First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 KTM 1290R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This happened to me, I purchased a new Ford Edge. Fast forward 4 years I was in a minor fender bender when someone backed into me. I took it to the body shop and the mechanic told me this car was hit before and fixed. I told him that was impossible because I bought it brand new. He showed me the aftermarket headlight and how the quarter panel didnā€™t match. I was pissed the dealer sold me a new car that was previously damaged without my knowledge.
Yeah, this happens, sadly.

I had repaired a few new vehicles, that were damaged off the transport or from an accidental 'nudge and run' when it was on the lot or out for a test drive.

If you don't notice something is off, they will never tell you and still sell it as a new vehicle. It can come back to haunt you and/or the dealership if the damaged area is part of a recall or the vehicle is involved in a fender-bender and taken in for repair/estimate.

The place I worked at just took those vehicles as dealer demo's (that sales people drove) and sold them at a 'discount' if it had the options, trim, or color someone was looking for.

I'm not sure if it was ever mentioned to the buyer that it had been damaged, but I'd bet on it was never brought up.
Sponsored

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

When I was about 18 I special ordered a new Geo Tracker. Waited a couple months for it to come in. I get the call it is in so I go over to the dealer and my heart sunk. An old lady had backed up into it and crunched the fender really bad and maybe some of the door I can't remember. The dealer talked me into letting them fix it before I cancelled the order, that they would make it like new with new parts. A few days later I check it out and they did a crappy bondo job on it. Also it was metallic red and the paint repair was terrible. I passed on it and went and bought an Eagle Talon TSI AWD.

Yukon65006

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Jeep Patriot, 06 BMW F650GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cars get beat up before sale all the time. If you ask to see a cars file it will be in there if work has been done. We used ro see a lot of hood and roof damage from being stacked on transporters.
There is a reason rail transports have side covering on them now. Cars use to roll out of the Lordstown plant on rail when I was a kid. At that time there was no side covering on the rail cars so the entire fleet was exposed. I may have witness youths with slingshots, 22lr, rocks, ext... taking aim at windows.

BDBrian1

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah, this happens, sadly.

I had repaired a few new vehicles, that were damaged off the transport or from an accidental 'nudge and run' when it was on the lot or out for a test drive.

If you don't notice something is off, they will never tell you and still sell it as a new vehicle. It can come back to haunt you and/or the dealership if the damaged area is part of a recall or the vehicle is involved in a fender-bender and taken in for repair/estimate.

The place I worked at just took those vehicles as dealer demo's (that sales people drove) and sold them at a 'discount' if it had the options, trim, or color someone was looking for.

I'm not sure if it was ever mentioned to the buyer that it had been damaged, but I'd bet on it was never brought up.
Thatā€™s what the mechanic said. It happens on the dealers lot all the time. I was just pissed because I was not told or discounted. You donā€™t think of these things when youā€™re buying a ā€œnewā€ car. Lesson learned! šŸ˜©

Sponsored

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

There is a reason rail transports have side covering on them now. Cars use to roll out of the Lordstown plant on rail when I was a kid. At that time there was no side covering on the rail cars so the entire fleet was exposed. I may have witness youths with slingshots, 22lr, rocks, ext... taking aim at windows.
Not to mention the fallout from the rail. If I ever get stuck at a train crossing I'll try to turn around to get away from it.

level3looper

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Saw a brand new Bronco Sport at the dealer with some serious damage. The window sticker is still in place. Not sure it ever left the lot. This is also why I plan to be at the dealer when my Bronco is unloaded from the truck.
F494DDAF-0218-4025-9AB2-CFECEE668F3E.jpeg
0E1A855C-BC3F-419A-948D-01A717FD9078.jpeg

By the impact location, it looks more like the other drivers fault to me. Possibly a "is that a new Bronco" moment and forgot to stop at an intersection. Probably a good idea for us, soon to be new owners, to be cautious and allow right of way while other drivers gawk.

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
Saw a brand new Bronco Sport at the dealer with some serious damage. The window sticker is still in place. Not sure it ever left the lot. This is also why I plan to be at the dealer when my Bronco is unloaded from the truck.
When I went to pick up the first new car I purchased (1988) the salesman notified me it was involved in an accident. The salesman himself had crashed into someone the entire front end was crumpled. What was he doing driving the car out on the road anyway? The crazy thing is he said the car was in the shop and would be ready in a few weeks. I don't think so! He actually thought I was still going to buy the car!!!

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'm pretty sure you won't know/dealer won't tell you when the delivery transport will show up. Besides, they'll need a day to finalize the build etc before you can pick up.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You and I have different definitions of "serious damage."

:)

Sponsored

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Serious enough to make me not want that car. I can only imagine what kind of damage gets repaired and sold as new.

level3looper

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was hit by a School Bus - impact at the driver side rear. I did a full 360 on impact. Doesn't look like much, but the Insurance company declared it totaled from frame damage. and... Yes... this is why I won't be getting Cyber Orange!
Ford Bronco New Damaged Bronco Sport at Dealership IMAG2189

Ford Bronco New Damaged Bronco Sport at Dealership IMAG2188

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I worked at a Pontiac dealer in 1977 when a transport came in with new Grand Prix's and the one's on top had their roofs smashed in from a very large low hanging tree branch.
It was fun driving them to the body shop with your head sideways.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford Bronco New Damaged Bronco Sport at Dealership Hold  my beer