Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gmc
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I would MUCH rather have a hitch receiver that sits under the bumper or flush, then add an extender when needed. As opposed to destroying my leg every time I go in the trunk :D
Ditto- also not sure the extra leverage on the frame when towing would make me feel great...OEM receiver for towing & tube extender (if needed) for my bike rack.
Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Not sure about extended tube, when loading rear storage area with gate open this could be a real shinbone killer. After all, you can't even open back hatch without opening gate so it would always be in the way.
Oh Lord Mark, I was so happy to see the extended tube on this hitch until you stated the obvious. I laughed, I cried, it was an emotional rooler coaster. ;)

I guess I'll still go with the Curt hitch, and use that dang hitch extender that I have for my Jeep.

@bytheway Thanks for posting this Brice. I was elated there for a skinny minute, and then along came Mark. :)

Clean68

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Bronco, 2008 Triumph Thuxton
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I ordered the CURT #C76WR from etrailer. Won't arrive until early November allegedly, but has a regular/short hitch tube which won't hurt much on the departure angle. I have an extension already to use with the hitch when needed.

c76WR | etrailer.com

What are you using for wiring?

Thurmy7

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban, Tacoma, Patriot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bought the Curt T-Connector Wiring Harness (Part #C42WR) from etrailer and it arrived last weekend. I likely won't do the install until next weekend. The direction seem easy enough. I installed a similar T-connector on my TJ several years ago and it worked fine whenever needed.

Scsoren

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

W
I ordered the CURT #C76WR from etrailer. Won't arrive until early November allegedly, but has a regular/short hitch tube which won't hurt much on the departure angle. I have an extension already to use with the hitch when needed.

c76WR | etrailer.com
I put this on our Bronco and we love it! What extension are you using? We bought the Yakima Straight Shot and it still wobbles even with bolt tightened.

Sponsored

Thurmy7

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban, Tacoma, Patriot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

W

I put this on our Bronco and we love it! What extension are you using? We bought the Yakima Straight Shot and it still wobbles even with bolt tightened.
I don't recall the brand, but it might actually be Yakima because I remember getting it with a bike carrier a few years ago. I've also got an extension with a step up/down that I think was from Curt via etrailer. You can never have too many trailer hitch options.

KAQ

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru Crosstreck
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Has anyone installed this hitch yet? Curious to see a pic of how long it sticks out

Freebird32

Outer Banks
First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 F150 4x4, 82 Toyota 4x4 orig owner, 08 Z06
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I just got the Drawtite hitch. I trial fit on my 2022 Bronco and it has about a 3/8 inch gap in the hitch channel to frame cross member fit. I don’t think i can pull that gap together (ie deform the 1/4 inch steel plates) by torquing the mounting bolts. See attached pic.
Ford Bronco New Draw-Tite Trailer Hitch for 2021 Bronco 13223E54-7C5E-4D68-B2C2-7D0EEE4ABBFD

BWepps

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just got the Drawtite hitch. I trial fit on my 2022 Bronco and it has about a 3/8 inch gap in the hitch channel to frame cross member fit. I don’t think i can pull that gap together (ie deform the 1/4 inch steel plates) by torquing the mounting bolts. See attached pic.
Ford Bronco New Draw-Tite Trailer Hitch for 2021 Bronco 13223E54-7C5E-4D68-B2C2-7D0EEE4ABBFD
Wow. That's a big gap.

I bought the Rough Country Hitch for $99 and Yakima's Straight Shot 7.75" Hitch Extender. It's got a tightening bolt so you don't have a ton of slop in the hitch and clears the spare tire.

Freebird32

Outer Banks
First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I called Etrailer the person I spoke with said to hit the plate with a rubber mallet. I think even the rubber mallet would be cringing on that, ha. I called the manufacturing supplier he looked at drawing which showed channel should be approx. 2.8 inches. I measured mine at 3 and 3/32 wide. He suggested using grade 8 washers or a steel plate to fill gap.
I was looking at Curt hitch but if you use an extender you ‘technically’ lose 20% of towed weight capacity for every foot you extend.

Sponsored

BWepps

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I called Etrailer the person I spoke with said to hit the plate with a rubber mallet. I think even the rubber mallet would be cringing on that, ha. I called the manufacturing supplier he looked at drawing which showed channel should be approx. 2.8 inches. I measured mine at 3 and 3/32 wide. He suggested using grade 8 washers or a steel plate to fill gap.
I was looking at Curt hitch but if you use an extender you ‘technically’ lose 20% of towed weight capacity for every foot you extend.
Agreed.

I'm not planning to tow anything with the extender. I'd only tow without it. The Yakima Straightshot clearly states that's it is not for towing. It's only purpose is that I can fold up a hitch mounted bike rack as it clears the spare tire.

sgraing1

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond.A Bunch More Junk.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I would return it. A drilled plate would work fine to take up the gap. However,why should you have to screw around with a new item that does not fit properly.

Freebird32

Outer Banks
First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I thought about returning but easier for me to make plate. No guarantee that 2nd one did not have gap.
So already made my spacer, fits good takes out the gap. 1/4 inch x 1.5 inch mild steel. I traced holes on back side of frame member. They must be die punched. Not symmetrical spacing.
Ford Bronco New Draw-Tite Trailer Hitch for 2021 Bronco 7C17B013-1FA7-422F-B716-A80D1F5392E2

Ford Bronco New Draw-Tite Trailer Hitch for 2021 Bronco 4DE4B249-2FB6-4DAA-87CA-7370AC79F51B

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Ford Bronco New Draw-Tite Trailer Hitch for 2021 Bronco 4DE4B249-2FB6-4DAA-87CA-7370AC79F51B
You sure you received the right one?

Freebird32

Outer Banks
First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Drawtite Part number 76527 matches on instructions that came with. Hitch has no number stamped or labeled, other than load specs.
But it fits now. took me longer to make these posts than it did to fabricate spacer. How many applications/minor deviations would be that close with holes that line up? I think more like sloppy QA On dimensions. Welds look good though.
Sponsored