First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh no you didn't.......he's talking about the OASIS screen, not in-vehicle screen. There isn't a program out yet or in the works that I'm aware of.
That's ok, I have several issues with my radio so I'll send them that info.
Sponsored

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Definitely not a bot, but also not a C-Suite executive or a member of the Critical Concern Review Group. :sneaky:

EF4D85F8-7927-4284-B273-D50B2D09E33F.jpeg
It’s two parts. There’s a bot that scans social media for keywords and then interns assigned to various platforms respond to the hits when applicable. Some aren’t even Ford employees they’re third party enterprises

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s two parts. There’s a bot that scans social media for keywords and then interns assigned to various platforms respond to the hits when applicable. Some aren’t even Ford employees they’re third party enterprises
I know, I know… I was just having a little fun with the interns actually responding to issues here. They’re not exactly Mensa candidates. 😉

dukegsd13

Badlands
First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019-MustangPP2 2005-Superduty 2022-Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you for the information. Very helpful. I just completed my first oil change.

I had just a slight lean towards the passenger side. I waited about an hour after shutting off the engine. Opened the filler cap and removed the dipstick and filter first.

After draining the oil from the pan I was able to extract nearly 7 quarts. My oil level is now at the twist as before I started. Oh I noticed u have to remove the filter all the way not just loosen the cap past the o rings for the oil to come out.
Some pics.

Ford Bronco New correct dipstick (here's part number) solves 2.7L 7-quarts engine oil capacity / maximum fill amount mystery! 🕵🏻‍♂️ F00E0322-6590-458F-8DDE-D8AC0BB01690
Ford Bronco New correct dipstick (here's part number) solves 2.7L 7-quarts engine oil capacity / maximum fill amount mystery! 🕵🏻‍♂️ AF76BF25-182C-48D3-9D1C-5BC3563420D0
Ford Bronco New correct dipstick (here's part number) solves 2.7L 7-quarts engine oil capacity / maximum fill amount mystery! 🕵🏻‍♂️ DE4796DC-15A4-48BC-B9FF-D08A03914B57
Ford Bronco New correct dipstick (here's part number) solves 2.7L 7-quarts engine oil capacity / maximum fill amount mystery! 🕵🏻‍♂️ 76DCAFA4-E637-48DF-A7FE-876C87E538D4
Ford Bronco New correct dipstick (here's part number) solves 2.7L 7-quarts engine oil capacity / maximum fill amount mystery! 🕵🏻‍♂️ D6DB1E50-59F7-4B85-B21F-8B35765E8846
Ford Bronco New correct dipstick (here's part number) solves 2.7L 7-quarts engine oil capacity / maximum fill amount mystery! 🕵🏻‍♂️ 53F71792-376B-4899-B293-B02AFB885763

Last edited:

cmcbronco

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 f-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Here it is...the definitive answer to our issues! The facts:

The correct stick is PN MB3Z-6750-B

It is 7/8 of an inch shorter from the base of the handle to the MAX line than the current sticks in our Broncos.

Note the pics...showing side by side comparisons of overall length and max mark lengths. Also note my oil position as measured PER THE MANUAL on the "new" stick. If you want an accurate oil measurement using the procedures indicated in the manual, with 7 quarts, buy the MB3Z-6750-B. I ordered it from my dealer Friday, it came today...19.45.

Ford Bronco New correct dipstick (here's part number) solves 2.7L 7-quarts engine oil capacity / maximum fill amount mystery! 🕵🏻‍♂️ 53F71792-376B-4899-B293-B02AFB885763
Any idea if this part number has changed? I tried ordering one online and the dealer got back to me saying MB3Z-6750-B has been replaced by ford with MB3Z 6750 F. Any ideas? @flip

Reactions: Cat

Sponsored
OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The "new" replacement is the same (correct) stick as the one you tried to order but Ford decided to go with yet another number...so yes go with the 6750-F.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What broncorik said. The boneheads released the new batch of sticks with the -B suffix change and when those sold out, decided to change the suffix again to -F. Since these are on backorder "tentatively" until the end of July, I can't tell you with 100% assurance they are identical but will tell you they are identical. This -B to -F change is in suffix only, not a third design change.

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What broncorik said. The boneheads released the new batch of sticks with the -B suffix change and when those sold out, decided to change the suffix again to -F. Since these are on backorder "tentatively" until the end of July, I can't tell you with 100% assurance they are identical but will tell you they are identical. This -B to -F change is in suffix only, not a third design change.
Are you absolutely sure? I believe the F is a design change. Seems to have more space hole to hole and the leading space from the top hole to the twist is significantly different. I know I have stated this several times but I firmly believe -B was intended and never delivered and -F is a replacement for a mistake everyone missed. Which goes back to what I was told about the twist resting against a drainback hole in the skirt reinforcement causing oil to latch on and give "readability" issues. But again this is just some casual observations in the field as well as all the measuring provided in this thread.

Last edited:

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are you absolutely sure? I believe the F is a design change. Seems to have more space hole to hole and the leading space from the top hole to the twist is significantly different. I know I have stated this several times but I firmly believe -B was intended and never delivered and -F is a replacement for a mistake everyone missed. Which goes back to what I was told about the twist resting against a drainback hole in the skirt reinforcement causing oil to latch on and give "readability" issues. But again this is just some casual observations in the field as well as all the measuring provided in this thread.
You're peeing on my parade. The part number changed in the system while we still had some -B and which automatically changed when billed out. DOW showed the same suffix change when the -B part number was entered. If -B wasn't the same as -F, we would've likely gotten a stop sale/return notification or all of the claims I submitted for these would've gotten kicked. We'll know for sure when the next batch arrives sometime near the end of July but as far as I'm concerned, the sticks we've replaced now show the oil level in the "normal" range.

I truly believe someone screwed the pooch as this stick indexes to the 2.7 bronco both in the parts catalogue and in HVBOM. Was supposed to get a new suffix and the first batch was the -B, they caught the mistake and the next run will be -F. The new ones may show up and make a liar out of me but if that happens, it still doesn't change the fact the last replacements show the correct oil level now.

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not doubting oil measurement will be the same the hashes look to have identical topouts it's just a different design of the stick. I imagine there's no issues regardless of what is provided to a customer however I think they are incorrectly assuming -B is the wrong stick even though it's technically correct and is original spec for the Bronco. Going back from what I could find in engineering data -B was spec'd from the beginning however it was never ever installed. Funny enough some data talks about the original stick as well. The whole thing is a mess and I'm thinking it was a coordination issue between supplier, LEP, and program launch teams.

Sponsored

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m glad we can at least laugh about this now. At the beginning it made everyone feel crazy. I’m still curious about that Ford Authority article about the 2.7 NHTSA investigation that referenced oil pan design flaws.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just checked mine, built 5/31. LOL they covered their bets....mine is marked BF!!! Both of them.

10K_Vet

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Mine is on back order until end of July. I ordered 6750-B and it changed to F.

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

B and F sticks are different. They have the same max level but min is lower on the F stick.
Sponsored