the fact they called for FT4Z-6750-B from FWD Nano engines originally in the parts system by silently converting the number and then saying a new part supersedes it for “readability” concerns.

Last edited:

21BL2DR

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BL 2dr, 2021 BB 4dr, 2022 BS 2dr, trifecta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just called my dealer and he says that part number is for the 2.3 engine?

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

It wouldn't surprise me if the F is a bit longer than the B. I'm not convinced this new indicator is the correct one either as it shows about 1/4" short of the nominal full. The old indicator is exactly halfway up the twist. In my 2.3l the reading is dead on the nominal full. Here is my process for oil change and measuring in case in case anyone has questions:

When I changed my oil, I made sure it was on perfectly level ground (checked with an 8ft box level and put a couple pieces of plywood under my back wheels to ensure perfectly level).
Warmed up the engine and I let the oil drain overnight.
I got 6.7 qts out. I figure the residual was in the filter and drain pan that didn't get measured. Added 7 qts oil, ran engine and let it sit overnight again to get a cold reading in the morning.
Yes I inserted the indicator all the way in to the handle shoulder.

Ford Bronco New correct dipstick (here's part number) solves 2.7L 7-quarts engine oil capacity / maximum fill amount mystery! 🕵🏻‍♂️ 20220608_104142

Ford Bronco New correct dipstick (here's part number) solves 2.7L 7-quarts engine oil capacity / maximum fill amount mystery! 🕵🏻‍♂️ 20220608_103601

Sponsored

BlueBoy

First Edition
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco 351W
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I just received my correct dipstick from my dealer and now my 7qt oilchange is spot on. Thanks for the research into this!

Broncofly

First Edition
First Name
Paulo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, Honda Africa Twin, Husqvarna 310R
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Here are the other photos

9DC0E348-EBBC-4F51-88CD-2870577A5100.jpeg

5CBBEB18-139E-4DE2-B28E-61EF6A1E8B21.jpeg

FF97FD49-3448-4C42-A6BA-2A8BC0C0623D.jpeg
No...using the M series dipstick correctly measures the SEVEN quarts the Bronco 2.7 is confirmed to hold...but hey, I would wager because this entire stick thing has been such a cluster that someone is probably going to overfill it with even the new stick. The simple equation is to buy the M series stick and to measure your oil with it. If your oil level falls between the upper and lower lines on the hash marks you're golden. The entire point of the new M series stick (aka an existing stick with the Ford parts database designation that indicates it works on the Bronco) is so you're not filling your F stick (I predict jokes on that term wait for it) up to the twist. You can skip the entire thread spend 20 bucks on the right stick and you'll be happily measuring your oil in no time.
i picked up the new dipstick yesterday, the “B” model with the black triangle logo at the top “🔼” (instead of the “H”.

I measured both………and as started, the new one is shorter and measures oil at exactly as this picture below illiterates……..

Ford Bronco New correct dipstick (here's part number) solves 2.7L 7-quarts engine oil capacity / maximum fill amount mystery! 🕵🏻‍♂️ 1064BBFF-B963-4924-83DD-0AEDD2D74E28

For reference, my FE only has about 2200 miles and I haven’t touched the oil since driving it off the lot. The original dipstick with the “H” branded at the top of the dipstick shows my oil level above the twist in the dipstick. The new one shows the oil about 3/4 full, or the normal indication as per the above reference photo.

Here are photos of both dipsticks and the indications.

Ford Bronco New correct dipstick (here's part number) solves 2.7L 7-quarts engine oil capacity / maximum fill amount mystery! 🕵🏻‍♂️ D4282BDC-8E6A-4250-A2C5-D0E6F160F5F0

Ford Bronco New correct dipstick (here's part number) solves 2.7L 7-quarts engine oil capacity / maximum fill amount mystery! 🕵🏻‍♂️ 04901369-7E14-4C35-BD73-C660944222B6

Ford Bronco New correct dipstick (here's part number) solves 2.7L 7-quarts engine oil capacity / maximum fill amount mystery! 🕵🏻‍♂️ F07DCF4D-E1BA-4293-9824-9FEA5F411989

straycat

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Camry, 2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Please keep us posted, my dealer's parts dept told me the same thing.

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Please keep us posted, my dealer's parts dept told me the same thing.
Did you order one? It’s likely the same thing just with a different number.

Even the original one went through two dipstick variants btw. Top one was from pre-production

Ford Bronco New correct dipstick (here's part number) solves 2.7L 7-quarts engine oil capacity / maximum fill amount mystery! 🕵🏻‍♂️ 0D450121-EBDB-4EDA-B5A9-D38438E6123D

Last edited:

straycat

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Camry, 2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Even the original one went through two dipstick variants btw. Top one was from pre-production

0D450121-EBDB-4EDA-B5A9-D38438E6123D.jpeg
Yeah, my current one is the 2nd in your pic. I'm afraid that MB3Z6750F is just a new part number for my existing stick. I'll probably just order the MB3Z6750B online to not take any chances.

My dealer only put 6qts in for this morning's oil change...So having an accurate dipstick and changing my own oil is going to be important to me.

Last edited:

Sponsored

BroncoB

First Edition
First Name
Christine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
i picked up the new dipstick yesterday, the “B” model with the black triangle logo at the top “🔼” (instead of the “H”.

I measured both………and as started, the new one is shorter and measures oil at exactly as this p

F07DCF4D-E1BA-4293-9824-9FEA5F411989.jpeg
This is short of the nominal full. If it was the right stick it would be at the line. Anything else is a close enough reading.

BroncoB

First Edition
First Name
Christine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Ford Bronco New correct dipstick (here's part number) solves 2.7L 7-quarts engine oil capacity / maximum fill amount mystery! 🕵🏻‍♂️ 0D450121-EBDB-4EDA-B5A9-D38438E6123D
Are those sticks in your possession? Are the BC and BF sticks identical length and level markings? any difference besides the letter?

BroncoB

First Edition
First Name
Christine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Here are the 2 dip sticks from the 2.3l and the new 2.7l one. They are completely different but the numbers only differ by the last 2 letter.

28605E7A-9049-4061-9FD8-6E3199DA378E.jpeg

ABABBBAE-5652-4708-B737-4BA1B09FCCC1.jpeg

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, my current one is the 2nd in your pic. I'm afraid that MB3Z6750F is just a new part number for my existing stick. I'll probably just order the MB3Z6750B online to not take any chances.

My dealer only put 6qts in for this morning's oil change...So having an accurate dipstick and changing my own oil is going to be important to me.
As I’ve stated, and flip has kindly displayed, the dipstick engineering number was specifically tied to the Raptors 3.0 engine though it should carryover the same because nothing that I’m aware of was changed pertaining to the valve cover, oil pan, or oil capacity. Likewise 2.7 and 3.0 engines in FWD cars where our original dipstick part number is sourced also share the same dipstick

Are those sticks in your possession? Are the BC and BF sticks identical length and level markings? any difference besides the letter?
Yes I took the picture and have access to them. The incorrect dipsticks (top two) are the exact same. They’re just varied for likely changes between models (one could be for a Fusion Sport 2.7 for example and the other a Lincoln 3.0). Both will measure to 6 quarts.
Sponsored

Last edited: