Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My engine was built on 6/13 and has the dipstick labelled with H on top. I assume this is the old one?

MrGreen55

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota scion xb
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My engine was built on 6/13 and has the dipstick labelled with H on top. I assume this is the old one?
According to the parts program we use, the new style is used in vehicles built 5/9/22 and later. It's entirely possible Broncos on either side of that date could have the other style just because some build date breaks are not absolutely 100% accurate. The dead giveaway is the old style has an "H" on the top of the pull and the new has a black triangle.
Thanks @flip for all the info I'll be sure to check before I take delivery in 23.

Sponsored

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes C250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here it is...the definitive answer to our issues! The facts:

The correct stick is PN MB3Z-6750-B

It is 7/8 of an inch shorter from the base of the handle to the MAX line than the current sticks in our Broncos.

Note the pics...showing side by side comparisons of overall length and max mark lengths. Also note my oil position as measured PER THE MANUAL on the "new" stick. If you want an accurate oil measurement using the procedures indicated in the manual, with 7 quarts, buy the MB3Z-6750-B. I ordered it from my dealer Friday, it came today...19.45.

20220601_162510.jpg
20220601_162520.jpg
20220601_162733.jpg
Apparently MB3Z-6750-F has superseded MB3Z-6750-B. I tried ordering the "F" version from FordDiscountParts.com. Placed the order yesterday and they cancelled it this morning. I guess I could go to the local dealer and order the dipstick, but I was wondering if anyone knows where one of these Unicorns can be ordered on line?

Montaracactusgrey

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands and Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The new Bronco Raptor has a 3.0 it’s considered a ‘22 Bronco….

The only way we will know is when/if the standard 2.7 ‘22 year, post the 5/9/22 has the new “M” dip stick….

my gut tells me it won’t…
They will still provide the wrong dip stick ( the current one)

The 3.0 liter Raptor will use the MB3Z-6750-B

personally … I’ve ordered and will use the MB3Z-6750-B on my 2.7. I’m done trying convincing Ford to see the Forrest through the trees!!!
They had their chance to do the right thing and they chose poorly!!!
I’m done!!!
Flip and the OP have done us all a big favor here… I for one am grateful and want to commend them for their tremendous efforts
Flip, OP Thank you!!!!
Hi Lake Tahoe Traveler,

I am in Bay Area also and was trying to get "new" dipstick also from Serramonte Ford and they are making it difficult beyond belief. I am going to just order the MB3Z as well. The fact that this dealer cannot/wont put a bit of effort and make this easy is why I am going to continue to do scheduled maintenance myself. Best of luck to you and Happy Broncoing.

OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi Lake Tahoe Traveler,

I am in Bay Area also and was trying to get "new" dipstick also from Serramonte Ford and they are making it difficult beyond belief. I am going to just order the MB3Z as well. The fact that this dealer cannot/wont put a bit of effort and make this easy is why I am going to continue to do scheduled maintenance myself. Best of luck to you and Happy Broncoing.
It is now officially 6 quarts per the SSM and the new stick is the C model...but your OEM stick with the H handle measures 6 correctly so if you have that one no need for the C stick.

Planet_Express_IV

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It is now officially 6 quarts per the SSM and the new stick is the C model...but your OEM stick with the H handle measures 6 correctly so if you have that one no need for the C stick.
Yes and no, it depends on if you can trust the SSMs to be correct, as the one correcting the oil level states that it's really personal preference to run 6 or 7 quarts as they explicitly stated that while following the old capacity was unnecessary, it would not cause harm to the engine. They also factory fill the engine to 7.5 quarts in this application, but 6.5 on an F-150 2.7L EcoBoost for the same stated 6 quart fill. What is so different that they would require 1 more quart from the plant, but also require the same service fill? That is a bit questionable but if you follow the service directions you should be protected by the warranty.

The original FT4Z-6750-B/C sticks are supposed to be used on a 6 quart service fill.

The MB3Z-6750-B/F is meant for a 7.5 quart service fill on the 3.0L engine in the Bronco allegedly, but seems to put 7 quarts right within the ok level range for the 2.7L, so one has to wonder why they released it as a 2.7L EcoBoost dip stick initially, before they reverted back to the FT4Z-6750-C, which is the service part my April build should have been built with.

Basically by not stating that 7 quarts will damage the engine even though it would show being over filled based on the 6 quart stick which is why with the factory fill and or a 7 quart service fill as before the oil was up into the twist on some of the -B level parts. Allegedly the -C moved the twist up, but is the same length as the -B for the FT4Z parts, so is intended for 6 quarts with 6.5 being the max full mark and 5-5.5 being low.

So if you were to follow the instructions of the original owners guide you would need to switch the dip stick in order to not show over full, but if you want to follow the SSM stating the lower capacity the original stick will work.

Montaracactusgrey

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands and Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes and no, it depends on if you can trust the SSMs to be correct, as the one correcting the oil level states that it's really personal preference to run 6 or 7 quarts as they explicitly stated that while following the old capacity was unnecessary, it would not cause harm to the engine. They also factory fill the engine to 7.5 quarts in this application, but 6.5 on an F-150 2.7L EcoBoost for the same stated 6 quart fill. What is so different that they would require 1 more quart from the plant, but also require the same service fill? That is a bit questionable but if you follow the service directions you should be protected by the warranty.

The original FT4Z-6750-B/C sticks are supposed to be used on a 6 quart service fill.

The MB3Z-6750-B/F is meant for a 7.5 quart service fill on the 3.0L engine in the Bronco allegedly, but seems to put 7 quarts right within the ok level range for the 2.7L, so one has to wonder why they released it as a 2.7L EcoBoost dip stick initially, before they reverted back to the FT4Z-6750-C, which is the service part my April build should have been built with.

Basically by not stating that 7 quarts will damage the engine even though it would show being over filled based on the 6 quart stick which is why with the factory fill and or a 7 quart service fill as before the oil was up into the twist on some of the -B level parts. Allegedly the -C moved the twist up, but is the same length as the -B for the FT4Z parts, so is intended for 6 quarts with 6.5 being the max full mark and 5-5.5 being low.

So if you were to follow the instructions of the original owners guide you would need to switch the dip stick in order to not show over full, but if you want to follow the SSM stating the lower capacity the original stick will work.
Oh man. I guess this is why “they” say not to get a first gen, huh?
I understand the SSM says 6qts and the other SSM says dipstick is correct BUT this is still confusing to me and I think the MBEZ and 7 qts are right for the following reasons:

The published manual I just downloaded from ford.com still says 7 qts.
As does the service manual.
When I received delivery of bronco 2 months ago the oil level was well above the max fill line (assume it was the 7.5qt factory fill)
When I just change the oil 2 weeks ago and added 6.5 qts it went up to the bend (above max fill line). Yes, I waited 3 hrs for oil to drain, it was at operating temp, I cracked filter housing, and opened fill cap.

Sponsored

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
SSM official to dealers not to owners…. Owners don’t get SSM

OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh man. I guess this is why “they” say not to get a first gen, huh?
I understand the SSM says 6qts and the other SSM says dipstick is correct BUT this is still confusing to me and I think the MBEZ and 7 qts are right for the following reasons:

The published manual I just downloaded from ford.com still says 7 qts.
As does the service manual.
When I received delivery of bronco 2 months ago the oil level was well above the max fill line (assume it was the 7.5qt factory fill)
When I just change the oil 2 weeks ago and added 6.5 qts it went up to the bend (above max fill line). Yes, I waited 3 hrs for oil to drain, it was at operating temp, I cracked filter housing, and opened fill cap.
If you check the current HTML owner's manuals on the Ford website for the 2022 Broncos they have been updated to reflect 6 quarts:

Screenshot_20220813-173645_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220813-173921_Chrome.jpg

OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you check the current HTML owner's manuals on the Ford website for the 2022 Broncos they have been updated to reflect 6 quarts:

Screenshot_20220813-173645_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220813-173921_Chrome.jpg
One is build date before June the other is after...both are now 6 quarts.

OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
One is build date before June the other is after...both are now 6 quarts.
And note that although the SSM, meant for dealers, said running 7 quarts is ok, the owners manual, intended for us, states:

Screenshot_20220813-174342_Chrome.jpg

Not sure why Ford would send out conflicting information between the SSM and the owner's manual (unless the SSM is worded so dealers can avoid sending out thousands of notices for owners to come in and have a quart drained off for all the customers who had 7 installed from the factory). The factory fill capacity is just a number to us because we didn't factory fill our Broncos.

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Or replacing 1000’s of sticks that are wrong
Sponsored