First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok....just more speculation then. Thanks for clearing that up.
My whole problem with this situation is; why is Ford still initially filling the engine with 7.5qts of oil. There is not 1.5qts of oil left in the engine after you drain the oil.....even with 2 turbochargers in the system.
I've worked on all kinds of engines over my 68 years and never run across an engine that retained that much oil when drained.
I think the SSM (which we all know probably 95% Bronco owners except in this forum) will never read, although it says 7.5, can only be considered as actual practice if anyone with a build that happened AFTER the SSM can share what level their oil is at using either H stick. If in fact the engine line does a 7.5 quart initial fill, there is no way that the H stick won't show overfilled. Either the dealer will catch it and drain off a quart to keep OCD customer happy during PDI, or they will use the SSM as a fallback and tell the customer that it says "7 won't hurt the engine." No explanation form Ford, of course, as to why they still keep the initial fill capacity at 7.5 in the SSM in a system now confirmed (by themselves) to have a 6 quart capacity. Doing so just drags out the current and future owners whose initial fills won't match the full mark on the dipsticks. For the dipstick recall conspiracy theorists out there, note that even by changing the capacity in the literature and the SSM to 6 from 7, that didn't negate adding yet another dipstick to the lineup...the C model.
Sponsored

AMTRV

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands 4dr, 22 6.7L Tremor, 1940 Ford Cpe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just more speculation.
Where's the FoMoCo employee that sometimes frequents this forum.....funny how he's not shown himself on this thread(or other dipstick threads) isn't it?
Dad was a Ford dealer, I was a Ford dealer back in the 80s and my brother is currently a Ford dealer. We've seen some strange stuff go on but nothing technical as this and blatantly misleading.
Strange for sure.

EDIT: All it would take for me is for Ford to explain why all of the confusion on oil levels on the 2.7 and why if 6qts is the recommended service fill, they still say the initial fill is 7.5qts.

Last edited:

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don’t really understand why everyone is stuck on the initial fill amount. Who cares? 99.9% of you will never perform an initial or dry fill for this engine lol

I understand it makes it seems confusing because nobody here knows why it says 7.5, but it makes no difference either way when you’re not doing it 🤷‍♂️

Fill the thing to the top of the dipstick (whatever dipstick you want) after an oil change, and continue to drive it.

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I don’t really understand why everyone is stuck on the initial fill amount. Who cares? 99.9% of you will never perform an initial or dry fill for this engine lol

I understand it makes it seems confusing because nobody here knows why it says 7.5, but it makes no difference either way when you’re not doing it 🤷‍♂️

Fill the thing to the top of the dipstick (whatever dipstick you want) after an oil change, and continue to drive it.
I drove 740 miles today on a over filled engine..7.5 qts…Even with my new Raptor stick in it … it did great… sure made me fill good that it was not low on oil with 6 qts… ;)

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I drove 740 miles today on a over filled engine..7.5 qts…Even with my new Raptor stick in it … it did great… sure made me fill good that it was not low on oil with 6 qts… ;)
Congratulations. Clearly makes no difference either way. Seems like a waste of money to replace a dipstick that’s already correct, but to each their own 🤷‍♂️

Sponsored

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Congratulations. Clearly makes no difference either way. Seems like a waste of money to replace a dipstick that’s already correct, but to each their own 🤷‍♂️
Not a waste of money if you want to measure the correct about of oil the Bronco was intended to hold... less then 20.00... by the way... my owners manual still states 7qt..... and my stick doesn't show over full.... :)

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Not a waste of money if you want to measure the correct about of oil the Bronco was intended to hold... less then 20.00... by the way... my owners manual still states 7qt..... and my stick doesn't show over full.... :)
Owners manual shows 6 for me. You’re still looking at the outdated owners manual bud. HTML is the newest, not the PDF version. Just a matter of time until the one you’re looking at is updated to 6 😉

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Owners manual shows 6 for me. You’re still looking at the outdated owners manual bud. HTML is the newest, not the PDF version. Just a matter of time until the one you’re looking at is updated to 6 😉
It's the one on Ford pass.... software are up to date....and recent changes was 6/24/2022... so I'm good to go with 7....

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It's the one on Ford pass.... software are up to date....and recent changes was 6/24/2022... so I'm good to go with 7....
Doesn't matter which one it is, clearly that one hasn't been updated by Ford yet. The current one is 6 quarts for a 2.7, which makes the original dipstick correct. You can argue until you're blue in the face, doesn't matter to me and still doesn't make it correct information lol

Like has been said multiple times, if you want to do 7... good for you. But it's kind of petty that you feel the need to keep posting false information on here though. All you're doing is confusing people even more.

Last edited:

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Doesn't matter which one it is, clearly that one hasn't been updated by Ford yet. The current one is 6 quarts for a 2.7, which makes the original dipstick correct. You can argue until you're blue in the face, doesn't matter to me and still doesn't make it correct information lol

Like has been said multiple times, if you want to do 7... good for you. But it's kind of petty that you feel the need to keep posting false information on here though. All you're doing is confusing people even more.
What is false????
Facts....
1. My manual say 7qt.
2. Ford has stated for over a year it is 7qt. and with 7.5 factory fill.
3. Stick has shown over full for over a year. And still does..
4. Ford didn't want to recall the sticks so they now say 6qts. which is less than they put in at the factory.
5. Ford has not notified Bronco owners of this change.
6.Some people have drank the Kool-Aid.
7. Only people that have got this notice to 6qts is Ford dealers....it is called an SSM... NO owners... No lube stores... No one....
8... Ford says don't over fill... on the stick.....but yet they continue to do so......
9 Check any new Bronco on the lot and all are over full....
10. Get the Raptor Stick if you want to run 7 like Ford puts in at the factory on all 2.7's....
MB3Z-6750-F

Last edited:

Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What is false????
Facts....
1. My manual say 7qt.
2. Ford has stated for over a year it is 7qt. and with 7.5 factory fill.
3. Stick has shown over full for over a year. And still does..
4. Ford didn't want to recall the sticks so they now say 6qts. which is less than they put in at the factory.
5. Ford has not notified Bronco owners of this change.
6.Some people have drank the Kool-Aid.
7. Only people that have got this notice to 6qts is Ford dealers....it is called an SSM... NO owners... No lube stores... No one....
8... Ford says don't over fill... on the stick.....but yet they continue to do so......
9 Check any new Bronco on the lot and all are over full....
10. Get the Raptor Stick if you want to run 7 like Ford puts in at the factory on all 2.7's....
MB3Z-670-B
It's been proven multiple times that 7 quarts is outdated information, yet you continue to ignore that fact. I can't wait until all the manuals are updated to the current correct information, because then you'll finally quit repeating old information

No kool-aid being drank here, just cold hard factual information released by Ford. Just because you haven't received it, doesn't make it any less true.

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It's been proven multiple times that 7 quarts is outdated information, yet you continue to ignore that fact. I can't wait until all the manuals are updated to the current correct information, because then you'll finally quit repeating old information

No kool-aid being drank here, just cold hard factual information released by Ford. Just because you haven't received it, doesn't make it any less true.
Which FACT is wrong...

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Which Fact is wrong??????
Doesn't matter. Stating irrelevant facts doesn't make them the current accurate information. Keep living in fantasy land buddy.
Sponsored