First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like these. To me the problem is powder coating. It can't take the abuse and once water gets under it, it starts to peel. A better solution is ordinary paint. That way it can easily be touched up with a spray bomb, if a person was so inclined.
Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like these. To me the problem is powder coating. It can't take the abuse and once water gets under it, it starts to peel. A better solution is ordinary paint. That way it can easily be touched up with a spray bomb, if a person was so inclined.
Agreed.
Once I get mine this spring, plan is to media blast and paint a matte black urethane single stage on top of etch primer. Touch up with a rattle can of similar color as needed.

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So they do got protectors coming out for the front too
When I made the comment, I was specifically looking at plates for both the rear control arm connection with the chassis as well as where it connects to the axle (which is there one on this thread). It would not be anything on the front control arms.

Murraydog11

Outer Banks
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2Dr Outer Banks, Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hello everyone!

We're happy to announce a new product at asfir.com for the Ford Bronco - aluminum skid-plate protection for the Rear Shocks.

Go online at asfir.com for all the latest updates and products for the new Ford BRONCO !
Don't forget to use bro_5 at checkout for an extra 5% discount on all BRONCO products.
* Lead times are app. 1-2 weeks (excluding shipping times). For updated lead-time feel free to contact us here or at [email protected]

All the best,
Reut @ ASFIR

** Asfir 4x4 is an Israeli based manufacturer of 4x4 accessories. With 35 years of experience and passion for off-roading, we design & develop military grade underbody armor to fit your overlanding needs!
Made out of premium aluminum it is a 100% DIY bolt-on install. **
WhatsApp Image 2022-01-20 at 1.39.26 PM.jpeg
Very nice indeed!

t3n2and4

Badlands
First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, F150, VW CC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hear ya... but it's also under the car. Not like many are going to see it anyway. Plus it'll just get scuffed up with rocks! haha.

I'm also with the others on that control arm. I went out a few weeks ago, and my rear drivers side arm got banged up pretty bad. Still functioning, so I guess not that bad, but it took a hit more than I would've liked. some protection would be nice.
I had a similar experience with our F150 last summer.

Sponsored

WarthogJr

Black Diamond
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don’t mind the name on the product. I just don’t want red accents like on Jeep. Give me black and we have a deal.
But you could refer to it as the "ass fire" on your Bronco.

OP
OP
ASFIR 4x4

ASFIR 4x4

Outer Banks
First Name
Reut
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.asfir.com
Vehicle(s)
Subaru XV, Toyota Land-Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Checking out the skid plates on your site also. They are listed for Wildtrack and Outerbanks. I assume these will also fit the Badlands if the factory skid plates are removed? Great looking products!
Glad to hear that! The other plates are listed as Wildtrack / Outer Banks as out plates were designed on these models! We haven't tried (or got feedback) as to the Badland tho. We only have these 3 models in Israel so hoping to get it test-fitted soon!

69BroncoX302

First Edition
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 U15, 2021 First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I would buy these, but I am not spending 73 dollars on shipping.

Ford Bronco New drop! Rear shocks armor skid plate cover by ASFIR 1642708033468

Sponsored
OP
OP
ASFIR 4x4

ASFIR 4x4

Outer Banks
First Name
Reut
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.asfir.com
Vehicle(s)
Subaru XV, Toyota Land-Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Why doesn't the skid plate also cover the bottom of the shock?
We were interested in protecting the added reservoir from little rocks and hits that can occur during the drive from the "driving angle". We thought that protecting the bottom of the shock will protect it from a "'rare hit". But we're always happy to learn and hear feedbacks from you all.! We'll stay tuned for that.

Reut @ ASFIR

Bituman

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S-Works Roubaix, Vassago Mooseknuckle, Turner Czar
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Agreed.
Once I get mine this spring, plan is to media blast and paint a matte black urethane single stage on top of etch primer. Touch up with a rattle can of similar color as needed.
Yes, this. On my ‘73 I powder coated a lot of stuff underneath including the frame. If stuff gets chipped you can’t really fix powder coat. Better off with some type of auto enamel that can be touched up. Powder coat IMO is much better for things not subject to dings.

CowboyKid

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 4DR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Let's talk about it! What color would you like to see?
It's aluminum. It needs no color. It's under the rig and out of sight. Coating will just show the scratches once it hits anything. Just bare metal is best, most attractive with the least amount of cosmetic maintenance. The red has some advantage for you marketing the product; at least to people who like red. People see it on a rig, they ask a question; maybe the buy it. Looks good on a screen. But it is not a practical choice for people who will actually use it for its intended purpose, don't want red, don't want a scuffed looking accessory, and/or don't want the maintenance of painting and/or re-coating. Which is probably most of your intended market. The name thing doesn't bother me because it's underneath and practically invisible anyway. But it obviously bothers some. Not everyone wants to be a rolling advertisement; regardless of your pride, which I respect.

Bituman

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S-Works Roubaix, Vassago Mooseknuckle, Turner Czar
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Our red skid-plates are powder coated. This specific product will be red but we usully don't offer color plates. You can check-it out online.

I can't comment for other manufacturers, I will only comment for us. We believe in our products, we believe in our brand and we carry it proudly - hope you choose to do the same.

Reut @ ASFIR
I would prefer black, not powder coated. But I really like your design based on the photos and you should be justifiably proud. I’ll probably end up with a set, maybe sand blast, and paint with some type of under body paint like POR or similar. From personal experience, powder coat is way too brittle for places that can get dinged up. Would you consider selling as bare metal?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.