Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Dipsticks wouldn’t be a recall anyway, they aren’t safety related.

And why would they care about replacing a few dipsticks anyway? It’s not like that many Broncos have even been built yet. That’s a tiny drop in the bucket to a big company like Ford.

Just sounds like more conjecture without any proof to me.
Sponsored

OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dipsticks wouldn’t be a recall anyway, they aren’t safety related.

And why would they care about replacing a few dipsticks anyway? It’s not like that many Broncos have even been built yet. That’s a tiny drop in the bucket to a big company like Ford.

Just sounds like more conjecture without any proof to me.
I agree a thousand percent. One would think that Ford would be more concerned about the actual amount of oil that ideally should be in their engine (and address the issue accordingly).

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I agree a thousand percent. One would think that Ford would be more concerned about the actual amount of oil that ideally should be in their engine (and address the issue accordingly).
Up to you, but you might want to edit this post. People are still comprehending the original post as correct information. Just a thought.

Contact

Big Bend
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend. FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Confused here. I have a 2021 Big Bend 2.7L. What is the correct dip stick to use? The start of this thread says mb3z-6750 B/F. Then later it changes to FT4Z-6750. No BS or detailed substantiated prolonged answer, just the fact please. TY

OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Confused here. I have a 2021 Big Bend 2.7L. What is the correct dip stick to use? The start of this thread says mb3z-6750 B/F. Then later it changes to FT4Z-6750. No BS or detailed substantiated prolonged answer, just the fact please. TY
If you have an H on your yellow handle it will accurately measure 6 quarts. If you have a 2021, I would wager you have a stick with an H.

Sponsored

Contact

Big Bend
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend. FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If you have an H on your yellow handle it will accurately measure 6 quarts. If you have a 2021, I would wager you have a stick with an H.
It does have an H. Last oil change by dealer took 7 quarts.

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It does have an H. Last oil change by dealer took 7 quarts.
You need to order MB3Z-6750-F from your dealer if you want it to read full with 7qts for the 2.7.... this is the one I have bought and it works...

ksdon

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Mine with the H with 6 quarts shows half way between the bottom and the top holes.
With 6.5 quarts it shows at the top hole. With 7 quarts it shows above the top hole up into the twist of the dip stick.

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I haven't been following this conversation since it was universally agreed that the proper capacity for the 2.7L was 7 quarts (confirmed supposedly directly by engineering via various dealer reps on these forums).

I ordered the MB3Z-6750-F when it was discovered that A. this stick accurately measured 7 quarts, and B. that this stick was (at that time) listed as the correct stick for the 2.7L. It's arriving this week.

Just trying to catch up: am I to now understand that

1. Despite confirmation multiple times DIRECTLY from ford engineering sources that the 2.7L oil capacity was 7 quarts, it is now the assertion that the 2.7L was always only supposed to run 6 quarts?
2. Despite the fact that the factory oil fill on ALL 2.7L Broncos were far beyond the max fill line on the supplied (6 quart) dipstick, it is now the assertion that the original dipstick is the correct dipstick for the 2.7L?

So this means that Ford themselves were overfilling every Bronco 2.7 produced up to this point by ~17%?

Kind of sounds like the far more likely explanation is that every 2.7L Bronco was intended to have a 7 quart capacity, AND that running 7 quarts in no way threatens to damage the engine by being "overfilled," since every Bronco 2.7 manufactured up to this point was "overfilled" from factory...

Lake Tahoe Traveler

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2dr BL SASQ, & 1975 Bronco Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi Lake Tahoe Traveler,

I am in Bay Area also and was trying to get "new" dipstick also from Serramonte Ford and they are making it difficult beyond belief. I am going to just order the MB3Z as well. The fact that this dealer cannot/wont put a bit of effort and make this easy is why I am going to continue to do scheduled maintenance myself. Best of luck to you and Happy Broncoing.
I too see Ford has gone with 6 quarts.
I will be doing my own maintenance as the dealerships are the last to the table to these types of issues….

Full synthetic (BASE) oil is what I will be using.
Wishing you many happy miles in your new Bronco…
Tahotrvlr

Sponsored

We_Love_Tacos

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition 2Dr Lightning Blue
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I’m unfollowing this thread because it’s nightmare fuel. 🤣😂

Have fun!

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes C250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes and no, it depends on if you can trust the SSMs to be correct, as the one correcting the oil level states that it's really personal preference to run 6 or 7 quarts as they explicitly stated that while following the old capacity was unnecessary, it would not cause harm to the engine. They also factory fill the engine to 7.5 quarts in this application, but 6.5 on an F-150 2.7L EcoBoost for the same stated 6 quart fill. What is so different that they would require 1 more quart from the plant, but also require the same service fill? That is a bit questionable but if you follow the service directions you should be protected by the warranty.

The original FT4Z-6750-B/C sticks are supposed to be used on a 6 quart service fill.

The MB3Z-6750-B/F is meant for a 7.5 quart service fill on the 3.0L engine in the Bronco allegedly, but seems to put 7 quarts right within the ok level range for the 2.7L, so one has to wonder why they released it as a 2.7L EcoBoost dip stick initially, before they reverted back to the FT4Z-6750-C, which is the service part my April build should have been built with.

Basically by not stating that 7 quarts will damage the engine even though it would show being over filled based on the 6 quart stick which is why with the factory fill and or a 7 quart service fill as before the oil was up into the twist on some of the -B level parts. Allegedly the -C moved the twist up, but is the same length as the -B for the FT4Z parts, so is intended for 6 quarts with 6.5 being the max full mark and 5-5.5 being low.

So if you were to follow the instructions of the original owners guide you would need to switch the dip stick in order to not show over full, but if you want to follow the SSM stating the lower capacity the original stick will work.
I like the way you are thinking!

Apple Blossom

Outer Banks
First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am going to have my dealer take a picture of the stick on delivery and fill to there in the future. If it’s over the full mark at the start and takes 7liters to get there on the first oil change I will order a new stick. Does this sound ok?

OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You need to order MB3Z-6750-F from your dealer if you want it to read full with 7qts for the 2.7.... this is the one I have bought and it works...
If you want a stick that reads 10 quarts on your Bronco I am sure you can find one of those too...the real question should be do you want to follow the latest SSM/updated owner's manual (6 quarts) or buy a dipstick that is now clearly indicated in the parts catalog as for the Raptor? Apparently some folks prefer 7...others are opting to follow the latest information from Ford. Hopefully those in both camps will have many miles of happy motoring and no warranty issues if things don't go well.
Sponsored