First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Doesn't matter. Stating irrelevant facts doesn't make them the current accurate information. Keep living in fantasy land buddy.
What I thought.... you can't disprove the Facts.... Having never been sent a SSM or actually reading an original one....other than the one posted here.... if it is for real.... it is irrelevant... have fun my friend...
Sponsored

OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What is false????
Facts....
1. My manual say 7qt.
2. Ford has stated for over a year it is 7qt. and with 7.5 factory fill.
3. Stick has shown over full for over a year. And still does..
4. Ford didn't want to recall the sticks so they now say 6qts. which is less than they put in at the factory.
5. Ford has not notified Bronco owners of this change.
6.Some people have drank the Kool-Aid.
7. Only people that have got this notice to 6qts is Ford dealers....it is called an SSM... NO owners... No lube stores... No one....
8... Ford says don't over fill... on the stick.....but yet they continue to do so......
9 Check any new Bronco on the lot and all are over full....
10. Get the Raptor Stick if you want to run 7 like Ford puts in at the factory on all 2.7's....
MB3Z-6750-F
1. Manuals are in the process of being updated. Go to the Ford manuals website, and click on the HTML version for the 2022...it now indicates 6 quarts (2021 engines are the same)
2. Unless YOU are the one doing the factory fill, the 7.5 is irrelevant.
3. It shows overfilled because it IS overfilled based on the LATEST information. It you keep 7 quarts in it with a 6 quart stick, yes it will CONTINUE to show overfilled...forever...that is how dipsticks work.
4. Time to ditch the "stick recall" theory...Ford has already swapped out the stick PNs THREE times. If they were trying to hide it, and avoid a "recall," they would have simply stuck with the first stick...but the new (correct) number is the C stick...NOT the Raptor stick. You don't own a Raptor, do you? If not, you are using the wrong stick.
5. Agree that Ford communication is virtually non-existent...but by updating the owner's manual, they ARE making that information available to the owners...and the SSM made the information available to the dealers.
6. ? Some people follow the latest information from Ford, other people insist on clinging to outdated information. Information changes. I assume you own a computer and/or a cell phone? If so, I imagine you (hopefully) have allowed regular updates...
7. Dealers got an SSM, owners can access the new HTML...lube joints typically will use a DIPSTICK (you know, the one you have that measures 6) to confirm oil level and a database (that is now updated or in the process of being updated) for the baseline.
8. You have no clue if that is accurate unless you take delivery of a build that was after the SSM.
9. Because MOST if not ALL of them were built BEFORE the SSM.
10. You can run as many quarts as YOU want regardless of what stick you use...no idea why you feel the need to keep pushing the wrong stick on this forum for folks who want to be informed of the latest updates.

Last edited:

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What is false????
Facts....
1. My manual say 7qt.
2. Ford has stated for over a year it is 7qt. and with 7.5 factory fill.
3. Stick has shown over full for over a year. And still does..
4. Ford didn't want to recall the sticks so they now say 6qts. which is less than they put in at the factory.
5. Ford has not notified Bronco owners of this change.
6.Some people have drank the Kool-Aid.
7. Only people that have got this notice to 6qts is Ford dealers....it is called an SSM... NO owners... No lube stores... No one....
8... Ford says don't over fill... on the stick.....but yet they continue to do so......
9 Check any new Bronco on the lot and all are over full....
10. Get the Raptor Stick if you want to run 7 like Ford puts in at the factory on all 2.7's....
MB3Z-6750-F
Which FACT is wrong...
#4 Is not a fact, it's your opinion.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Doesn't matter. Stating irrelevant facts doesn't make them the current accurate information. Keep living in fantasy land buddy.
He’s just trolling now. Step away from the Whack-A-Troll machine. You’ll never win this one.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sponsored

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

He’s just trolling now. Step away from the Whack-A-Troll machine. You’ll never win this one.
Unfortunately he's also providing wrong information to other users.

AMTRV

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands 4dr, 22 6.7L Tremor, 1940 Ford Cpe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What does Ford currently say is the initial fill?
I know that mine showed at least one quart over full on my dipstick when I recieved it.....and I know I'm not the only one.

Planet_Express_IV

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Basically it is an unknown reason why they over filled the engine at the factory, but the messaging is being cleared up to say that it should be a 6 quart service fill.

Due to the fact that they have units in the field already running 7 quart service fills, and the unknown 7.5 quart dry fill they can't issue a blanket statement saying to never fill them to 7 quarts due to liability that would expose them to this being an admission that the factory fill would cause damage, and some people thus want to cling to the 7 quart service fill.

The current status is supposed to be 6 quarts with the FT4Z-6750-B/C dip stick for this oil level, so either follow the latest directives from the company or believe that the company is wrong and try to ignore the directives just because your precious html owners guide in the vehicle wasn't updated yet or an older PDF is floating around.

If you want to run 7, go ahead, but stop fighting over it and know that while they shouldn't use it as an excuse to void any warranties they may have grounds to say you didn't follow the proper maintenance procedures.

AMTRV

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Who said that they overfilled the engine at the factory? Yes, it showed a quart over on the original dipstick, but who's to say it was the correct dipstick?
Unless I'm mistaken, the initial fill is still 7.5qts.
I'm of the opinion to use 6, or 7, whichever floats your boat. Ford said it doesn't matter.
They still ship them with 7.5 initial fill which translates to draining 7 quarts when you change the oil the first time.......so that's what I'll use and I marked my original stick for 7.
How could anyone say that the "initial fill" doesn't matter? Most folks run thousands of miles on the initial fill.
My point is that Ford is obviously good with it.
We can speculate forever, but what's good for Ford is good for me.
(and oh yes, I know that after over a year Ford changed the service fill from 7 to 6qts)LOL!

OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Who said that they overfilled the engine at the factory? Yes, it showed a quart over on the original dipstick, but who's to say it was the correct dipstick?
Unless I'm mistaken, the initial fill is still 7.5qts.
I'm of the opinion to use 6, or 7, whichever floats your boat. Ford said it doesn't matter.
They still ship them with 7.5 initial fill which translates to draining 7 quarts when you change the oil the first time.......so that's what I'll use and I marked my original stick for 7.
How could anyone say that the "initial fill" doesn't matter? Most folks run thousands of miles on the initial fill.
My point is that Ford is obviously good with it.
We can speculate forever, but what's good for Ford is good for me.
(and oh yes, I know that after over a year Ford changed the service fill from 7 to 6qts)LOL!
[/QUOTE
As was so well said in the prior post, run whatever you want...but if you care at all about what has been determined (by Ford, not forum members) to be the "correct" amount of oil in the pan, it is now 6. If what is good for Ford is good for you, you may want to follow their latest information updates. If they flip flop again and go to 7, which is doubtful, then that will be the latest information...but until then I'm not sure about the logic of sticking with outdated information.

Sponsored

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
FWIW my html manual (just accessed at 3:32pm PT) shows 6.6L => 6.974qts

AMTRV

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Most all have seen that…….you win…..I’ll run 7…..you run 6 🤣
Wait! One more thing:
“The absence of fact is where speculation flourishes”

have a great evening

Last edited:
OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Most all have seen that…….you win…..I’ll run 7…..you run 6 🤣
Wait! One more thing:
“The absence of fact is where speculation flourishes”

have a great evening
Ford issued an SSM that indicates 6 quarts is correct, and they added a new stick to the parts catalog that measures those 6 quarts accurately. If you call any Ford dealer and ask for the correct stick for your vehicle, THAT is the stick they will provide. If you call your dealer and ask a service manager how much oil you should put in your Bronco (or how much oil their dealership will add after an oil change), he or she will tell you 6 quarts. What, exactly, is the speculation?

AMTRV

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford issued an SSM that indicates 6 quarts is correct, and they added a new stick to the parts catalog that measures those 6 quarts accurately. If you call any Ford dealer and ask for the correct stick for your vehicle, THAT is the stick they will provide. If you call your dealer and ask a service manager how much oil you should put in your Bronco (or how much oil their dealership will add after an oil change), he or she will tell you 6 quarts. What, exactly, is the speculation?
Didn’t I just say “You win!”👍
Sponsored