First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Warehouse site in South Bend? (I'm from South Bend, recently moved 30 min. South)

Deano Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was looking up Draw-Tite hitches this morning at work and noticed they now offer one for 2021 Bronco. I like the design because it has an extended receiver tube to clear the spare tire. I'm a Draw-Tite dealer so I checked pricing and availablity. They don't show any in-stock yet, and I would guess retail would land between $120-$150. I'll keep an eye out if they come in stock.

https://www.draw-tite.com/product/76527_trailer-hitch-class-iii-2-in-receiver

Ford Bronco New Draw-Tite Trailer Hitch for 2021 Bronco dtbr

Definitely like the extended receiver tube. Do you see DrawTite eventually selling a plug and play trailer wiring system for the Bronco? The hitch part seems pretty straight forward but the wiring seems a little sketchy. Although I have done it plenty in the past, I'm not into splicing into wiring and running wires to the battery as some as done to wire up the Bronco.

mmorgan

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC JImmy
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I was looking up Draw-Tite hitches this morning at work and noticed they now offer one for 2021 Bronco. I like the design because it has an extended receiver tube to clear the spare tire. I'm a Draw-Tite dealer so I checked pricing and availablity. They don't show any in-stock yet, and I would guess retail would land between $120-$150. I'll keep an eye out if they come in stock.

Install directions: https://www.draw-tite.com/product-assets/install/N76527.pdf
No bumper removal, 25 minute install.

https://www.draw-tite.com/product/76527_trailer-hitch-class-iii-2-in-receiver

Not sure about extended tube, when loading rear storage area with gate open this could be a real shinbone killer. After all, you can't even open back hatch without opening gate so it would always be in the way.

Sponsored

Deano Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure about extended tube, when loading rear storage area with gate open this could be a real shinbone killer. After all, you can't even open back hatch without opening gate so it would always be in the way.
Yep, you are exactly right. It's been awhile since I've nailed my shin on a hitch so completely glossed over that aspect.

foreWard

Badlands
First Name
Ward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep GC Trailhawk, 2003 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would MUCH rather have a hitch receiver that sits under the bumper or flush, then add an extender when needed. As opposed to destroying my leg every time I go in the trunk :D

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I have an Draw-tite 4500/675 extended one like that on my JK. It is much beefier than the stock mopar one (which is much beefier than the stock Ford Bronco one). It helps protect from dropping off a ledge and hitting the spare. It also helps for load balancing hitches and clearance from underneath the spare for bike racks, etc..

Of course I'd still prefer a class IV receiver that runs frame rail to frame rail for increased ruggedness off road, but this is better than the stock one.

Bituman

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S-Works Roubaix, Vassago Mooseknuckle, Turner Czar
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I like the extended receiver because it would allow me to mount my bike rack without using an extension to clear the spare. And yes, I would bang my shins a few times before muscle memory takes over and avoids that.

Sponsored
OP
OP
bytheway

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good point, had not considered that. It did seem that folks were having trouble with hooking up trailers that cleared the spare. I saw one video where they had to open the gate to uncouple the trailer because the latch was hitting the tire. Some give & take with either design I suppose.

Definitely like the extended receiver tube. Do you see DrawTite eventually selling a plug and play trailer wiring system for the Bronco? The hitch part seems pretty straight forward but the wiring seems a little sketchy. Although I have done it plenty in the past, I'm not into splicing into wiring and running wires to the battery as some as done to wire up the Bronco.
I went with the factory tow package because I wanted the 7-way. Doesn't look like there is anything plug and play available yet, but they do show some splice-in Tekonska adapters to get a 4-way. Not sure if they are developing anything yet but they have plug & play 4-way for the Wranger so I would think so. Don't hold your breath for a 7-way.

I would much rather not have it extended. Hopefully they make a short one also
Curt has a short one available now.
https://www.curtmfg.com/part/13493
https://realtruck.com/p/curt-class-iii-trailer-hitch/crt-13493/

It's the same style that Ford uses from the factory. For the light tow rating the Bronco has it will be fine. Jeeps have been using this style for years with no issue. It's absolutely safe. However, more reason for people who think they are super human and because the Bronco has the same engine as the F150 it can tow 5,000+ lbs to be cautious and follow manufacturer ratings. I'm amazed people think it is OK to tow more than what your vehicle is rated for. It's irresponsible and dangerous. In fact, if you don't order the factory tow package they say they can void your warranty if you tow over 2,000lbs.

Ford Bronco New Draw-Tite Trailer Hitch for 2021 Bronco brtow

https://www.fleet.ford.com/content/...-guides/2021_Ford_RVandTrailerTowingGuide.pdf

Mean Red GT

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door Badlands/2016 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good point, had not considered that. It did seem that folks were having trouble with hooking up trailers that cleared the spare. I saw one video where they had to open the gate to uncouple the trailer because the latch was hitting the tire. Some give & take with either design I suppose.

I went with the factory tow package because I wanted the 7-way. Doesn't look like there is anything plug and play available yet, but they do show some splice-in Tekonska adapters to get a 4-way. Not sure if they are developing anything yet but they have plug & play 4-way for the Wranger so I would think so. Don't hold your breath for a 7-way.

Curt has a short one available now.
https://www.curtmfg.com/part/13493
https://realtruck.com/p/curt-class-iii-trailer-hitch/crt-13493/

It's the same style that Ford uses from the factory. For the light tow rating the Bronco has it will be fine. Jeeps have been using this style for years with no issue. It's absolutely safe. However, more reason for people who think they are super human and because the Bronco has the same engine as the F150 it can tow 5,000+ lbs to be cautious and follow manufacturer ratings. I'm amazed people think it is OK to tow more than what your vehicle is rated for. It's irresponsible and dangerous. In fact, if you don't order the factory tow package they say they can void your warranty if you tow over 2,000lbs.

brtow.png

https://www.fleet.ford.com/content/...-guides/2021_Ford_RVandTrailerTowingGuide.pdf
This is interesting information that they can void your warranty just because you don't use their factory installed hitch and stay below it's rated towing capacity ?? I did not go with "towing package" as per the description below it doesn't add any other capabilities or towing features other than wiring and a hitch.
Ford Bronco New Draw-Tite Trailer Hitch for 2021 Bronco 1631633102216

I planned to install an aftermarket setup for around $150 myself and save $450 for other accessories. The Draw-Tite hitch is rated for more than the Bronco towing capacity and probably more than the Ford hitch is rated for.

The "towing package" on my Toyota Tundra included a Class IV hitch, electronic towing mode, and transmission cooler with transmission temperature gauge.

So for this Bronco "package" I just didn't see the value at all or am I missing something it does add other than a hitch and wiring?

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I see the Drawtite available from etrailer for $123
Sponsored