Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.asfir.com
Vehicle(s)
Subaru XV, Toyota Land-Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It's aluminum. It needs no color. It's under the rig and out of sight. Coating will just show the scratches once it hits anything. Just bare metal is best, most attractive with the least amount of cosmetic maintenance. The red has some advantage for you marketing the product; at least to people who like red. People see it on a rig, they ask a question; maybe the buy it. Looks good on a screen. But it is not a practical choice for people who will actually use it for its intended purpose, don't want red, don't want a scuffed looking accessory, and/or don't want the maintenance of painting and/or re-coating. Which is probably most of your intended market. The name thing doesn't bother me because it's underneath and practically invisible anyway. But it obviously bothers some. Not everyone wants to be a rolling advertisement; regardless of your pride, which I respect.
Thank you for your comment! bare metal / no color is our go-to usual choice too. We sometimes like to spice thing up with red but as you said - it's not for everyone.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ASFIR 4x4

ASFIR 4x4

Outer Banks
First Name
Reut
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.asfir.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I would prefer black, not powder coated. But I really like your design based on the photos and you should be justifiably proud. I’ll probably end up with a set, maybe sand blast, and paint with some type of under body paint like POR or similar. From personal experience, powder coat is way too brittle for places that can get dinged up. Would you consider selling as bare metal?
We like the color, but we can for sure consider it (and will consider it)

ITLRUN

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Glad to hear that! The other plates are listed as Wildtrack / Outer Banks as out plates were designed on these models! We haven't tried (or got feedback) as to the Badland tho. We only have these 3 models in Israel so hoping to get it test-fitted soon!
Check your messages. ;)

Sponsored

NY Bronco II

Badlands
First Name
Barney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco II, 2008 Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Our red skid-plates are powder coated. This specific product will be red but we usully don't offer color plates. You can check-it out online.

I can't comment for other manufacturers, I will only comment for us. We believe in our products, we believe in our brand and we carry it proudly - hope you choose to do the same.

Reut @ ASFIR
Awesome answer. I will definitely put this on the wish list because of your response

Bituman

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S-Works Roubaix, Vassago Mooseknuckle, Turner Czar
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Rusty Sheckelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Bookmarked in the Bronco folder for the day I finally have a new bronco lol

FifthCard

Badlands
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hear ya... but it's also under the car. Not like many are going to see it anyway. Plus it'll just get scuffed up with rocks! haha.

I'm also with the others on that control arm. I went out a few weeks ago, and my rear drivers side arm got banged up pretty bad. Still functioning, so I guess not that bad, but it took a hit more than I would've liked. some protection would be nice.
Yup.. Everyone seems to be worried about the shock mount. And it could be an issue but the way the skids are underneath for a badlands with full bash plates the only damage I took was to the driver side rear Lower control arm frame mount. Its pretty beefy but I slid into it. I would like something to protect them a little more.

Neps

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MX-5, Focus EV, F150, F350, Scout II (2)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can you offer without the vendor name?

As others have said I have no desire to place vendor ads all over my Bronco or any other vehicle for that matter. When did this self advertisement become so prominent.

Sponsored

JeebusCripes

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘94 M998, ‘89 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP. Thanks for the engagement in the thread and being willing to take suggestions on other paint colors/bare metal. I appreciate that you’re willing to engage with the community.

I love the idea of this product and I’d be down for bare metal as an option or black.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As others have said I have no desire to place vendor ads all over my Bronco or any other vehicle for that matter. When did this self advertisement become so prominent.

When? Who knows. I can remember all the way back to the 70s when you couldn't buy a truck without the dealers name engraved into the rear bumper, so I guess it's been going on for a while.

OP
OP
ASFIR 4x4

ASFIR 4x4

Outer Banks
First Name
Reut
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.asfir.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@ASFIR 4x4
Can you provide more info on your side protection/step combo? Are these sliders or not up to that task? I see they say hi-lift compatible.

https://www.asfir.com/side-step-599652c.html
Ford Bronco New drop! Rear shocks armor skid plate cover by ASFIR 1642716673392
Unfortunately there was a content mistake on our website (now fixed). These side-steps were not tested with high-lift thus, we don't recommend it as sliders.
We'll look into it when we get another Bronco for fittings and come back with a solid yes / no answer.

Most of what we call "side-steps" are actually sliders as they are hi-lift compatible (tested! ;)) and can act as sliders as they are very durable. This product was designed to act as a step and cover the lower exposed chassis (the black cover).

I'm sorry for the mistake and thank you for your question that brought it up to my attention.
Reut @ ASFIR

OP
OP
ASFIR 4x4

ASFIR 4x4

Outer Banks
First Name
Reut
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.asfir.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Hey Mike, happy you're here :)
We don't sell our products without our name on it. It is a business desicion (which i've commented in this thread before) as well as an emotional desicion for us. Asfir is a combination of two Hebrew names - Asaf and Ofir. Asaf is a family member that was killed in combat as an IDF soldier when he was only 19 years old. Being a family-run business, this is one of the family's ways of keeping his legacy alive.

We completely understand, and respect each person's feelings, and hope we can meet up on the trails and have a great time together even if you decide this is not the right skid for you (for whatever reason).

Hope you'll find the product that fits your needs!

Reut @ ASFIR
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.