Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hey All...
I'm in Illinois and placed my reservation on D DAY with Wickstrom Ford in Barrington. I made a call this morning and spoke to Pat (Sales Manager) who assured me that he dealership would NOT be charging any markups or anything over MSRP. HE also mentioned to me that his dealership had approx 150 reservations thus far.

X-
Sponsored

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

True. With what we know at this point it presents a logistical nightmare.
Yeah, I didn't want to be that guy, but I kinda thought it was important to keep in mind too. I just know I'm not going to want to wait, if that thing is at Granger I'm hitting the road as soon as that call comes in.

I'm coming from Chicago and no disrespect to anyone around me who might want to group ship, but I'm not interested for that reason alone. Also, I'd hate to hold up anyone else for a period of time to get their Bronco. I see it from both sides.

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got the same email. This is not good news if orders will not be placed until December:

Dealer change requests must occur before October 31, 2020. After that date dealer change requests will not be accepted.
How exactly is that not good news if previously it was believed you couldnā€™t change at all??

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
True. With what we know at this point it presents a logistical nightmare.
just looking at the Bronco6G graph. More than half of our reservations are within that first 48hours. Meaning if thatā€™s true for ALL the reservations. That means roughly 60-80,000 broncos were reservation then. So that very well could be WEEKS difference just being an hour apart

Sponsored

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Did people think dealers would spend time taking orders and if you do not like the price you could just keep switching until you find the price you like?
They donā€™t ā€œtakeā€ an order until price is agreed. So yes, I expected this process to work just like it does for ordering any brand vehicle from any dealer. You spec the vehicle when you are ready to order, dealer quotes price, you either come to agreement on price or you talk to another dealer.

Haulin455

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How exactly is that not good news if previously it was believed you couldnā€™t change at all??
No, before we were under the impression it could be changed at the time of ordering (as stated in one of the FAQs) which is much more ideal.

Blaven

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have my reservation email but when I log into the Ford Pass app or Ford.com nothing shows for a reservation. Is that normal? I'm not really worried at all as my dealer has reached out to me. Just wondering if it shows up on the website for people. Thanks!

level3looper

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Haulin455 said:
Keep in mind theyā€™re sending these out to likely tens of thousands of people and it appears each email has reservation specifics listed so they need to be generated individually.

Maybe hundreds of thousands!!! :)
IF it was a full on email blast (I haven't received this email, yet), I would wonder if it is another way to approximate the # of reservations. I'm not very savvy with email header info - but I know there is a SMTP-ID that should be unique and maybe sequential... Could add this number to the reservations spreadsheet? :)

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well if you havenā€™t read the FAQ on Fordā€™s site that says you can change at order date (that is still up but I expect will be changed) then it would be good news for you but it is not good news for those going by what Ford had previously communicated.

Sponsored

mkhutch

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GMC Sierra, 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Iā€™m in Woodstock, I might be interested in getting in on a group shipment from Iowa if no Metro Atl dealers will play ball with us.
I'm game for sure. My dealer has yet to send anything out, call, etc. so that has me worried a little. I have never dealt with them in the past either so no history to work from.

Muleskinner

Black Diamond
First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I called today and was able to change my dealership. Was on hold for about 5 minutes, not bad. Also, when the change is made it triggers a refund of your $100 deposit from the original dealership and your updated reservation will show a $0 reservation amount paid. They said that the updated dealer will collect the $100 payment when the order is placed later in the year.
Ford Bronco New email from Ford - Bronco reservation dealer can be changed until Oct 31 1596040270988

1596040170389.png

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
If anyone absolutely needs a $100 2nd deposit back they should not buy a new car.
I donā€™t disagree, but Iā€™m not here to tell people how to spend their money. :)
I agree with that as well, I donā€™t normally comment on what people should be doing with their money. But I had to make an exception at the $100 level :) .
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.