Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Exactly. Work out the deal before ordering and get it in writing/email. Either set a total agreed price on build or set a % or $ discount relative to list or invoice if you change options before final order.

Did people think dealers would spend time taking orders and if you do not like the price you could just keep switching until you find the price you like? The price should be worked out well before ordering. Ford has to balance between what the customers want and what their dealers want. Not everyone will be 100% happy.

A buyer could always threaten a one start yelp rating...but that would just get mixed in with the 1 star ratings most dealers already have.

P.S. It's always good to have that second reservation in place as a backup if things really do go south with first dealer. Again, use it as a negotiating tool, they don't need to know it was placed well after first reservation.
Indeed good points on all fronts there. I can only imagine Granger's parking lot becoming a zoo when all these trucks start to arrive, and then when all the delivery trucks arrive to pick them up. Going to be a madhouse! Hope you're allocating plenty of space and "runoff" room for when things start to get crazy there Albert!

If group shipping is allowed, then space would have to allocated per state, or region, for deliveries. Whew ... just the thought is making my head ?
If as Ford says, they will ship pretty in order or batched in some way, why would one dealer be flooded with deliveries? One week, they may only receive one, next week 3, following week 5 etc.
Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Every aspect of deal including financing (lease money factors and APR's, special financing etc) changes can affect deal along with the potential for "new and improved" doc fees etc. A lot can change between Oct 31 and a delivery in Spring 2021.

Just sayin.
This is especially true if you have a trade. This is where some dealers will get you.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That's on this forum, but are we even 5% of those with reservations?

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
No email yet. Waiting 1 1/2 days to reserve must have put me deeeeep in line. I can wait.

Sponsored

FstFrd00

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gunsmithingtx.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 BD Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am still not seeing this or anything about 10/31 from the ford reservation FAQS
"

Can Customers update their dealer selection for their reservation?

Customers may reach out to Ford Customer Support at (800) 334-4375 for assistance in updating their dealer selection. In changing dealers, there will be no impact to a customer's reservation ID, vehicle details, or the associated timestamp.

"

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

That would be cool because I currently live 45 minutes away from the bronco plant but within six months Iā€™ll be moving to the big Island of Hawaii. To ship from Michigan to Hawaii is about $3000 to $4000 depending on who you choose to do the shipping. Iā€™d rather pay FORD $500 if itā€™s possible.
I lived in Oahu for 3 years, shipping to the islands isn't cheap but can guarantee you that all the dealers there will charge crazy ADM unless things have changed since I left so you'll still come out ahead than buying local!

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
@Granger Ford are you guys still able to accept reservations and trade ins? Thinking of switching my reservation to you guys.
Iā€˜m pretty certain Granger Motors is and will continue accepting reservations but to hear from the man you should probably contact him directly or at least post in one of the threads that was started by Granger. Albert reads an incredible amount of the topics but he canā€™t read/see every post.

GiddyUp

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If as Ford says, they will ship pretty in order or batched in some way, why would one dealer be flooded with deliveries? One week, they may only receive one, next week 3, following week 5 etc.
Where to start with this one ā€¦ have you seen the number of folks that have a reservation in at Granger? And if you have, then you would have also noticed that a majority of these reservations are from out of state. Sure, at the beginning, things may be manageable, but then there are factors that will eventually build up. Trucks coming in will need to go through a dealership inspection. Inbound customers will need to be seen to in regards to their vehicle. Paperwork to be completed taking more time into the process. Then those trucks that end up with some kind of small issue will need to be addressed, which will then be put back into the mix with the other trucks still arriving. If you have ever had a vehicle delivered, then you would understand the process of how long that takes. Is Granger using a dedicated service? How many delivery trucks do they have? How long will it take to line a driver up for a delivery and to then load the vehicle up? Iā€™m in GA and can pretty much guess that it will take a driver a week to and from. And if the service is smart, they will try to find some business of hauling something back from GA to some point along the way back up to IA. Not only to make an additional profit, but not to waste a trip empty handed and wasting resources. What about a truck that now needs to be delivered to KS, TX, MN, CO or AL??? All the while ā€¦ more Broncoā€™s are still arriving in IA! Even Granger stated they are creating a team to address the customers Bronco needs.

So, my question back to you is ā€¦. Why wouldnā€™t a dealer, such as Granger, not be flooded with trucks??? I do hope youā€™re correct. As for me, I wouldnā€™t want to assume, or guess, that things will just be A-OK and then get caught with my pants down ā€¦ so to speak. Cheers

Sponsored

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you have ever had a vehicle delivered, then you would understand the process of how long that takes. Is Granger using a dedicated service? How many delivery trucks do they have? How long will it take to line a driver up for a delivery and to then load the vehicle up? Iā€™m in GA and can pretty much guess that it will take a driver a week to and from. And if the service is smart, they will try to find some business of hauling something back from GA to some point along the way back up to IA. Not only to make an additional profit, but not to waste a trip empty handed and wasting resources. What about a truck that now needs to be delivered to KS, TX, MN, CO or AL??? All the while ā€¦ more Broncoā€™s are still arriving in IA!
Shipping will be the responsibility of the customer. Thatā€˜s how it works anytime you buy a car long distance. The dealer will help with coordination. Shipments go through freight forwarders who are optimizing loads. Will there be issues because so many vehicles are going out of a small town in Iowa? Do not know but I doubt it. Delays in shipping will happen, particularly if your shopping for best price. Prices can be much cheaper if your willing to wait for the right load coming your direction. Go to uship.com and you can learn a lot about how it works. Iā€™ve shipped/received cars from all over the country many times.

GiddyUp

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Shipping will be the responsibility of the customer. Thatā€˜s how it works anytime you buy a car long distance. The dealer will help with coordination. Shipments go through freight forwarders who are optimizing loads. Will there be issues because so many vehicles are going out of a small town in Iowa? Do not know but I doubt it. Delays in shipping will happen, particularly if your shopping for best price. Prices can be much cheaper if your willing to wait for the right load coming your direction. Go to uship.com and you can learn a lot about how it works. Iā€™ve shipped/received cars from all over the country many times.
I am hoping you are correct, however, Granger has stated that they will be working with customers on shipping. So correct, shipping can be arranged by the buyer, but is not a given in this case should Granger provide a competitive price. In either case, the trucks will have to go through an inspection process, as well as documentation etc. So, as we have both experienced, getting a vehicle shipped is not exactly an instantaneous process. Even more so with independent shippers that typically need a range of time/dates for pickup. So sure, the process at the beginning should be ok, but so does rush hour before it really becomes a traffic jam. Lets hope it does all pan ok for both the dealer and for us. In either case, it will be a good problem to have.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.